TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movies, Movies, Movies.....

robbalvey

^ Cannibal Holocaust is a CLASSIC! Enjoy!

I am a huge Horror fan too and was sad that I hadn't even heard of this before reading the disturbing movies thread!

I love gorey movies as long as they aren't trying to be scary by being gory, "Look his arm is chopped off and bleeding be scared!". Or if there is a very unique scene which I already know exists with the impalement scene!

I'm here to report that Cannibal Holocaust was a huge disappointment...

Not a terrible movie, but it was not disturbing, it was not really that gorey, I guess its disturbing that real animals were killed but thats not the movie more the director. The movie had no flow and it was more along the lines of :: Professor talks:: film clip follows, etc. There was no tension or anything remotely close to scary in this "horror" movie.

I give it props for the gore they accomplished with what they had at that time period though and there were some god scenes but the climax you waited 80 minutes for took about 2 minutes of nonsense that you could barely see.

Oh well, onto the next one I guess!

I'm here to report that Cannibal Holocaust was a huge disappointment...

Not a terrible movie, but it was not disturbing, it was not really that gorey, I guess its disturbing that real animals were killed but thats not the movie more the director. The movie had no flow and it was more along the lines of :: Professor talks:: film clip follows, etc. There was no tension or anything remotely close to scary in this "horror" movie.

I give it props for the gore they accomplished with what they had at that time period though and there were some god scenes but the climax you waited 80 minutes for took about 2 minutes of nonsense that you could barely see.

Oh well, onto the next one I guess!

It is known today for it's huge 70's cheese factor. It was such a HUGE deal when it came out because of the subject matter and time period that it came out in. It is kind of a "rite of passage" for Horror/Gore buffs

It is known today for it's huge 70's cheese factor. It was such a HUGE deal when it came out because of the subject matter and time period that it came out in. It is kind of a "rite of passage" for Horror/Gore buffs

I take nothing away from it for being cheese gore, because it was made so long ago, I gave it due props!

I guess it was just that I kept getting told that it was so disturbing and scary, and then it was neither of those. It was just kind of bland and idiotic in the way it went abut itself for me. I def. understand why it was controversial when it came out though.

Anyway, next up in the mail box today is Silent Movie...A great classic if there ever is one

Watched a few movies at home over the weekend:

Kick Ass

It was awesome. Just plain awesome.

Scarface

I hadn't seen this one in probably 10-15 years. It's a movie that has great performances, I mean, it's Al Pacino ... Hello!?!? But the movie itself, I gotta admit it kind of drags and there is absolutely no redeeming quality in the movie. Nobody learns anything and everybody dies.

Clash of the Titans (remake)

Yeah, it kind of sucked. This is what happens when you try to update a classic movie with great performances and make it better with some CGI effects, get some A-list actors to "dial it in" and take away some classic characters (WTF, no Bubo?). When my 12 year-old son is like "meh" then you know somebody screwed up. To be honest, I liked the Last Airbender better.

Oh, and Pegasus is supposed to be white you idiots!!!

Yeah, it kind of sucked. This is what happens when you try to update a classic movie with great performances and make it better with some CGI effects, get some A-list actors to "dial it in" and take away some classic characters (WTF, no Bubo?). When my 12 year-old son is like "meh" then you know somebody screwed up. To be honest, I liked the Last Airbender better.

Oh, and Pegasus is supposed to be white you idiots!!!

Couldn't agree more about this! I LOVE LOVE LOVED this movie as a kid and went into the re-make with some apprehension. It was visually beautiful (except for a black damned pegasus) but that was it. I was pretty disappointed with the changes to the story, because the story was damned good to begin with.

Oh well - yet another instance of "don't mess with the classics!"

I just saw Cats and Dogs: Revenge of Kitty Galore

It was actually a pretty good movie. It works as a sequel to the first Cats and Dogs movie, but also stands out as an all-new movie all on its own. The story was simple, yet very well done. The characters were all generally likable. The special effects were great. I recommend this movie to everyone, especially if you have kids (or know people who have kids).

I just got back from seeing Piranha with my brother. First off, the 3D...well...it was awful at best. It was seriously poorly done. Beyond that though, it was a fun movie. Ridiculous (like it needed to be) and great entertainment. Not worth the price of a 3D movie though, that's for sure. I'd give it a 5.5/10.

The Fall-

This movie came out a while ago (in 2006, actually), and I had never heard of it before the night I watched it, but it was a great movie. The story itself was, at least for me, refreshingly original, the cinematography is absolutely stunning, and the little girl is too cute to not like! A few problems I issues I have with the movie, though... It's a hard plot to follow, and if you miss five or ten minutes of it, you miss a LOT of information. Also, as cute as the little girl is, she's nearly impossible to understand without subtitles which, of course, would take away from the overall movie experience if they were turned on. This kind of left me guessing what she said by her actions, which got annoying after the 90-minute (out of 117 total minutes) mark. Still, the feel of the movie, combined with the great storyline, outweigh the bad things in my eyes.

Final score: 8/10

Just watched "Shrooms" on DVD.

I was kind of let down. I was thinking it was about Mushrooms that went around killing people and was very excited. Then I found out it was about Mushrooms that make people go around killing people and stuff.

Still kind of fun, but my imagined version would have been better!