TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Getting away with a POV...

TwistedTrack

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok here's a dumb question.. well.. maybe not?

What DOES P.O.V. stand for..?

And I have tried to "sneak" a cam onto a coaster once.. but I was told to put it away... and I did.. (later in the ride after struggling with the restraint)

But every park I have ever went to denied me access to film. Do you know any parks in Southern california that would let me film a coaster for POV footage?

• 2 weeks later...
Ok here's a dumb question.. well.. maybe not?

What DOES P.O.V. stand for..?

And I have tried to "sneak" a cam onto a coaster once.. but I was told to put it away... and I did.. (later in the ride after struggling with the restraint)

But every park I have ever went to denied me access to film. Do you know any parks in Southern california that would let me film a coaster for POV footage?

All the So cal Parks with the exception of Knotts has let me bring on cameras and video cameras onto rides. Stupid Knotts!!!

_six

I searched "Theme Park Videos" and sure enough there is Robb at the top.

Just out of curiosity, I checked to see how far I was buried (must admit that I don't really target that term) and sure enough there I am on Page 29.

Wait a second ... it is a link to this site. :shock:

Hey Ted...no worries. I found your site a while back and I love it. Online ride counter is tops

I would like to have a shirt from both TPR and CF to wear when I am at a park. (Not on the same day of course)

I got a few at KBF. Supreme Scream, Silver Bullet, Jaguar, Boomerang, and Ghostrider. I want to get Xcelerator and Montezooma's Revenge but Last time, they wouldnt let us on. We snuck on the camera the other times, but we got permission by our ride op friends on Supreme Scream and Boomerang.

I think the only reson i didnt get introuble for taking my camera on Flight o fear at pki as because my cousin was the ride op so technially i didn't break the rules cause i had permition from the ride op To badf my cam didn't have any film

yay post 30

I think the only reson i didnt get introuble for taking my camera on Flight o fear at pki as because my cousin was the ride op so technially i didn't break the rules cause i had permition from the ride op To badf my cam didn't have any film

yay post 30

**PLEASE READ** the Terms Of Service. Be sure to check your spelling and/or use Google Toolbar to spellcheck for you. If we have to warn you repeatedly, you will be banned.

Thanks.

has anyone got permisson from DL/DCA? just wondering, i would really like to bring my camera on a lot of rides! i know your not supposed to on indiana jones, but i was pirates one time and someone was taking flash pictures and a voice said over a speaker ''please do not use the flash''or something like that. so im guessing you are allowed on pirates! but does anyone know about any other rides?

-thanks

has anyone got permisson from DL/DCA? just wondering, i would really like to bring my camera on a lot of rides! i know your not supposed to on indiana jones, but i was pirates one time and someone was taking flash pictures and a voice said over a speaker ''please do not use the flash''or something like that. so im guessing you are allowed on pirates! but does anyone know about any other rides?

-thanks

Both Disney Parks are really loose about letting you bring on cameras onto rides. I've taken a few cameras on Indy and have never had a problem with the ops when doing so. But, it is a good idea to leave off all the lights; cause I do know that Disney is really strict on that. Hope that helped!

_six

^^When I went to DLR about a year ago, I was able to bring my camera on all the rides except for TOT and Indiana Jones!

I have a complete POV of the Pirates ride, I just couldn't use the light on my camera!

I just wish that Knoebels and Disney parks weren't the only ones that let you bring your camera on the rides!

ooo! cool! ill try to see what i can get video of when i go.

IMO, i think having a flash/light turned on, is very rude. it really ruins the ride when you see a little spotlight flying around, or see everything light up when it is supposed to be dark.

anyway, thanks for the info guys!

I've only taken my camera on 2 coasters: On Megafobia at Oakwood I had it lying in my lap, and the ride operator told me to put it away, so I did.

Last summer at Alton Towers' Runaway Mine Train, I did also have it lying clearly visible on my lap, the ride operator didn't say anything, he just smiled weirdly.

I could sneak my camera on a ride, but it just somehow feels wrong, I am a bit afraid that someone working for the park could notice it, and maybe punish me.

Last summer at Linnanmäki, I was told to go away, when I filmed Pikajun (a Mack Blauer Enzian coaster) offride near the exit, it was quite strange and also annoying.

I don't either want to film POV's if I am in a foreign park and there are long queues, so that I can't be sure if I can ride the coaster again, because if I can only ride once, I want to fully enjoy the ride, without anything distracting me (in this case the camera).

Well, then again I don't get 'so great' footage for videos, as some who film POV's do, but I try my best with offrides, parkvideos etc.

so when you ask the disney people about bringing a camera on the ride, what exactly do you say? im just curious. do you just simply ask ''can i bring a camera on the ride?'' or do you mention something else?

i really dont want to loose my new camera due to a rule, i saved a lot for it!

Well after reading this topic I have been in touch with the Florida parks, and so far Busch Gardens have told me I'm not allowed to do POV on their rides, fair enough, and Disney have said to ask the operators on the day.

I am awaiting a reply from Seaworld.

Does anyone have a contact email for IOA / USO?

Aaron "Going to Florida in the summer" Weight

so when you ask the disney people about bringing a camera on the ride, what exactly do you say? im just curious. do you just simply ask ''can i bring a camera on the ride?'' or do you mention something else?

i really dont want to loose my new camera due to a rule, i saved a lot for it!

This goes for all parks for me; not just Disney. I don't ask them anything; but I make sure that my camera is out in clear view for them. If there's a problem than I am more than happy to go by their rules and put it away. I'm not sure what you mean by losing your camera becuase of a rule. The worst thing that can happen is that they'll simply ask you to put it away.

_six