TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movies, Movies, Movies.....

robbalvey

I saw Crank 2: High Voltage this weekend and loved it just as much as the first one. They are such great movies. You just have to go in knowing you are about to see one of the most ridiculous movies ever lol. Funny thing was, some of the people in the theater clearly had not seen the first one and had absolutely no clue what was going on. The first one is referenced in so many funny ways that only make sense if you've seen it. Otherwise there are a bunch of random jokes you won't get. Like he asks Eve if she got his message (the one sent from falling towards Los Angeles) and it flashes back to her getting the message which is just a loud wind whistling sound. My brother and I were the only ones to laugh at this part and I think it's because we were the only ones to get it which was sad. But if you've seen the first one, definitely see the second one. It's pure awesomeness. I'd give it an 8.5/10

My Girlfriend forced me to see Obssesed with her. Fatal attraction movies are pretty decent because you know you'll at least some suspense. Other than that....

Story...............................FAIL

Dialogue..........................FAIL

Acting..............................FAIL

Beyonce's Acting ability.....EPIC FAIL

Rating: -2/10

Just saw Burn After Reading...

*WTF* is that movie? Haha

Edit: Just watched 2 other movies: [Rec] (the original Quarantine) and LineWatch.

FINALLY!!! someone else saw [REC.] seriously guys.....see it before you see the american remake

[REC] is a fantastic movie. I liked it much better than its American counterpart.

---Brent

The Soloist was GREAT, and I loved it! In some parts the way the movie was shot looks incredibly cool.

A while ago I also saw American Beauty and cried a little (wimp )...it's such an amazing movie with lots of emotion.

Amazon is delivering Requiem for a Dream this Friday. I can't wait to see it!

Beyonce's Acting ability.....EPIC FAIL

She looks too good to be an epic fail, just a fail...

I saw the same movie this weekend, it was alright, nothing special though. I only went because this new theater here was offering free popcorn and drink for each ticket bought.

I had to switch seats near the end of the movie because these women were screaming their comments, and I mean screaming I could barely hear the movie. I let out a "shut the f up" but they didn't hear me, the people in front of me did though and they busted out laughing.

You don't mess with the Zohan.

So BAD. Sooooo BAD.

I actually thought that movie was pretty decent. Stupid, offensive and pretty colorful for a PG-13 movie, but at the same time, pretty funny.

I know my answer will sound very cliché, but not my kind of movie at all. Not my kind of humour...Sorry.

Southland Tales

I know there must of been a movie in here with a sensible plot. I felt similar after finishing Richard Kelly;s Donnie Darko and now that is one of my favorite movies. So I am hoping if I get 3 hours I will re-watch Southland and give its all star cast (and I mean all star) another chance to convince me that there is meaning to all the madness going on.

I must say that Kelly can definately direct a movie though as ST looks amazing and is composed beautifully.

Right now I would say 6/10

^ I really wanted to see [REC] first, but my mom put Quarantine in my Easter Basket. =/

Well [REC 2]'s trailer is now available and apparently the original WILL be released via Reg 1 DVD later this year. It is, however, all on youtube with english subtitles.

There is no doubting that [REC] was a much more interesting movie than Quarantine. [REC] had a mystery to it which was totally missing from Quarantine.

Just got back from the Newport Beach Film Festival where i was able to this film.

and i have to say it was very good. The camera is always moving i like that. The acting was great.

The comedic timing was really good. It did feel a little to long, and the score was used to much but overall it was a soild film.

B+

I even got to ask Rian Johnson a Question during Q&A.

--Jay

I saw the new X-men Origins: Wolverine film last night.

To put it simply, it lacks. Not as good as the other films (as good parts about the films are the team work and comedy that ensues from that)

The animation also seems a little dated, especially for a big movie like this.

If you haven't seen any of the previous X-men films, go see this one first to avoid dissapointment

Wolverine

7:00

550 Seater 45%

Trailers:

Terminator Salvation - nothing

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - Cheering and clapping the whole time.

District 9 - wtf

Ice Age 3: Dawn of the Dinosaurs - laughs

Night At the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian - nothing

Movie:

was a piece of $h*t really. WTF I called half the lines. bad pacing, and the tone all over the place!

D

Star Trek 9/10

Watched this last night and was kind of expecting a mindless action film with cool effects, but I loved it. It was really good with a cool story and nice effects. It really surpassed all of my expectations. Totally recommended.

Watched 2 movies last night.

The Reader (8/10) and Cassandra's Dream. (6.5/10)

Kate Winslet deserves everything she got for that role. She is cold in the movie, but very touching.

Cassandra's Dream is another work from Woody Allen, and it is very very Woody Allen-ish. This guy always makes some weird movies... and you're never sure if you loved the movie or if you hated it.

Cassandra's Dream was... well, alright I guess...

^Yea, I was pleasantly surprised. ...And this is coming from a Star Wars guy. Definitely worth seeing, IMO. 9/10

I agree. Th. Star Trek "reboot" was much better than I thought it would be.

Star Trek 7:00PM

Imax

sold out.

Trailers:

Transformers 2: got cheers the whole trailer

Movie: Never seen a star trek film, untill now and WOW. It was amazing, the efects were incredible and breath taking. Good acting, story and I loved the ending

A -

Best movie of the year so far.

Saw Star Trek last night and it was awesome. It exceeded my already high expectations. The visuals were amazing, the action was great, the acting was on par and there was humor throughout. A bit long, but it didn't seem like it because it was interesting and entertaining the whole time. I didn't want it to end! I could sit here typing away about how awesome I thought the movie was, but to spare you from reading repetitive rambling, I'll just say that it gets a BIG A+ from me.

Also, ever heard of the rock opera Tommy by The Who? We're watching it in AP US History. All I'll say is if you ever wanted to know what it's like to be on LSD, watch it. Hahaha.