TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movies, Movies, Movies.....

robbalvey

Bolt 8/10

Albeit a bit cheesy at some points, I was quite surprised to find a Disney Animation movie could be so good. After previous dissapointments, such as Meet The Robinsons, I really enjoyed this movie. It has a basic plot, but the animation is stunning and the charcters were well thought out. I enjoyed this movie a lot and would defenitely reccommend it to others.

---Brent

I just finished watching the 1960 version of Little Shop Of Horrors on the Chiller channel.

Let me just say that for a movie shot in 3 days with a $30,000 budget, this movie was pretty great. Cheesy, classic B-Movie material, but I enjoyed it a lot. Not quite as good as the remake, but still very... um... "interesting".

Overall Score: 7/10

Why did everyone rag on the new Indy movie so much? I just bought it and throughly enjoyed it. I mean it was different from other Indy's but I mean isn't a diversion good?

I think many people diss on alien movies. It was done with AI which I consider Speilberg's masterpiece.

While definitely not better than the Last Crusade, I laughed and enjoyed almost every scene for what the movie is...fun.

AI was Spielberg's Masterpiece? Did I miss most of his career?

What about Schindler's List, JAWS, Saving Private Ryan, The Color Purple, Close Encounters of the Third Kind, E.T., Raiders of the Lost Ark, and Empire of the Sun.

I would put all these films before AI. Need I point out that half of them are Fantasy, Alien, and Horror films.

^also Jurassic Park.

Transporter 3

7:15

160/200 seats.

Trailers:

My bloody 3-d or something - looks like the worest movie ever, dead serious

The unborn - looks really good

Underworld - looks like it can be really good or really bad

Spirt- lame

Star trek - Epic

Watchmen- most AMAZING thing ever

Movie:

Not very good, the main girl was horrible, bad pacing, not enough action, the 2 things I liked were Robert Knepper and Jason Statham.

D+

--Jay

Die Hard With A Vengance 7/10

What happened to Die Hard? This movie, naturally being a Die Hard movie, had lots of awesome action sequences, but IMO it has the weakest plot out of all four. Even though it is a Die Hard movie, I felt that this one was over the top unrealistic and should've been kept more down to earth. Although, there was some pretty funny lines that McClaine said, the plot was quite weak. My least favorite in the series.

---Brent

^I think that's only part of it. The first Indiana Jones movies were always extraordinary, but the new one was too over-the-top. Surviving a nuclear explosion in a fridge that was hurtled through the air is a sure sign of ridiculousness. And the special effects in the movie weren't very believable in quite a few scenes, such as the sword battle between vehicles through the jungle, and Shia swinging with the monkeys through the canopy. And then the alien ending didn't help the movie. It just wasn't at the same level as the older Indy movies.

^I think that's only part of it. The first Indiana Jones movies were always extraordinary, but the new one was too over-the-top. Surviving a nuclear explosion in a fridge that was hurtled through the air is a sure sign of ridiculousness. And the special effects in the movie weren't very believable in quite a few scenes, such as the sword battle between vehicles through the jungle, and Shia swinging with the monkeys through the canopy. And then the alien ending didn't help the movie. It just wasn't at the same level as the older Indy movies.

Surviving in a runaway coal mine train over hot lava is not over the top???

^ I am so glad someone else saw Let the Right One In. Amazing movie! My favorite of the year right above Slumdog Millionaire.

I think many people diss on alien movies.

What are you talking about, Aliens (1986) is one of my favorite movies. I think it was Bill Paxton at his finest and Ripley just kicks arse.

Aliens is a franchise about aliens so it cannot be in the same class as an Indy movie that has an alien theme. That would be like comparing Sunshine with Slumdog Millionaire. Two different animals.

I just see two movies that were dissed because they strayed from formula and went the alien route...Indy and AI.

^^^Yes, it was over the top, but in those movies, it was believable. Very unlikely in real life, yes, but believable. Surviving a nuclear explosion from ground zero is unbelievable to pretty much everyone. Yes, both are over the top, but the old movies did it in a way that was somewhat believable and did not detract from the overall story. They made sense. There was no reason for Indy to run towards a town that was very clearly not inhabited by anyone and have to live through a nuclear explosion.

^I viewed the nuclear town as just a reference to the time period of the movie. Obviously it wasn't very vital to the plot, but it did help establish the time gap between movies 3 and 4.

And I viewed the lead-lined fridge about as realistic as clutching the beating heart out of a live sacrifice and have the flesh grow back around.

Just saw Step Brothers. I don't know... I am not particularly a Will Ferrell fan or care for most of his comedies, so I didn't care for it that much. I do however really like Stranger Than Fiction and think that after seeing this, he has A LOT of potential to be a great actor if he would just do something different than his comedies that seem to be the same over and over again. Just my opinion though...

Step Brothers: 6/10

-Justin