TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Come be filmed on Kemah's Boardwalk Bullet!

Hey Theme Park Review members!

I have some good news and if you live in the Houston, TX area, I have some REALLY good news for you! Theme Park Review will be doing some filming on Kemah's Boardwalk Bullet on Sunday October 21st, 2007.

If you are available on this day, please EMAIL me immediately at robbalvey@themeparkreview.com and we will send you details on where to go and when to show up.

Please note that this is *NOT* an open "ERT" session. We only have a limited number of spaces and because this is a film shoot there will be certain restrictions on what you can wear, how many riders we have, etc, etc. If you are under 18 years old you must be accompanied by a parent to participate in the film shoot.

So if you are available on Sunday, October 21st, 2007 please email at robbalvey@themeparkreview.com and we will give you further details!

Hope to see you at Kemah Boardwalk!

--Robb Alvey

www.themeparkeview.com

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many of us will be at Fiesta Fest that weekend. I might return by 1-2pm Sunday however. What time will you be filming?

They had a hard time getting enough people for the Boardwalk Bullet commercial, eventually they had to let the public in to get a full train during the last few shots and even then there were a few empty seats.

-GG

P.S.

When I try to email you my emails are rejected. I'm trying to get my system admin to fix this. Error: 550 it says.

We will be doing our filming between 9am and 10:30am before the ride opens. Realistically we only need about 15 or 20 people to pull off a "crowd" and we can get the rest of the pick up shots after the ride opens.

--Robb

Ah! I don't think I can make it then. Perhaps you'll be around later in the day and I can at least meet you.

Sundays on the Boardwalk Bullet pretty slow until the late afternoon/early evening hours, you usually don't have to wait in line at all. Hopefully the weather will play nice etc! Great to see the Bullet getting the publicity and treating everyone well!

-GG

^I'm sure Robb will mention this in the email but please don't 'try your best'. Either make it or not. You don't want to take someone elses spot, or sign up and not show. That will make you look really bad and pretty much blacklist you from future TPR Events!

I have sent out the email to everyone who has emailed me. If you did not recieve the information, please email me at robbalvey@themeparkreview.com and I will re-send it.

Also, if you are interested in this event, we are more than welcome to have you, but please keep the following in mind:

1. Please only sign up if you are 100% certain you can make it. There are limited spots and we need to fill the trains. If you sign up taking someone else's spot and don't show up you may be blacklisted from doing future TPR events.

2. If you know someone who wants to go and they sign up, please make sure they are enthusiasts as they may be required to ride as many as 10 or 20 times. I received emails that said "Me and my three friends want to go." That's GREAT! Please make sure your three friends email me directly, are members of TPR, and are prepared to ride for 90 minutes.

3. This is a RIDING EVENT. We need people to ride. This isn't an ERT event where people can show up, ride a couple of times, and then stand off to the side. We will be filming for about 90 minutes and we need people who can ride that entire time.

4. You NEED to be confirmed on the guest list to attend the event. You cannot just "show up." You must be on the guest list. If you just show up, you will be turned away.

5. You may be asked to ride in a specific seat. You may not be able to choose your seat. The reason behind this is we may want certain people on camera. We may say "We need a female and a teenage boy on camera", etc. So please be patient with us and be understanding if you are asked to move to another seat.

6. Since this is a stock footage shoot for both the park and TPR, we ask that you do not wear any other park related apparel other than Boardwalk Bullet or any other coaster club or website related apparel other than TPR. If you have a Boardwalk Bullet or TPR shirt, please wear it!

7. NO CAMERAS OTHER THAN TPR'S WILL BE ALLOWED ON THE COASTER DURING THE FILMING.

8. If you are under 18 years of age, you MUST have a parent with you. They do not have to ride, but they must attend the event with you and stay the entire time.

^I'm sure Robb will mention this in the email but please don't 'try your best'. Either make it or not. You don't want to take someone elses spot, or sign up and not show. That will make you look really bad and pretty much blacklist you from future TPR Events!

Understood completely, just got his e-mail and read through it. Will be responding shortly and once I do will 100% for sure be there.

^ Dude, it will be great to finally meet you!

--Robb "Hope to see the baby too!" Alvey

We can have the womans watch the babies. That's their job, right?

I don't know what your plans are in Houston the rest of the day, but we plan to head on over to the Texas Renaissance Festival later that afternoon.

No, we're not renfest dorks. We like to make fun of renfest dorks while simultaneously eating their food and poking at their crudely made craftwares.

Matt

Yeah, the women will be in the air conditioning with the babies while the boys all ride!

We don't really have plans our time there...other than Carrabbas of course! Maybe the two kiddies in North Houston? Any other locals have suggestions on what to do in the area?

Yeah, the women will be in the air conditioning with the babies while the boys all ride!

We don't really have plans our time there...other than Carrabbas of course! Maybe the two kiddies in North Houston? Any other locals have suggestions on what to do in the area?

There's this place called IT'z in Northwest houston that has an indoor kiddie coaster credit (unpowered) and an indoor diskO, but I don't think they'd let us on the coaster even with the babies. As far as carrabbas goes, I'm sure you know that Houston is the home to the original Carrabbas.

There's dozens of them here, including 2 or 3 on my side of town.

As for air conditioning at Kemah, I don't think any of the 8 million Landry's restaurants will be open that early, but it should be fairly cool in the AM by the end of the month.

There's a lot to do, if you're wanting to do the Houston things, there's the zoo, aquarium, children's museum, space center Houston, a couple of Arboretums. In Gaveston there's Moody Gardens & of course as someone mentioned, the new Schlitterbahn which is indoors. Too bad Astroworld is gone, you'd have that to do too. You can look online for the locations. Moody Gardens has 3 sections plus Imax.

Having spent a lot of time with Robb and Elissa I don't think that we've ever done anything "educational" as that would mostly just confuse Robb.

Probably the best bets are getting the kiddie credits and going to the waterpark, and why on earth would anyone discourage Elissa from going to the waterpark?!?