TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Joining the army soon

FLIPDUDE

^I'm looking at grpahic design/visual media. Possibly animation.

Hey maybe we'll meet on the drawing boards one day for a major movie. I'm going into the same thing in College, not the army (or any armed branch) but I'm also going into Graphic Design/Animation.

Good luck out there man! and keep your head down, stay calm and take orders (even though you hate'em) and be proud....(this is my advice as a result of having a pair of US Soldiers as parents)

And watch yourself out there!

Chris

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did 4 years in the U.S. Marines myself, wasn't forced or required, but got to see a lot of the world! Too bad I wasn't into coasters then!! Great experience, got to see Kuwait, Dubi, Singapore, Malaysia, Australia,.... Tons of missed coasters out there!

Good Luck, hope ya make it back ok!

Well the army is mandatory in here (Israel) but people can get away from it if they have problems (mental or physical). Of course many people can act like they have problems and although I served 3 years I still can understand people who are so afraid from it that they just do everything to avoid it.

I also have panic / anxiety disorder and well - it wasnt easy dealing with it while being in the army as I didnt want to get out. Back in my days it was a big shame not to be in the army and nowdays its abit different.

For me it felt like I had no other choice. I had some bad times and some good times. The thing is my service forced me to find inside of me the inner strength to deal with my anxiety (maybe there are better ways though).

Yeah that was one of the biggest surprises when I visited in 98. I had no idea it was mandatory that you had to serve.

I think back then it was only 2 years for men, but it's been a long time ago I could be wrong.

We saw a group of soldiers somewhere just sitting around hanging out and our guide told us about it.

Yeah that was one of the biggest surprises when I visited in 98. I had no idea it was mandatory that you had to serve.

A lot of nations in the eastern hemisphere have compulsory conscription.

I think its silly to say congrats on getting out, thats like saying congrats on getting your leg blown off to someone who was subsequently honorably discharged from the Marines or something.