TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movies, Movies, Movies.....

robbalvey

Went to see this contriversal movie starring and directed by Ben Stiller. I wanted to see what all the hoopla and buzz was about. Robert Downey, Jr in Black Face, Stiller's continuos use of the word "retard" and Jack Black's blatent outburst of homosexual favors for heroin and I fail to see what's the big deal with the movie is. As a Black man, I find stereotypical movies like Stomp The Yard, Step Up, and Honey way more offensive that Kirk Lazarus playing an African American in black face (in fact Downey, Jr. was the epicenter of most of the funny parts of the movie). I'd say this movie is about as offensive as a babby's buttocks on TV, sure it'll piss someone off, but it wasn't intended for the purpose its opposers critisize it for.

I would probably see this movie again, but I'd more likely just wait for the DVD release. Is it offensive? Only if you're one of those people who get their knickers in a bunch everytime there's a wardrobe malfunction exposing a boob on live t.v. or a white guy uses the N word after being heckeled by a Black audience. I say "SEE THIS MOVIE", at least once

7/10

^People really found the movie offensive? Dang, people need to lighten up. I wasn't happy with the heroine jokes due to someone close to me dealing with the many problems drug abuse brings, but it wasn't offensive. You just have to take it for what it is. A stupid movie trying to be funny. I don't get why people get so worked up. If you don't like it, don't see it. That way you avoid any offensive conduct, and everyone stays happy.

I saw Tropic Thunder with some friends last night, and we all thought it was hilarious (and were pleasantly surprised by how funny Tom Cruise was in it). Offensive? Yeah, I could see why some people would be offended by it, although it isn't on the same level of offensiveness as Team America (another hilarious movie that pokes fun at Hollywood). I'll definitely be buying this DVD.

We had a great Chinese dinner afterward, too--orange crispy beef. . . o-o-o-o-o-o . . .

Saw two movies this weekend.

Mirrors. Was a major disappointment to me. I thought it had a good premise going in but ultimately the execution failed for me. Just too predictable, no real scares and didn't really pull off the supernatural aspect of the idea very well IMO. Very similar to The Ring without the creepiness or successful "Ring climax surprise".

Star Wars: Clone Wars. Not a very big Star Wars fan but I found it entertaining. Remove all the over the top melodrama of the prequel episodes, add a serviceable adventure and some really nifty stylized animation and you got a decent little film. Good for the animation genre as I really liked it's style.

Fight Club - 7.5/10

Well, I finally got around to seeing Fight Club. At first, I thought it was just going to be one of those movies where they fight and that's it. Boy, was I wrong. There's a really deep plot that got very confusing at times, but it was still a good movie. I have to admit that I didn't really approve of the constant cursing and and whatnot, but other than that, it was a decent movie.

^Just out of curiosity, why only a 7.5? Fight Club is one of my favorite movies (although I agree the constant swearing seems forced and out of place, and a bit ridiculous), and I'm just wondering. Just curious as to other's opinions on my favorite movies.

^Just out of curiosity, why only a 7.5? Fight Club is one of my favorite movies (although I agree the constant swearing seems forced and out of place, and a bit ridiculous), and I'm just wondering. Just curious as to other's opinions on my favorite movies.

Well, it was a good movie, but it's just not the kind of movie I like watching. I'm more of a comedy/Disney/adventure kind of movie watcher. Fight Club was a violent, blood-soaked explosion of a movie that moved a bit too fast for my slightly slowish mind.

Not that it's bad or anything.

Films I've watched recently:

The Dark Knight - A fantastically intelligent movie made better by superb acting. 9/10

Hancock - Starts well but goes of in the wrong direction. 6/10

Lara Croft 2 - Stupid, un-original and tedious. 4/10

Hellboy - While it isn't perfect, its fun to watch. 6/10

^^Lol, if your ideal movie is a comedy/Disney/adventure, Fight Club is quite the opposite.

I see where you're coming from though. If something isn't your type of movie, even if it's a well done movie, you're still not going to enjoy it.

Pan's Labrinth:

WOW this was amazing!! great acting, visual effects and gore! 9.7/10

A Clockwork Orange:

Also a very good movie form Stanley Kubrick. very good cinematography and acting. 9/10

Star Wars: The Clone Wars:

if you are under 10 you will love it. if your over 10 years old....star wars is over and its time to move on....dont see it. 3/10

master91

Oh where to start...

Favorite all time: TDK, only movie EVER that I enjoyed enough to pay for more then once in theatres.

I love any kind of movie with sci-fi/action/thriller being tied for favorite genre.

I have been really upset with the quality of horror movies in recent years. I love a good scare and I have no problem sacrificing story for it, I also can enjoy a horror film if it has a good unique gore to it. At the same time I don't like how new horror movies try to scare you by being gory.

The best gory scenes have come from the Saw series, the rack in III in particular, was freaking awesome! So with the horror genre going gory to be scary I have to turn to thrillers like Sixth Sense or Untraceable, or Saw to get a good scare.

I am looking forward to Mirrors, which is going to suck, but I'll get to see a girl rip her own Jaw off which could easily save the movie and make me like it if it is gory enough!!

OK enough of that sorry, saw Death Race today which had an awesome ending that got the 20 people in the theatre clapping, including me and I never clap for movies!

Next movie I look forward to is Saw V, which the made the music composer puke in the first scene and gave the lead actress nightmares, which bodes well for me and I also look forward to Quantum of Solace, HP VI, and Eagle Eye.

P.S. If you couldn't tell I love watching movies! Unfortunately of the LARGE amount of movies I have seen I have NEVER seen The Godfather.

Step up : 7/10

I didn't know this movie until a few weeks ago I saw the sequel on dvd in the ship. As it was on tv last week, I taped it and watched it yesterday.

It wasn't too bad of a movie I must say. I expected a lot of dancing and singing but it was ok and I'll be watching the sequel one of these days.

Hamlet 2

Yes.

As awesome as it sounds.

4.5/5

Rock me, rock me, rock me, sexy Jesus! He died for our sins! You'd better believe us! Rock me, rock me, rock me, sexy Jesus, all night long!

I've been asking for racial understanding in my prayer circle, but I still feel uncomfortable around ethnics.

I'm having a herpes outbreak, but you'd never know it.