TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Come be filmed on Kemah's Boardwalk Bullet!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a great time this morning, thanks to Robb, Elissa and everyone who attended for making it such an enjoyable time. I didn't bring my camera in until after we finished riding but here's a few quick shots I took afterwards.

drop1.jpg.e1347948aa498d6f91759ec93b57748d.jpg

Took a shot of the 1st drop right as we were leaving. Was amazed to see a couple of familiar faces in the front row. You two are crazy - 15 trips was enough abuse for me.

group.jpg.8885f72fb7e05cc62a7ccdc4dacf260a.jpg

A few members of our group chatting right after we finished riding.

aerial.jpg.721e9f9373ce5ca850bfc624624c846f.jpg

Here's an aerial view of the coaster, taken from the observation tower.

enter.jpg.598476c25518b1eaf752107c26a372cc.jpg

As you can see it was a great day for filming.

Here are a few photos from today. You guys were all a GREAT crew! Thanks for all the enthusiasm. The footage turned out amazing and I'll have it up on the site very soon.

But for now, here's a couple of photos from today...

bullet15.jpg.e3994e373791957c54446f3363e608e7.jpg

And finally, the girls of TPR...Just a few more years KidTums and you can ride too!

bullet14.jpg.825e659900fbafe24c97751b50201317.jpg

The "Bullet Boys!!!" =)

bullet10.jpg.f5723af5266e8420f09914eb72589f17.jpg

By ride #15 everyone was pretty much holding on for life!

bullet07.jpg.d03db76abbbfa77f56c682bd01e74c57.jpg

These are some VERY brave riders!

bullet12.jpg.099ecd96c815c63987eb6cf9f6fd6574.jpg

TPR shirts go blurring by!

bullet09.jpg.e910361d60b3921e766a602d75f281b6.jpg

I think this was ride like #12 or something like that!

bullet06.jpg.a6a0237909249598ec67bc7b2d113d06.jpg

Hey TPR gang! Lots of excitement now!

bullet11.jpg.1bf9d364865abfef9dfcaba056fe9d1f.jpg

"Sure...I'm in shape enough to climb the lift...uh, huh..."

bullet03.jpg.a64afe47fdbee8f931484f55a9b591d9.jpg

Yes, that drop is very steep and there's a good jolt of airtime there!

bullet08.jpg.b7626899ee814602190c7d2cdb41e7c4.jpg

The bayside turn is pretty cool, but it does suffer from a lot of shuffling. I'm told this will be fixed during the off-season.

bullet01.jpg.7b7aa6abb3252d05a926b7e15b6c5cde.jpg

First drop is very good, but very brutal! Hang on tight!

bullet05.jpg.f3b524a3fe59bf9395e8a2d0870a3034.jpg

The TPR bullet crew is ready to ride! (All smiles here so far!) =)

Wow i had fun...! I think i hurt my shoulder trying to keep my arms up as much as i could. I wanted to Pee for so long but tried not to miss any rides! Robb and everyone else was cool! I went with my little cousin (i was wearing a striped blue and white shirt) PS: Elissa is even hotter up close Had a great time. First coaster "outing" with a group of nuts like me! I stuck around a few more times after everyone left. I like the "ugh" look from the normal ops that are there when they see us. Not mr 300 or mr 250 guru guy but i'm only at 69 runs!

methylene- What happened to "Let the women watch the babies!?" You were holding the baby more than you rode

Wow i had fun...! I think i hurt my shoulder trying to keep my arms up as much as i could. I wanted to Pee for so long but tried not to miss any rides! Robb and everyone else was cool! I went with my little cousin (i was wearing a striped blue and white shirt) PS: Elissa is even hotter up close Had a great time. First coaster "outing" with a group of nuts like me! I stuck around a few more times after everyone left. I like the "ugh" look from the normal ops that are there when they see us. Not mr 300 or mr 250 guru guy but i'm only at 69 runs!

methylene- What happened to "Let the women watch the babies!?" You were holding the baby more than you rode

My wife rode 3 out of the 16 or so times. What are you talking about?!

Those 3 times just happened to be the shots Robb got from the structure, so that's why she shows up in all the pics.

But that's okay, as she's much prettier to look at than me.

Matt

Come on Robb, give us your overall rating and review of the park, Houston, and the coaster. Don't hold back.

Where were you AMF! I was hoping to see you out there again, you would have helped with the 'cheer' section!

Jim and I (Gemini?) rode another 15 rides or so after we finished (before and after lunch). Lunch was great with the group that formed - I learned a lot more about various coasters and parks! Its nice to see everyone (including Robb and Ellissa) so enthusiast to answer all our questions even though you two have probably answered the same questions 1000's of times! You guys also have a VERY well behaved baby! I think she only cried once and that was when we were on the Bullet... probably because she wanted to ride!

And as for the coaster - I have no doubt that it is running as rough as it ever has in my 300+ rides right now. As I stated next last week, rows 2-7 are really rough, especially row 2 and especially the rows on the wheels! I feel really bad for the group that sat in row 2 for the first 6-7 rides or so, I nor Jim would have even ridden there that many times in a row and we are pretty "Bullet Proof". The seats 10-12 are actually not as bad as the other seats IMO, at least not with the 'shimmy' going in the first 15 seconds (which is what really gets to me). Once you learn to ride the first drop you can counter a lot of the aggression with body positioning however you can't counter that shimmy!

For the one asking about the weather, it was nice but a little warmer than earlier in the week. Much better than 2 weeks ago, and a heck of a lot better than if Robb would have made it when the ride opened in the summer! Robb would have never made it up the lift in the upper 100+ degree heat and humidity, I know I wouldn't have! The footage he shot from the hill is some of the coolest video we have ever seen on the Bullet - can't wait for it to be posted!

Finally, after meeting a lot of the TPR are guys and a couple of them that have been on the trips, I am REALLY considering finding a way to get the money for next years East Coast trip. Would be really fun and a good way for me to knock out quite a few of my 'want to ride most' list!

-GG

Wow i had fun...! I think i hurt my shoulder trying to keep my arms up as much as i could. I wanted to Pee for so long but tried not to miss any rides! Robb and everyone else was cool! I went with my little cousin (i was wearing a striped blue and white shirt)

I feel sorry for your cousin - he was stuck in row 2 for many of the rides, although 3 that you were in wasn't much better! The contrast between row 1 and row 2 is quite amazing isn't it?

-GG

pic speaks for itself

That was me. It was the infamous ride #12.

On ride #11, the lapbar ratcheted down to a painful level. When we got to the station, we stopped, paused a second, then rolled right out. They didn't release the bars so they wouldn't have to spend time checking them again.

By the bottom of the first drop on ride 12, I was SERIOUSLY stapled into the seat. Every little millimeter that the train shook, I shook, too.

I was OK, but I was spewing profanities. That's Guru next to me laughing his a$$ off at me.

bullet09_165_114.jpg.507535733eb6c38c1c0c866fcf7954f5.jpg

pic speaks for itself

Ah.. Yes I recall those rides. Normally when we ride the Bullet in the back it isn't too bad. We've become pretty adjusted to the quick turns and know how to 'fly around the seat'... there was the problem however. Since several times they let the train go through the station so quick our lap bar was PINNED down on us like nobody's business from the ride before. We are NOT used to this since normally people unload after each ride and we can re-adjust the bar... OMG, the first ride of being 'pinned' down by the bar was brutal. Always make sure you have plenty of space between you and the bar in ANY seat, especially the back, at least 3 inches or so if possible, to move around in your seat. Wow. Neither of us was expecting that - I think we scared off many riders from riding in the back later on from our moans and groans. It was such a relief to make it to that first big hill where that picture was from - I think Jim who had his head down there in the picture was just beginning to recover and then realized "Oh noes! We still have the 'The Pop' to go over in a few seconds (that real quick and violent jolt into the lap bar on the following turn near the parking lot is what we call the 'The Pop' for those unaware). The 'the Pop' with a ultra tight lap bar is not a good thing!

So - tip of the day... Make sure your lap bar is loose! We were able to loosen the lap bar on ride #3 in the back, but then they zoomed us through again on ride #4 and it was ultra tight again. I am interested to see in the video how much higher I came out of my seat in ride 1 and 3 when the bar was loose as Robb was shooting from the lift at that time.

=GG

I was surprised that most of the group didn't go back and ride some more.

Guru and I went right back after the video shoot and rode until lunch. After lunch, we rode until the crowds got bad.

I got a total of 24 rides. That's actually below my average for a trip out there!

I lost my notebook that I keep count in at the bottom of the first drop. After the video shoot, the mechanic found me and gave it back. That was pretty cool. I had to keep track on the iPhone during the interim.

261 and counting....

I was surprised that most of the group didn't go back and ride some more.

I'm not too suprised. Most of them were stuck in the middle of the train which was pretty rough, rogher than the back with little reward (first drop ejection etc) that you get in the back. I sure hope EVERYONE has a chance to ride in at least the front row if they thought it as too rough, and at least once in the back - it is not as bad as the middle, especially row 2, IMO. The front is like a Cadillac, relativaly speaking, dramatically smoother than any other seat. I'm hearing that most of the train was designed to ride like row 1, and like Robb's previous post about the shuffling on the upper bay turn (which is at an all time high at this point), it may be much improved in the off season if things go well!

-GG

My aching back, my neck...arrrgh. My thighs & arms are BRUISED! I wished I would've thought to stretch out first before I rode, lol but it was worth every second! I liked the back seats the best though. Second car from rear wasn't too bad either. So anyone else in major pain today??? My hubby got some clips on video. Do I post a single post for each video or can I add multiple vids on one post?

PHOT0314.JPG.66a0175cf581c87c16a8252481e70eb3.JPG

Drop view.

ME.JPG.d8b939d28f858c2ba26e82bf759973c7.JPG

Me...of course. ;)

TPR.JPG.6c5759360a47289c766ee22fbb1d632d.JPG

TPR Riders...

PHOT0060.JPG.3ef463598ea66d0efa0a40fab8e60ecf.JPG

Say 'hi' Robb.

PHOT0058.JPG.5f087fe3d204df72a63b2f99a64a8c08.JPG

Robb & his camera.

StillWaiting.JPG.657e21ceb0e734ccacef00a09e4869d0.JPG

Waiting impatiently...lol.