TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movies, Movies, Movies.....

robbalvey

Shrek 3! 8/10

Shrek 2 > Shrek > Shrek 3, basically. I would have liked for an extra 15-20 minutes to add a bit more to the story. It felt a little bit 'cookie-cutter' but still had a lot of great gags and sequences. As usual, the improvements in the animation since the previous Shrek film were great such as the subtleties in characters' expressions, fur movement etc. Liked the bitchiness of the princesses and such parts as Arthur's high school. It was also really good that the backstory was taken care of in the first few minutes of the film as it helped with the pace.

Highly recommended.

Ocean's 13

8/10

By far the best '3' sequel this year. Not too much chit-chat like Pirates 3, doesn't use too much VSX to impress you like Spider-Man 3 and the jokes are much funnier than Shrek 3. You have to see the way they steal the money. It's SO COOL!!

So pumped for this one. Loved the first one. Thought the second was great if you looked past the improbability of such sequences as the laser room ballet but it was let down by the too clever ending...still, very good. Comes out Thursday 14th here in Australia & I'll have my butt on a cinema seat that day for sure.

Have the first one but haven't seen it yet. Did the second movie tie into the first one at all? Was it the same setting? Or was it just a sequel in name?

Saw 28 Weeks Later today; rather enjoyed it. It's definitely veryyyyyyy Hollywood (firebombing, a certain helicopter sequence etc) and has a couple of dead spots but not a bad sequel. For me, the family storyline didn't entirely work though. But the pacing was pretty good if a tad formulaic. 7.5/10

I just saw Hostel II and it was a little disappointing to say the least........

**Potential Spoilers**

The first hour or so of the movie seemed to be EXACTLY like the first film. Three Americans (this time 3 girls) go to Europe to party and end up getting tortured and killed.

Some of the actresses in this movie were AWFUL. I swear the casting director just took a bunch of Eastern European models and just gave them some lines to read!

I will give Hostel this... the last hour was really twisted, sick and scary. I especially enjoyed the sly exploration of two American clients hopping on the “torture” bandwagon. And the ending... oh my... the ending. Pretty crazy stuff. All in all, the movie did what it was supposed to do... gross you out and scare you. Definitely not for the faint hearted...

7.5/10

Let me add *spoiler* about Hostel 2...

If you think that a good movie ends with a gang of rabid gypsy children playing soccer with a human head, scoring a 'goal' between two trees (how HILARIOUS!), then by all means go see this this movie.

BTW...this was NOT scary at all.

Let me add *spoiler* about Hostel 2...

If you think that a good movie ends with a gang of rabid gypsy children playing soccer with a human head, scoring a 'goal' between two trees (how HILARIOUS!), then by all means go see this this movie.

BTW...this was NOT scary at all.

That wasn't really the ending, it was the final frame. I'm talking about what happened to Beth........

Does anybody remember that stupid-looking movie last year, Monster House? I saw it last night at my friends house, expecting it to the be the worst CGI movie ever created. But, after the final scene, I was amazed. A sad storyline, good action, suspense, all tied up with a giant house that eats people. What could be better?

I would give this movie 9/10, since there were too many times they tried as hard as they could to be funny, yet it was just juvenile and stupid. But everything else was pretty good

Does anybody remember that stupid-looking movie last year, Monster House? I saw it last night at my friends house, expecting it to the be the worst CGI movie ever created. But, after the final scene, I was amazed. A sad storyline, good action, suspense, all tied up with a giant house that eats people. What could be better?

I would give this movie 9/10, since there were too many times they tried as hard as they could to be funny, yet it was just juvenile and stupid. But everything else was pretty good

I bought it for my three-year-old son..I really enjoyed it.

I host a weekly "bad movie night" with dinner for friends. Last week we watched DEAD ALIVE - a zombie flick from New Zeland. IT ROCKS!!! I can see why it is such a cult classic. Freaking hilarious, gross-out, irreverent... Also - Peter Jackson (yes, that Peter Jackson) was one of the screenwriters and director. If you get the chance to rent it, do so.

David

Wow, bad choice for a "bad movie"... although I did notice that you put that heading in quotes. I agree Dead Alive rocks and is completley over the top zombie fun.

Another movie that surprised me and ended up being really entertaining was Undead.

Maybe you could put that one on your list to screen.

On Wikipedia,they say that Disney is working with a movie based on the ride "Jungle Cruise",and the name for the movie is as thought "Jungle Cruise",however,the film was going to get filmed in 2006,but got delayed,now it hopes for premiere in 2009.

Knocked Up. 6/10 I was very disappointed by this movie. I really thought it would of been funnier and it felt like it would of been a better movie if cut down by about 20 min. Sorry but 2 hours and 9 min. is too long for that sort of comedy. I really thought I would of liked it better since I loved The 40 Year Old Virgin.

Fantastic Four 2- It was pretty interesting. I expected it to suck, and it was better than my expectations so I had a good time. The silver surfer made the movie worth it. 6/10

Ratatouille- I went to one of the sneak previews today, and it was amazing. Definiteley the best Pixar movie. Nothing can beat thousands of mice making food in a kitchen. Plus, I'm sure this movie is Elissa approved. 10/10

I just got back from Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End. It was the best movie I've seen all year, despite the fact that it's the only movie I've seen in theaters all year.

I thought the movie was great, filled with action, that awesome humor that made the other two movies great, and a pretty good love story. However, the only downside is that it didn't make sense at some parts, and it ran WAY too long. Sure, it wouldn't have been as good, but 2 hours and 45 minutes is too long for me. But I still enjoyed it.