TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Come be filmed on Kemah's Boardwalk Bullet!

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It should be back open today. I saw them doing some maintenance on the first big hill yesterday and they test ran it last night with some of the maintenance guys on it. They have added barbed wire around the back parts of the fence and more mesh screen on parts near on entrance queue as well.

-GG

There are still some spots open for this Sunday's filming session. If you would like to attend, please send an email to robbalvey@themeparkreview.com with the following information:

1. Your full name

2. Your TPR screen name (you MUST be a member of TPR to attend the filming)

3. Your age

4. A couple of sentences about you, etc.

5. Your sex (unless it's REALLY obvious by your name!)

6. How many people are in your party (NOTE: You may not bring a guest other than a spouse or other family member. If you know other people who are interested in coming to the film shoot and they are not family members, they must email me separately. Chances are very good they will be allowed to attend, but they need to be at TPR member and contact me directly.)

Remember, only sign up if you are 100% sure you can show up. If you sign up, but do not show up, you may be blacklisted from any future TPR events.

--Robb

No, as long as it's running fast it's pretty smooth and doesn't shuffle around much. If it's slow you will really notice it shuffle on the bay turn, but it's not that bad. There are just two major jerks in the track that that make me not want to ride the backseat more than once.

^^^ wuss.

Seriously, how you react to it depends on what you're used to.

Anyone who enjoys TxGiant even a little bit should have no problem on this coaster whatsoever.

Ditto for Rattler.

I can easily ride 20-30 times without getting off the train, even when it's running a bit slow and rough. I couldn't do more than 2 or 3 on Giant this year.

^^^ wuss.

Seriously, how you react to it depends on what you're used to.

Anyone who enjoys TxGiant even a little bit should have no problem on this coaster whatsoever.

Ditto for Rattler.

I can easily ride 20-30 times without getting off the train, even when it's running a bit slow and rough. I couldn't do more than 2 or 3 on Giant this year.

Haha, no I can ride it I just won't enjoy it. For a new coaster I'm just saying I expected it to be smoother

Is it open yet?

I thought I posted earlier that it would be open yesterday. Regardless, it opened yesterday. I rode tonight about 25 times or so as it was dead. Ran really slow and was really rough in many of the seats. Strangely enough, row 5 provided the best ride, it hasn't done that in a long time. Perhaps with empty trains and a slow ride 5 is the better seat. It was when the ride first opened up and was running low 70's, but quickly became one of my least favorite seats when it ran 64-66's. Amazing what a few seconds difference can make on which seat I like the best. I usually like 2R, but it was almost unbearable for me today. The back row was nice as always, rough but worth it. Hope it is running fast for TPR on Sunday. All the ride ops are aware TPR is coming as they have been told to come in early for work that day

-GG

LOL, yeah. That sucks when it happens.

I couldn't take riding over and over for a shoot. I would probably be sick by run # 10. If i re ride coasters i generally rest after 4 cycles.

Certainly would like to do the shoot, but it is too much for me now.