TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movies, Movies, Movies.....

robbalvey

I just got back from the midnight premier of Zombieland, and let me tell you. It's the funniest movie of the year! It is non-stop awesomeness and hilarity. Also for those coaster nerds out there, it has a pretty kick-a$$ scene on Wild Adventure's wild mouse. The park is presented really well in this movie and it wouldn't surprise me to see an increase in visitors the next couple of weeks.

Anyways, bottom line is, YOU HAVE TO SEE THIS MOVIE!

10/10

That is all.

I too saw Zombieland. I thought it was pretty funny and entertaining but it wasn't as mind blowing as I've been hearing from other people who have seen it.

The ride scenes kind of bothered me. I just didn't buy that the rides would all start operating just because they turned the power on in the park. And what was up with that drop ride?!?!

But overall I'd give it a 7/10

Zombieland

I nearly died laughing. It had almost the perfect balance of serious, ass kicking, and humor I've ever seen. Though for some reason it seems like I knew where they were the whole movie, feels weird to watch a movie that was filmed in my neck of the woods.

8/10

^I actually saw the Toy Story double feature today. It was really cool seeing those movies that I grew up with back on the big screen.

The 3-D was very natural and wasn't in your face and headache inducing.

If you enjoy the Toy Story movies then I'd say do check it out.

^^I'm going to go see it in just a couple of hours. Toy Story has always been one of my all time favorite Disney movies, so of course I have to go see its re-release. Anyways, I'm excited and I'll give y'all a review when I get back.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR TOY STORY 3!!!

*end explosion*

Shawshank Redemption : 10/10

It's been a few years since a last saw this movie but yesterday we finally had time to re-watch it. If someone asked me for my favorite movies, my list always included this movie and it will be in that list in the next years aswell. The story and plot are so great. I wish there are more movies like this.

I just got back from watching Paranormal Activity, and let me tell you, DON'T LISTEN TO THE HYPE!

This movie is no where near being one of the best horror films. In fact, I find it hard to give it a rating higher than maybe 6/10. There was hardly a story line, an excessive amount of unnecessary chatter, and most of the scenes were beyond predictable. This movie was nothing but 90 minutes of jump scares, most of which being nothing more than sound effects or changes in lighting. Another negative about this film is, it's very hard to take seriously. Most of the lines the actors would say would have the audience laughing.

Now that I have said the negatives about this film, there are some positives I feel I need to share. The last 20 minutes or so of the movie is where it actually gets good. The special effects, what little there are, are done very well. Most of the special effects is comprised of some of the best stop-motion sequences I've seen in a while, the foot prints being my favorite. I also have to give credit to the actors for being very good at keeping perfectly still.

The sound effects used in the movie are pretty good too. I liked how whenever something was going to happen, a loud hum would play leading up to what ever was going to happen. Sometimes though the sounds would be slightly out of sinc with the current action, but it's hardly noticeable. They over used one of the most unrealistic footstep sounds though. It seriously sounds more like someone punching a wall than someone just walking across the floor.

Overall, the movie only caters to those who are easily scared. If you have a high tolerance over jump scares, then you will probably be very bored in this movie. I recommend anyone who thinks they may like this movie to go see it once. After the first viewing though, the film looses the only suspense it has and is then very boring.

So go see it once, but then don't even bother watching it again unless you aren't paying for it.

^ God Damn, I'm seeing it on friday and I jump at everything. Thats why my friends go to haunt, my friends bother asked my friend wht he goes to haunt when he doesnt get scared and he said " I get to watch him scream like a bitc*." It is very unfortunatly that I love horor movies and get scared really easily at the same time, I guess I hust like being scared. My friend who is not scared by anything said this movie is terrifying, though.

I easily found Paranormal Activity to be the best 'cam' movie in quite a long time. It will also hold up to the fear factor since the idea of ghosts or entities can overcome the idea of the Blair Witch we all knew was fake right after the movie was released. I mean we know the movie PA is fake but the idea behind the movie can always be real if you believe in that activity.

I found the movie never boring since every night scene was filled with tension and every day scene was a realistic relationship being portrayed.

I am not trying to bust the BW but the entire movie was F this F that and screaming. Nothing happened. With PA something happened all the time. I'd say that if you liked [REC] the ending would be just as effective. I also stand to believe that the end of PA, REC and BW all hold up to have solid closing scenes.

Best horror movie ever? No. Best horror movie not remade and having a budget of 7K...prolly.

Best horror movie that will keep me completely bundled in my covers at night? HELL YEA!

I saw Zombieland last night. It was alright. Not quite as good as most of the reviews I've heard, but decent. Storyline was decent, but it just felt...fake...I know that's strange when talking a bout a zombie movie, but the whole situation felt forced if that makes sense. And something seriously bothered me throughout the movie. Why does everywhere still have electricity? It bothered me more than it should since it's just a movie, about zombies nonetheless, but still, it bothered the heck out of me the entire movie.

6/10

Where the Wild Things Are 10/10

I had a chance to go see this movie last Saturday at an advanced screening on the Warner Brothers movie lot. Being a gigantic fan of the book, I had set the bar very high for this movie. I did not want to be disappointed with it at all, I mean, I adore the book and I didn't want the movie to ruin the story that I've cherished my entire life.

So the movie was...GREAT! I thought it was absolutely fantastic. Everything meshed together so well, the characters, the music, the setting, it was just a fantastic mash-up. Although it is actually one of the more depressing movies I've seen (it's quite sad), it still managed to be heart-warming. It's like Up where it contains the adventure and fun of a children's movie, but is so grown up at the same time. I absolutely loved this movie and would definitely reccommend it to anybody.

---Brent

PS: For being a movie based on a children's book, there was some pretty scary moments for kids. It is a very loud movie and there is lots of tackling and yelling. Bring the kids on your own discretion so you don't have to leave the theater early with a crying kid.

It seems as sad as everyone is claiming it is from your review. I have heard it is wonderful but extremely depressing (like a real childhood can be). I thought What Dreams May Come was wonderful but the depressing factor caught me off guard at first.

I do plan on seeing WTWTA this weekend.

Meanwhile, I loved Zombieland. I think Jesse Eisenberg has great humor potential. I have actually found him funny since the tv show Get Real but he really proved it to me in Squid and the Whale. Right now Zombieland ranks high on my top of the year.

Paranormal was also great as I stated above. I loved it so much because I live in a home where PA happens nightly. Of course not to any degree such as what they experience.