TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movies, Movies, Movies.....

robbalvey

Boys don't cry. Amazing movie. Everyone who didn't see it must see it. I wish more movies like this would be made. 9.5/10

I just rented Million Dollar Baby; Into the Wild; American Beauty. I have them for a week. I am expecting a lot from the 3 of them so I hope I won't be disappointed.

UP

I was really surprised with how much I liked the film. All I knew about it was the basic plot, old guy and boy scout in a floating house and that's it, but the people at Pixar managed to make it very interesting. The animation is unique, nothing like previous Pixar films, and the 3D was weird, but very well done. There are a lot of funny parts, and the film handles the sad parts really well too. It is an excellent movie, and is my favorite Pixar film yet.

10/10

I haven't seen UP yet, but it reminds me of something I heard on the Howard Stern show once. This cranky little guy who's referred to as Eric The Midget (Though he wants to be called Eric The Actor) once actually considered letting Howard fly him with a bunch of balloons tied to a chair, so that he could meet an actress named Kathrine McFee.

I saw two movies at the theater this weekend: Drag Me to Hell and Up.

Drag Me to Hell: 9/10 This was an amazing horror comedy. I had my doubts because I wasn't sure how much they could get away with in a PG-13 horror film, but somehow they managed to make it one of the sickest horror movies that I've seen. The trailer does not do this film justice. It makes it out to be some sort of lame supernatural film like The Grudge, but it is so much more. It is hilarious, bold, and shocking. I can't say much without ruining it, but I highly recommend it!

Up: 8/10 I know I am going to be in the minority on this one, but this was easily my least favorite Pixar film. Having said that, it is not a bad animated film at all, it just has to do with preference. My favorite Pixar films are the ones in which humans are the minor characters (Monsters Inc., Wall-E, Finding Nemo). Also, there was a lot in this film that felt like it belonged in a DreamWorks film (i.e, dogs fighting in planes). My last gripe was how predictable it was. Since it started off on a sad note, it was extremely predictable how everything was going to fall into place. I also thought that the humor in this film wasn't as nearly as clever as it was in some other Pixar films. Having said all this, it is still an excellent animated film and I encourage everyone to see it in 3-D!

Up

Saw the movie in 3D today. Is my new favorite Pixar movie, if only for Carl alone. Plus the movie used 1930's style news trailer music, which wins.

For parents, the movie is a sad movie. I was not alone is getting teary eyed 3 times during the movie.

10/10 and hope Disney makes Carl a character at the Disney parks (which, sadly, does not look to be the case.)

To be honest, I'm yet to be sold on a 3D cinema release. To me, it' still a cheap trick that theme parks use in filer attractions, but hopefully I'll be converted at some point!

At least with Up, there were really no cheap tricks. Outside of one shot of birds flying, but that mad seance with the film. There were no "throwing stuff at the screen for no reason" type moments. Felt very natural.

Up

Saw the movie in 3D today. Is my new favorite Pixar movie, if only for Carl alone. Plus the movie used 1930's style news trailer music, which wins.

For parents, the movie is a sad movie. I was not alone is getting teary eyed 3 times during the movie.

10/10 and hope Disney makes Carl a character at the Disney parks (which, sadly, does not look to be the case.)

Very much agree, 10/10 for me also. I will however tell parents that in my opinion it seemed to be the not necessarily made for kids pixar movie.(not to say your kids wont love it)There is a very touching story line, and as mentioned above, I actually got a little teary eyed. The film was extremely well done, but a few parts may be a little intense for very young children.(I'm just saying there is a reason it was rated pg)

Also, I this is going to sound very feminine, but the short film before the movie was adorable, and so good.

Overall an excellent film!

Drag Me to Hell - the most fun I've had in a movie theater in a long time. Tons of scares. Tons of laughs. Nonstop fun. 9/10

I had the exact same reaction. In general, the movie was really, REALLY entertaining yet scary at the same time. Loved it.

Passengers: I loved this movie...I didn't have high hopes b/c it was a straight to DVD release. (I read somewhere that they did this b/c the studio was campaigning Anne Hathaway for an Oscar nod in another movie)

I love supernatural movies and this one made me cry for hours thinking about the ending. Cant say what the ending is b/c it has a surprising twist.

UP

It was amazing! I almost cried a couple times.

And the 3-d is not what you think, its is used to make you feel there, not for stuff to pop out at you. All animated movies will be in 3-D from now on, and Live action films will soon follow.

A

--Jay

All animated movies? Does anyone know if 9 is going to be 3d? That movie looks bad @$$

UP

It was amazing! I almost cried a couple times.

And the 3-d is not what you think, its is used to make you feel there, not for stuff to pop out at you. All animated movies will be in 3-D from now on, and Live action films will soon follow.

A

--Jay

All animated movies? Does anyone know if 9 is going to be 3d? That movie looks bad @$$

Not all but most. All pixar will. I believe most of dreamworks will. The rest of the year I believe all but 9 will be( from the major studios).

I saw Night at the Museum, Up, and The Hangover. The hangover was probably the funniest movie I may have seen this year and it just as funny as I love you man. Up was probably my second of the two. I thought it was another great Pixar movie and it was sad, yet happy at the same time. I thought Night at the Museum was a lot better than the first, and I liked it, but it dose;t compare to the other two.