TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movies, Movies, Movies.....

Oh yeah, the old Wehrenberg Campbell 16... Let's just say I don't miss it. The mural is great though, glad Springfield has invested in public art over the years.

Good luck in KC!

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only thing I miss about Wehrenberg is the catchy jingle; I spent most of my movie-going time at the Regal downtown... it was within both walking distance, or if I was lazy, also close to the campus shuttle route.

The other catchy ad I remember from movie-going down there was the Cox Health F.A.S.T. Stroke ad they would play that, well, I just managed to find it on YouTube:

• 3 weeks later...

We're doing Movie Nights on Wed. and Sunday evenings. And they consist of movie series that we can binge on, one after the other. And they are DVDs that we own. Not renting like we usually do. We just finished the Harry Potter series. Now we're watching The Hobbit films, followed of course, by the Lord of The R-ings films. In the order they were supposed to be watched. We may tackle the Star Wars films, but not yet. So that's what we're now doing, in regards to movies. Ones that we've collected...and neglected over the years.

I got a free movie rental from Redbox for my birthday, so my mom and I finally got to see Dolittle. I can see and understand some of the negativity towards the movie, but overall, I really enjoyed it! Of course, I am very easily entertained and even with movies like this where there are admittable issues... I'm pretty good at acknowledging that and then pushing it aside so I can just enjoy the good parts.

• 4 weeks later...

Just casually rewatching the first Brendan Fraser Mummy movie and the cold open/opening narration/backstory mentions that the curse placed on Imhotep while being unspeakably horrible now, would turn him into an all-powerful demigod with ambitions of world conquest/destruction should someone be stupid enough to awaken him.

Maybe they should have not cast that curse...

and just given Brendan Fraser his coffee

• 1 month later...

Mulan will debut on Disney+ in September instead of a cinema release. However, it will be $29.99 on top of your subscription to watch it as a 'one-time event'. For a big family that's cheaper than going to the cinema but I have to wonder if this is successful if other streamers might follow suit in the future having add-on premieres on top of their subscriptions.

• 4 weeks later...

After 2 years of reshoots, re-edits, delays, and COVID, The New Mutants finally hit theaters this weekend. It was perfectly fine considering everything it went through to get in front of audiences. My biggest complaint was that it could have had some more horror elements considering it was a horror movie.

• 2 weeks later...

The last movie Ive watched was chinese coffee with Pacino starring, by the way after this movie I started research about usual chinese coffee recipes and found one thing named Dalgona, it was not easy to understand without 3rd party services like this https://pickwriters.com/chinese-translation-services  because it was written on original chinese language so I visited this to understand the way of preparing dalgona xd
About movie - Mixture of detective and comedy. 10/10 for me, as every Pacino movie

We saw Tenet last week.

First of all, the whole theatre experience was, to put it in a word.....wierd. When we first ordered our tickets online (which we had to do ahead of time, no cashiers at the theatres), the seating map presented to us for choosing seats, showed at least 20 or so already taken. All spaced apart, which was fine to us. It showed the theatre chain was working the covid thing out.

But when we got to the theatre, got our popcorn, and into the theatre, we discovered there were only three other people to see the movie! No body else came in after the movie started. So this was very strange to us, about the seating map.

The movie was fine, although with a Christopher Nolan film, "fine" isn't exactly that easy to describe it. "Time inversion" was the main theme of it all. And although it was explained again and again and A-GAIN in the film, I still had trouble just accepting it and "going with the flow" so to speak.

And the dialogue. You really had to listen to everything being said in this movie. No dozing off, here. Miss 5 minutes of dialogue, and you might miss key elements to the plot, etc.

We did enjoy it. But would I see it again? Probably not. I do recommend it to see it on the Big Screen. Especially when all the backwards/forwards stuff starts happening, at the same time.

8/10 Popcorn Bags

^A lot of the dialogue could also be difficult to hear at times (esp. if you're in a theater with bad sound quality). It moved too quickly for such a concept to be properly absorbed and understood by the audience. It is a movie I need to see again with subtitles this time. And like all Nolan films, it is a technical marvel and a visual treat.

^ Also agree, about the dialogue moving along so fast! Both me and David actually looked at each other, from time to time, saying "what did he/they say?" Then of course, we'd miss some other (usually) important dialogue.