TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movies, Movies, Movies.....

robbalvey

Has anyone seen The Final Destination 3D yet? I am wondering if the 3d has made it worth it to go see.

A friend and I went to see it (though not in 3D) yesterday. To be honest, I think it's safe to say the series is over. Unlike the first three in the series, this was the hardest to take any bit seriously...about on par with Snakes on a Plane. The opening race track scene was exciting, but the rest of the movie seemed quite forced (recycled plot and all). Although the mall scene filmed at the closed down New Orleans Centre was pretty impressive.

Get Real...

9/10

I LOVED this movie.

Summary from IMDB:

A tenderly romantic film tells the story of Steve, a young man in a British prep school, as he struggles with coming out and falling in love with the class jock, John... who, amazingly, falls in love with him as well.

Basically it was just a great movie showing the hardships of growing up not only as a teenager, but gay as well. Much, MUCH better than it sounds! Highly Recommended even to those out there that aren't homosexual...

Final Destination

WTF? This movie was all about violence. Usually movies actually have a reason for all the violence. I think this is one of those movies that just wanted to make money and didn't really care if it was a good movie or not. If you want to be sicked, or maybe even thriller, this movie does do a great job with that.

However, if your looking for a movie that feels like the creators actually wanted to make something quality, then this might not be the best choice for you.

5/10

----------------------------------------

Eagles Eye

I know I'm a little late for this movie. However, I thought it was very well put together. I'm a big Shia LaBeouf fan, so I enjoyed this movie. Very well put together and edited. One of those movies that wasn't very predictable.

7/10

--James

A nice little surprise for me was a Danny Boyle film called "Sunshine". It was very creepy, scary, suspenseful, and well written. It may have crept into my top ten.

And I have a 3 way tie for my favorite movie ever: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly, Pulp Fiction, and the Prestige. I can't decide.

^ Danny Boyle is certainly a great director, dunno if it would be going to far to call him a genius. To me, his films really grab your attention while you're watching but don't have so much lasting appeal. But going back and re-watching them, they're still amazing.

^ Just bought The Prestige, I'm expecting great things from what I've heard, so I look forward to that.

Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs

I actually have always enjoyed Ice Age. I love how funny and overall cute it is. This one is no exception. I think this is probably the best one in the series. I loved Buck. His character was a perfect fit and had a great personality.

All the studio now needs to do is make sure they quit while they are ahead.

7.5/10

--James

Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs

I actually have always enjoyed Ice Age. I love how funny and overall cute it is. This one is no exception. I think this is probably the best one in the series. I loved Buck. His character was a perfect fit and had a great personality.

All the studio now needs to do is make sure they quit while they are ahead.

7.5/10

--James

Wont happen. Already have 4 in the works.

They have all made about the same in america. But overseas its a beast!

the first made about 200m overseas. 2nd about 460. 3rd will make about 700m! Its the 3rd biggest movie of all time! behind Titanic and the final Lord of the Rings movie.