TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movies, Movies, Movies.....

robbalvey

My friend and I watched "the Unborn" Friday night...almost. We began watching it, but it was so predictable and had so many horror cliches that it was comical and we decided to turn it off, and instead watch "Zombieland"

"The Unborn": 1/5

"zombieland": 5/5 as usual

Just got home from seeing "Prince Of Persia, Sands Of Time".

A rather dull, waste of time and money. Jake looked good, the dialogue was awful, the acting wooden. If only I had some of that sand, I could have turned time back to before the movie begin.

3 out 10...The three was because Jake was eye candy, without him. 1 out 10.

^ HA HA HA!!! That is priceless!

Well I guess while I'm here I might as well review a movie.

Moon

I don't wanna say too much and spoil this movie for anyone, but go check it out! It's awesome. Sam Rockwell gives an amazing performance in it. If you like sci-fi movies then you need to see this.

9.5/10

I have a little story... so I was bored tonight and I felt like watching a movie I haven't seen yet. I had about $20 left on my moviepro.net account so I figured I would search for something to watch. I rounded up the "usual suspects" to watch like Sandlot and Slapshot for cheap, but that's because they're only in 480p Divx format. Then I don't know exactly how I remembered, but I clearly recall seeing a commercial a long time ago for a rather bizarre looking movie.

9 Movie Trailer

That's right, it was "9." I remember the commercial being awesome, so I figured it would be worth watching. I am glad that I did. I want to know why it got little publicity because I thought it was really cool and interesting. I actually made the comment on the YouTube video that even though I am not a fan of apocalyptic type movies it was so different it sounded too impossible to happen, but at the same time it made itself so incredibly real.

Those are my feelings on the movie and I am sure to watch it again.

Just watched district 9 (I know I'm late but whatever) And it was absolutely fantastic! I'm upset that Best Buy isn't open at this hour because I really want to buy this film. I liked the whole plot although some parts were predictable. The aliens looks and acted very real (or as real as aliens can act) and the visuals were stunning!

10/10

plus I really like the mothership beam cliche!

^ Totally agreed, it was AWESOME. I don't know how Pixar continues to do it.

I think the movie is made for those people who grew up with Toy Story and it will be VERY popular to Teens and Young Adults. I remember seeing the first Toy Story a couple of days after my wedding and then watching my kids grow up watching the movies and then seeing it come to an end in a totally satisfying amazing way was great to see.

I think this is honestly one of the first movie trilogies (I guess we can call it a trilogy now) that has 3 movies that totally stand apart, yet work so well as a complete set. And the fact that there is not a bad movie among them is something that is not seen very often.

The summer movie crop isn't doing much at all for me this year. I did enjoy Iron Man 2, but I have little desire to see anything else before it comes out on DVD.

That being said, I did sit through The Karate Kid with my Dad and my niece and nephew earlier this week. The movie was reasonably entertaining, but:

1. "The Kung Fu Kid" would've been a better title.

2. At 2 hours and 20 minutes, I thought this sucker was too long (but my niece and nephew liked it).

I have yet to see a movie this summer (but I will be seeing Toy Story 3 tomorrow, I believe) in theaters, but a few days ago I was introduced to a movie on dvd that I loved: Repo! The Genetic Opera. It's a rock opera telling the story of a city under an epidemic of organ failures and the company that saves the people's lives, but with a deadly cost, because if someone falls behind on their payments, a Repo Man will come and repossess the organs.

It's very dark and grisly, but very entertaining. The filming style reminded me of a mashup between Watchmen, The Phantom of the Opera, and Friday the 13th. Also, some of the scenery reminded me of the Haunted Mansion in the Disney parks. Repo is sort of like Rocky Horror in that it's developing a cult following, complete with "shadow casts" acting out the movie while it's being projected behind them. It was also directed by one of the directors of the Saw series, who directed installments II and IV, I believe. For anyone who likes rock music and moderate amounts of gore, I would definitely suggest watching it.

Yeah, the summer movie crop has been TERRIBLE this year. Other than The Last Airbender and Inception there really isn't even anything else I'm really looking forward to. Although, the Expendables does look like it will be a fun movie.

If anything, I'd go see Toy Story 3 again since I didn't have to pay to see it this morning.

Toy Story 3 gets a 9.5/10 from me.

I don't cry at movies that often, but boy, did the ending of this movie get to me.

From the very first scene, which we saw before in the first movie, there was a smile on my face that never went away.

Amazing story, amazing laughs (Mr Tortilla Head was perhaps the funniest thing I've seen in years), and amazing action.

The only thing keeping this from a 10/10 was what was said before, the movie didn't feel that epic.

Perhaps it was the fact that alot of it took place in the dark, and things dont seem as epic in the dark, but maybe not.

Whatever the case, it was truly amazing, and the best movie of the year so far.

(Ratatouille will always be my favorite Pixar movie)

PS- The short film before the movie was perhaps my favorite thing about the whole movie.

Cant really describe it, but it had amazing animation and an amazing message.

My favorite Pixar short.

We went to the drive-in to see Toy Story 3 on Saturday. I agree with the others that said they could have developed the new characters a little better. But other than that I thought it was awesome. Definitely on par with the other two movies. A lot of good laughs. The people at Pixar are brilliant and very original. We will most certainly be adding this to our collection.

Loved Toy Story 3! Almost as good as the first one. I kept hearing from friends & stuff that it had a sad ending, but I just didn't really see it as a sad thing at all. Just me I guess. However the scene at the dump was so scary. I was so scared & sad that I was literally on the edge of my seat.

And I predict that 6 months later, a complete Shrek collection will be released in store!

Nope. Six months later the capitalists who run Dreamworks animation are pitching out a Puss in Boots spin off.

Not even kidding. I wish i was...