TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movies, Movies, Movies.....

robbalvey

IRON MAN 2: ELECTRIC WHIPPAN BOOGALOO

In my opinion, it fell a little short of being as good as the first one, but it was still very good. Most of the action scenes were well done, but the main action scene just felt like it was wrapped up a little too quickly, especially for the buildup surrounding it. Justin Hammer was a character that was truly a huge d-bag.

All of the crossover references just make me even more impatient for the Avengers though.

If you liked the first one, this movie is still worth watching, just don't expect it to be as good since the first had a certain whimsy. Just a little shy of the first one, IMO.

4/5

So I decided to have myself a zombie movie night with some movies I randomly heard of and had never seen. Well I just finished the movie Deadgirl...if any of you have seen it I'm sure you'll agree with me saying it was one of the most disturbing movies especially in the zombie category. And not in a good way...at all. The story isn't exactly family friendly so I'm not going to go in to details as they're easy to come by (wish I had read a little more about it before I watched it) but the movie is just all kinds of wrong and disgusting. In unrelated news a roach crawled onto my head as I watched the movie and made me freak out like a school girl. But that's not important, what is important is that if you like movies that don't do things that shouldn't be done, don't see this. If you are one of those ultra strange ones that enjoys truly disturbing ideas such as those implemented in this movie, then go for it. I personally did not enjoy this film. 3.5/10 (for the pretty good acting throughout and...originality...I guess...)

AC/DC + Robert Downey Jr. + Justin Theroux + Scarlett Johannson doing 90% of the movies "real stunts" + Gwyneth Paltrow doing it "like a boss" + Don "Imma War Machine" Cheadle + Jon Favreau's sense of humor + MAVERL STUDIOS + Geoge Lucas creating modern day CGI + Stan Lee as Larry King + bad a** Mickey Rourke being a bada** with his bird + Samuel L. Jackson being Samuel L. Jackson + the colors red and gold + ummm... Iron? = Awesome.

That's my review.

8.5/10

Edited by KDcoasterMAN

^I thought that only applied to bad movies with god-awful sequels, seeing how it's named for Transformers, but oh well.

Iron Man 2: 3/4 Stars. The action was very good, the actors did a great job (especially Robert Downey Jr.) and it was interesting to see what exactly happened to Stark after he revealed his identity to the world at the end of the first movie, but the whole thing felt somewhat lacking. I wasn't expecting a superoir sequel that superhero films seem to love (Dark Knight, Superman II, Spider-Man 2), but the whole thing was satisfying and I can't wait to see Iron Man and War Machine in The Avengers film in 2012!

However, the all AC/DC soundtrack gets an A+ from me!

I TOTALLY disagree with the Iron Man 2 = Transformers 2 analogy.

I did think the first Iron Man was a bit better, but this one was a fun ride. Great villain with Mickey Rourke and HOTNESS in the form of one Scarlett Johannson.

Transformers 2 had no such villain or hotness.

Finally getting around to watching some movies I was gifted for my birthday.

Observe and Report

Exactly what the previews made it out to be, an edgy version of Paul Blart: Mall Cop. But while Paul Blart was more lighthearted and had a more likable character, Seth Rogen's character Ronnie isn't as likable. Observe and Report had some humorous moments, it mainly relied off shock value for laughs. All in all, if you're into comedies, it's worth a rent at best and not the greatest of Rogen's movies.

3/5

College

Another movie where my guess based on the trailers was correct. Take Superbad, rip out anything good about it, and then get that Drake kid from Nickelodeon prancing around the screen instead. That's basically the movie College, and it would have fared better as a bargain bin DVD and bad enough that not even the people that make American Pie sequels would touch it.

1/5

I don't think Iron Man 2 was ANYWHERE near as bad as Revenge of The Fallen. I mean, where are the racist robots in Iron Man 2?

It's gonna have people nit-picking it to death, no doubt, but I think Iron Man 2 is just as sharp and fun as its predecessor, and had a ton more action to boot. Maybe not enough action for the Michael Bay generation, but certainly enough for me.

9/10

I saw Iron Man 2 on Friday, as well. I thought it was pretty good. Mickey Rourke was great as Whiplash, and Robert Downey Jr. gave a good performance, too. Other than that, cool explosions and Scarlett Johansson hotness. I found it really similar to Transformers 2, except TF2 had better action and IM2 had better acting. 8/10.

Also, has anyone seen the new trailer for Inception? In my opinion, it looks like it'll definitely be the best movie of 2010. This trailer makes the movie look like it's in a league of its own, completely separate from every other movie this year! The music, the visuals, the acting, and Christopher Nolan directing = a recipe for success. I am soooo excited for this, and can't wait to go to the midnight showing in IMAX!

Here's the trailer, in case you haven't seen it yet: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z75o-F6ja2I

Jennifer's Body

Finally saw the light of day with a release to DVD in Australia in the last couple of weeks. The opening twenty minutes, dialogue wise was wierd. Maybe it has been too long since I went to High School, but do kids really speak like that?

Than something happened maybe a good thirty minutes into the film, it seemed to find it's feet and became a dark, funny, sexy film.

Was it as good as Juno, no! But did it deserve to be a box office failure, of course not.

6.5/10

Can't wait to see what Diablo Cody does next.

Watched Rent for the first time last night.

Now I'm kicking myself for not watching it before. It was one of the best movies I've ever seen, and by far the best musical. The characters are weird, but you really learn to love them. My only gripes are that the first half or so is a bit slow for my taste, but that's for character introductions and stuff, and that the movie just felt too long. I'd definitely watch it again, though.

Rollercoaster (1977) - I've wanted to see this movie again for a long time, I was a little kid watching it on TV when I last saw it, thinking - wow I'll never get to ride any of those amazing coasters in America.

First thing, do not watch this movie if you are trying to give up smoking, everyone smokes in this movie - at one stage the main character (who is trying to quit) wins a game and gets handed a carton of cigarettes as the prize (I wonder if Kings Dominion still do that).

Second thing, this movie is a coaster geeks wet dream with lots of shots of people walking the tracks, POVs, and a faux inside view of the amusement industry plus Ocean View, Kings Dominion and Magic Mountain are featured.

Third, if you want to see the worst band that ever lived, check out the band playing at Magic Mountain for Revolution's opening.

So what's the movie like? It's half decent, and held interest. In case you don't know anything about it, the story is about a psycho who blows up coaster track remotely to cause accidents in order to extort money from amusement park operators. One of the main set pieces is a bit of a take off of Dirty Harry where the main character gets shuffled around Kings Dominion with a 50 pound suitcase of extortion money and is forced to marathon Rebel Yell, as well as tons of spin and puke rides. The nostalgia value is priceless, seeing Revolution portrayed as the most cutting edge coaster on the planet is pretty funny.

Essential viewing for all coaster geeks, I demand a remake - maybe if dcody gets bored on maternity leave she should give it a go.

Robin Hood

I saw this movie this last weekend, and it wasn't all that great. I thought it was really dull and I nodded off to sleep a few times during the duration of the film. During the last action sequence I had trouble seeing what was going on due to the fast editing and I got a headache, which has never happened to me before. I wouldn't recommend seeing it at all.

4/10

When I was a kid, I remember watching a late-night movie which was a thriller about a detective tracking a killer who dispatches his victims in very unusual ways. In the end it turns out that the killer was a heavily tattoed man and his tattoos would come to life and kill his victims. (Example: His snake tattoo leapt off his body and killed some chick.) I remember the animations of them coming to life being kind of scary. But then again, I was only 8 or 9 at the time.

I've been trying to figure out what movie this is for years. Any ideas out there?

Finally saw Iron Man 2 which was awesome. I'm actually in the minority of people who preferred the sequel, though they were both great. I loved the Walt Disney overtones with Tony's father, it was very clever the way they did that. Oh and Mickey Rourke rocked, though it didn't really seem like he was the "bad guy" of the movie.

^No. Although certainly not a bad movie it never really stood out in my mind. I've tried watching a few times since I saw it in theaters and never get more than halfway through before I turn it off out of boredom. Although I do want to see the second one, I felt beyond Robert Downey Jr.'s performance the only thing that stands out in my mind about the first one is Tony Stark's incredibly awesome house