TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movies, Movies, Movies.....

robbalvey

^ Agreed. It was very entertaining, but it felt more like an action movie. And the entire story was almost to much for me to take seriously. I would recommend it for something fun and entertaining to watch, but like Chuck said do not go expecting it to be great. Also, there was almost too much comedy in the film for its own good, IMO.

^I thought the score was one of the best things about it (except for the curious Irish folk tune they played over the closing credits). As I said earlier, a very entertaining action movie, but not really "Sherlock Holmes."

This is it : 9/10

I'm not really a fan, but this movie was awesome. The show would have been really amazing

District 9 : 7/10

Didn't know at all what to expect. To be honest, I was mixing up Peter Jackson with Michael Moore, so I was really confused when the movie started like a documentary but turned out to be a real movie. Still not my cup of tea, although the story and the effects were enjoyable.

There were several moments throughout the film where I actually missed some dialogue because I was too awed by the look of the film. The 3D is fantastic, but not gimmick-ly so. The plot seemed somewhat cliche (I know there have been several comparisons to Dances With Wolves, and it reminded me of Pocahontas through John Smith's eyes), but it worked well enough for me not to mind its predictability much. I am watching it again in a couple weeks, this time in IMAX 3D. And I can see it pulling a few Oscars.

The strangest part for me was getting used to Owen from Dodgeball (Joel David Moore) as a normally-functioning person in a dramatic film.

I have to agree with everything that's been said thus far......i was absolutely blown away by this movie. Best visuals I have ever seen, bar none. Yes the story is not that original, but I thought it was extremely well put together and made for just an all-around great film. He may only come out with a movie once in a blue moon, but Cameron really seems to know what he's doing.

The way the CG and real actors interacted was just phenomenal. The movements and expressions of the Na'vi had my jaw on the floor. Everybody should see this movie IMO.

I saw Avatar opening weekend for the first time in 2D and again last week in 3D. And oh, my, god. I haven't been so impressed by a film in such a long time.

The general theme of the story is what really got me. It's so relevant to what's going on in the world today. I think the visuals have something to do with promoting the theme, you just get so engrossed into Pandora, the whole world is really spectacular. I felt strongly for everything in it; the Na 'Vi, the plants ('the tree'!), the culture, etc. I thought of Pandora as a character itself honestly, which is probably why the movie was so powerful to me.

The story wasn't the most creative, and the dialogue wasn't amazing, but the movie as a whole package is just amazing. The scale of everything... it's just huge and well, epic. Seeing it in 3D was also a real treat. I admit it was a tad bit disappointing at first, but once you get into the scenes in Pandora, the 3D is well worth the money. Overall I thought Avatar was mind blowing, and I'd definitely see it again for a 3rd time (IMAX?).

^I couldn't agree more. I'll probably see it again sometime next week. It's definitely caught on throughout the world, since its over $600 million worldwide after only 10 days.

But before a second viewing next week, I'm going to see Sherlock Holmes tomorrow.

Then in January it's Daybreakers, The Book of Eli, and Legion.

District 9: This is one of my favorite films. It has a lot emotion poured into it; there was a lot more than I expected from the trailer. The action scenes are VERY well done, and the alien guns are sooey coo!

Inglorious Bastards: I liked this film. I can see how many didn't with a lot, I mean, a LOT of dialogue between characters....but it really builds up tension between people in the movie. Great finish, it picked up and slowed down a few times, but turned out to be pretty solid in the end.

Hangover: I've heard SOOO much about this movie from pretty much everyone I know. There was a lot of hype going into this, I was already sure that this would be a new favorite. BUT...I was dissapointed; I think it was very over hyped. Some funny parts, but I really didn't care about the characters and I wasn't laughing as much as my friends were. A good comedy, but completely over-hyped for me.

^^ Ten minutes before I read this, I was shown that trailer literally 10 minutes ago, hahaha. I've never heard about the movie beforehand, however now I'm very, very interested! It does, indeed look very TPR.

My favorite two shots are the ones of 'Mega Octopus' hitting the helicopter in mid air (resulting in it exploding), and of 'Giant Shark' taking a bite out of the Golden Gate Bridge. Amazing!

^It's funny, I had never heard of it either until one day I received texts from both my brothers about how awesome it was. My family all watched it when I was at school and I was sad I missed it. They loved how poorly done everything was and couldn't stop raving about the insanely ridiculous scene where the shark jumps out of the ocean, climbs up to 30,000+ feet somehow and takes down a commercial jet in mid-flight lol. Such a strange movie.

Yahoo released the top 10 viewed trailers for 2009 today. Only reason I am posting this is a HUGE surprise at number 8, which happens to be extremely TPR friendly. I never knew there was a trailer for this.

LOL, that was great. Somewhere I have a picture of me with Deborah Gibson, though when I was growing up, it was Debbie.

Took my daughters to see The Princess and the Frog last weekend and we loved it. The story is very cute, the music is awesome, and I loved the traditional 2D animation like the movies I grew up on. My 3 and 4 yr.-old were both glued to the screen. It was their first theater movie and we were worried they wouldn't be able to stay quiet, but they were enthralled.

We rented Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince last week and I thought it was the most boring Harry Potter to-date. There was no action. It was mainly all about their little teen romance triangles. It was so anti-climactic; no big fight or anything. It was just, "You won't kill him, oh well, I will." Poof! "Let's go!" And it was over. Bo-ring!

District 9 - finally got around to seeing it and I was pleasantly surprised, even moved. 8.5/10.

Miss March - not bad for a trashy road trip movie with some original spins on familiar themes. 7/10

Avatar 3D - pretty to look at and interesting but I wasn't greatly moved, Avatar tried pushing all the sympathy and big idea buttons but it seemed forced on that level, not a very original story. 8/10

Sherlock Holmes - I like action films, so I really enjoyed this movie. While it isn't classic Sherlock Holmes, it still has the elements that one associates with the character. The movie did have a lot of action, but I don't think it was that unnecessary. The acting is god, the sets, especially the outdoor scenes, were great, and the movie was overall really good. It was probably the best movie I saw this year.

Avatar 3D - pretty to look at and interesting but I wasn't greatly moved, Avatar tried pushing all the sympathy and big idea buttons but it seemed forced on that level, not a very original story.

I thought the same thing. It was good, but would have been better if they just made a movie, and didn't "force" some of the ideas. I also thought the 3D wasn't any better than most of the other recent 3D movies. I think for many people it was their first "modern" 3D movie and in that case, yes, it is incredible.

Platinum Dunes released a behind the scenes featurette for the "A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET" remake on the Final Destination dvd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=487pSY4rXX4

I have to say, I don't think this movie looks good at all really, which is sad (and almost insulting) because the original NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET is one of my all-time favorite movies.

I understand what you guys are saying, but can you really tell if the movie will be good or not from a 2 minute "behind the scenes" video.

I would rather base my predictions on past attempts at horror remakes.

I use a combination of how bad the remakes released by that company were and how the footage from the new one looks.

I finally got around to seeing Avatar in 3D today.

All I can say is, WOW.

Excellent animation and effects, the 3D was incredible, the characters were likeable (especially Trudy, she was awesome), and the action was just amazing.

If you haven't seen it, you're missing one of my new favorite movies ever.

10/10

Even my mom said it was the best movie she'd ever seen. Though this might be because this was her first modern 3D movie, I dunno.