TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movies, Movies, Movies.....

robbalvey

I don't know why everyone is making such a big deal about Transformers being so bad. Great, you find that it is bad, do you really have to keep going on about it. It is getting kind of annoying that every other movie article is about how bad Transformers ROTF is and how there are so many flaws in it. It is not a movie that is competing for the Best Picture spot. It was made for the action and adventure, not plots. /end of rant/.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KRS90V8BQGo

So I'm watching Belly of the Beast on Spike right now (basically because it's late, I'm bored out of my mind, and I have nothing better to do ). All I can say is wow, its awful. Awful in the hilariously cheesy way.

Public Enemies was pretty good. If you're a fan of Michael Mann, don't go in expecting it to live up to Heat, because I wouldn't say that it does. The action was great, the story is interesting, being told from both the John Dillinger's side and the FBI's side. There are quite a few side stories that'll you'll either find adding to or detracting from the experience. The shot style was interesting, high definition but shaky, hand-held cameras gave a documentary vibe that I thought worked pretty well.

Johnny Depp was very good, though he's had characters that he can get into more and have more fun with than here. Say what you will about Christian Bale, but I thought he was the right choice in this role.

But yeah, one of the better summer movies.

Year One

Where to begin? I wannabe Monty Python's Life of Brian, but totally try too hard at humor and make an obligatory penis/buttsex/doin' it joke every 2 seconds or so. I didn't expect much from this movie, but I expected it to be... I dunno... actually funny.

4/10

...and 8 days and $250 million dollars (in the US) later.

Transformers

A 60 foot Optimus Prime and Megan Fox in IMAX definitely makes up for anything lacking in this movie IMO. Overall, I enjoyed it for what it was, a summer action flick.

Grade: B

I went to see UP! finally two nights ago and I have to say that it was one of the best movies I've ever seen. It was absolutely hilarious. The way Kevin moved and acted had me in tears the entire movie. And when Alpha says, "mayhaps you desire to, SQUIRREL..." I lost it. The broken translator for him was one of the funniest things I've seen in a while. This movie was just outstanding in every aspect. 9.5/10

Public Enemies

I was REALLY looking forward to this movie, ever since I saw the first trailer for it. I went into it with very high expectations, which was not the best decision. I was kind of let down by the movie as a whole. Don't get me wrong, it was still a good movie, but I just thought it would be better. Johnny Depp was fantastic as Dillinger, probably one of the better roles I've seen him do for a while. But yeah, this movie was a semi-let down for me, but by no means a bad movie. 7.9/10

---Brent

I saw Transformers, Megan Fox, robots and things blowing up what more do we need? Entertaining movie for sure. What made it better is I saw it in a theater that served drinks!

Also saw UP twice, Pixar movies blow me away.

Next up Ice Age 3 and Harry Potter

Transformers was an awesome movie. There were a few holes in it though. Like about the Arcee sisters, and how that one helicopter guy is a different one than in the first movie, and I thought Optimus and Megatron were brothers. Oh well, one of my favorite movies, I give it an 8.5/10.

UP - 8/10

This is a very cute movie. Visually stunning in every aspect. The dogs personality's where an excellent touch.

This is my second favorite Pixar movie. (Cars being my favorite) If you liked Wal-E, you should really enjoy this one.

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - 5/10

This is what happens when you give Michael Bay all the power due to the success of the first film. I loved the Mekon Fox touch of course, but I think this movie was repetitive robot fight after robot fight.

My favorite part of the first film was the first half where you have character development. This movie lacks that. I think this movie was also so far-fetched that I couldn't enjoy it as much as I wanted to. Also, most of the military scenes where way off what they would do in real life.

I really wanted to enjoy this movie. But I think it was just one big robot fight with a long ending that seems like it would never end.

The visual effects however, where suberb. There are many who probably really like this film. But I think this film is just too much and if they make a third one (Which I'm guessing they will), I hope they redeem themselves.

So to end this review. If you liked the first half of the first movie, you might not like this film that much. If you could handle a two hour movie basically like the ending of the first movie just much more far-fetched, then you will probably enjoy this film.

--James

I thought Bruno was hilarious! A very humorous look at the stupidity of some people.

It was offensive and graphic - which is how I like my comedies! People should really go into this movie expecting that, but no doubt will a lot of people be still offended by this movie. Like CTU Agent said, the people that go and watch this only to be offended, I hope they were uncomfortable! Hahaha. There's occasional stabs at religion, races and other controversial subjects, so if you're at least a little sensitive to these topics, I'd suggest you do not watch this movie.

Everyone in my theater was cracking up and often in tears, I know I was! Most of it just had me smiling and chuckling often, but there were some moments (the swingers party!) that had me hysterical! Overall it was a short, but sweet movie that I honestly wouldn't recommend to just anyone. However if you have an open mind and are just looking for an hour and a half or pure comedy, go ahead!

I'd give Bruno a solid 9/10.

EDIT: Looking at reviews for Bruno, it reminded me of a point I thought of on the way home tonight. It's really a love or hate film, I don't think there's going to be a middle ground (Middle Earth?) when it comes to this movie.

^Lol! me too! I heard some pretty interesting laughs during the movie haha.

I think I was in shock when it ended, totally did not expect all that went on but I for one loved it. Sacha Baron Cohen is a comedic genius.

I wish they didn't have to delete scenes, I would have liked to see them haha.

The exercise bike. ROFL.