TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movies, Movies, Movies.....

robbalvey

^^^That's awesome! I just saw the hangover yesterday and the movie was hilarious. Easily the funniest movie I have seen in the theater in years. The ending with the photos was a great way to end the movie.

I saw Terminator Salvation and Night at the Museum last week and they were ok. The special effects were awesome though especially for Terminator!!! A reborn terminator was a little late though. Its hard to give new life to a franchise when the third one murdered it and through the body into a wood chipper. As far as Night at the Museum is concerned I thought it was just as good as the first but was just missing something. I think I was just expecting to much out of it, and I hate when I do that.

Land of the Lost

Holy crap. I don't get why everybody on other websites are bashing this movie. What would you expect from a Will Ferrell movie based on a hilariously bad cult hit TV show? Oscar-worthy material?

I loved this movie. It's really stupid, immature, dirty, random, but abso-freaking-lutely hilarous. And even better, if you know the show, you'll find a bunch of sly and obvious references to the series (i.e. Marshall singing the theme song while playing a banjo he found). If you walk into this theater expecting a remake of the TV show that defined your childhood, you will hate it with a passion. But if you don't take it seriously at all, you'll have a great time and have many a laugh.

Now, there are some plot holes and inconsistencies, like in the ending (SPOILER: which has Marshall and Holly doing literally nothing to stop Enik from destroying their planet). But hopefully that won't detract from the fun you'll have.

Overall Score: 8/10

Yeah, the sequel was announced before I even saw the trailer. Due to advanced screening reviews, they went ahead and announced it. Not sure of the expected release date though.

The Hangover- 9/10

Zach Galifianakis is a brilliant comedian and I was a big fan of him before this movie. I'm glad to see his style of unconventional humor was present in his character in this film. Zach Galifianakis made this film. Everything I lauged about in this film came from him. Luckily, he had enough lines to carry the entire film! Can't wait for the sequel.

^Already a sequel? I'm not sure how they could possibly do a sequel.

I'll just say the same things you said about the movie. Really, one of the best comedies in the past decade and well done.

I've also heard that there is not one, but two sequels in the works already.

^I just saw it last night. It was alright. It had its funny moments filled with dry humor and sarcasm, but it was a little slow for my liking. Certainly not a bad movie, and this was one of the only movies where Jack Black didn't annoy the heck out of me lol. I'd still see it if you thought it looked funny as reviews really aren't a good thing to base your actions off of.

So yesterday I finally saw Up in glorious "three-dee."

Manly tears the movie. I never thought I, at 20 years old, would cry at a Disney movie. But this movie did a good job immersing the audience to feeling the characters. It was well done and I thought Wall-E was sad.

As for the 3D gimmick, is it me or does it give you a headache?

Went to see Coraline today and I have to say its an awesome movie with a great story even for being based on a child-book, just love the effect of stopmotion, this still is my favourite type of animation movies since my alltime favourite movie is "The nightmare before christmas"

Last two movies I've seen, on Saturday was Step Brothers, insanely hilarious. My buddy Scott and I will still quote from the film... Today on Scream, I saw Carnival of the Souls. If you're into surrealism, then it might be your cup of tea...and I should note that this film inspired George A Romero for Dawn of the Dead.

Saw Transformers 2 last night. It was an alright movie. Not as good as the first and the plot was sketchy and confusing at times but it had soo much freakin action it was crazy. I had low expectations going in so based on that it seemed pretty good.

7/10

--Chris

I also saw Transformers last night. I really liked the variety of robots they had this time around. The action was spectacular, too! I liked this movie better than the first one. It was one that I think was worth every penny that I paid for it, because it was pure entertainment and I had a great time watching it. I was never bored because there was so much going on. I had very high expectations for this movie, and it did not disappoint.

9/10

Just got back minutes ago from seeing Transformers. It was great, but as with most second movies in trilogies, I felt the actual story was lacking in parts, and really just used to piece together movies one and three. The action I give a 15/10, though, and the movie was still very awesome!

Another thing about Transformers, the professional critics all said that it wasn't funny at all, yet I found it to be a hell of a lot more funnier than the first one.

--Chris

Yeah, definitely. The theatre I was at was fairly full and everyone was howling every few minutes. I thought it was hilarious.

Another thing about Transformers, the professional critics all said that it wasn't funny at all, yet I found it to be a hell of a lot more funnier than the first one.

--Chris

Yeah, definitely. The theatre I was at was fairly full and everyone was howling every few minutes. I thought it was hilarious.

I thought it was a lot funnier than the first movie, too. The audience in my theater was really into the movie, so everyone was clapping, cheering, and laughing when it was appropriate. It was probably one of the funnest times I've ever had at a movie, and the audience made the experience a lot better. I'm most likely going to see it again sometime within the next few weeks, before Harry Potter comes out.

Ghost Ship (2002)

I just saw it on YouTube today. The opening sequence where everyone gets cut in half and the flashback sequence toward the end where you get to see what happened to the rest of the ship during the massacre are the only parts of the movie worth watching IMO...