TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movies, Movies, Movies.....

robbalvey

I rewatched some older movies past week :

Blair Witch Project : 10/10

I so like the story, the way of filming, the atmosphere.

Pulp Fiction : 9/10

I used to rate this movie 10/10 before, but after rewatching it, I think some parts were a bit boring.

Citizen X : 9.5/10

Great movie with the great Donald Sutherland.

I rewatched some older movies past week :

Blair Witch Project : 10/10

I so like the story, the way of filming, the atmosphere.

YOU LOST THE MAP!@#$!@#$!@#$!@#$

YOU LOST THE MAP!@%^@$%^@$%^@

I saw that one in the theater and I'd give it 0/10 personally. It got scary for maybe 5 seconds at the end. Everything up to that point was just the characters bickering and being generally annoying. Nothing suspenseful or even remotely scary, at least for me.

Oh, and I am a big fan of the ultra low budget film genre. One of my favorites is Takashi Miike's "Visitor Q", which he made for about $60,000.

Well, what do you expect from one of the most overrated directors/writers in Hollywood? "The Happening" gets my vote for worst movie of 2008 thus far. I do not know one person who has found this film to be any good.

I think it was a moment of weakness, hahaha. I'm with you though, it gets my vote for worst movie of 2008 too!

Well, what do you expect from one of the most overrated directors/writers in Hollywood? "The Happening" gets my vote for worst movie of 2008 thus far. I do not know one person who has found this film to be any good.

I liked it, but I think I'm the only one.

I love M Nights movies, even Lady in the Water

Yet again, I am strange, and tend to like most movies, so that may have an element it that.

Just saw the midnight showing of The Dark Knight.

I really liked it, but it wasn't amazing, nor the best movie of the year.

The acting was good, the action was great, but there was something just off about it.

I'm thinking the main thing was that it was to long.

So much could have been left out.

I don't think Harvey Dent should have been in the movie at all.

Also, while Heath was great as the joker, it wasn't anything mind blowing, at least to me. He seemed more comedic, than threatening.

But I still really liked the movie!

I gave it an 8.8/10.

Only Wall-E and Wanted has beat it out this summer, which is great!

Just saw the midnight showing of The Dark Knight.

I really liked it, but it wasn't amazing, nor the best movie of the year.

Was it really dark? I keep hearing that it's so dark that it's disturbing...is that true?

It was darkish (if that is a word, it is in my book), but nothing shocking or disturbing.

Remember, the movie is PG13 and cost around 150 million to make.

They are not going to make a really dark movie, because they have to make their money back!

It was at times actually humorous.

There were more laughs than shocks.

PS- While the trailers were playing, an usher was checking the theater.

There was a knock at the exit door, at the front.

He opened it, and was ripped out the door and the joker ran in, locked the door, and ran around the theater laughing.

It was one of the most surreal moments at the movies!

That's true. I didn't even realize it was rated pg-13. So the Joker ran in the theater? That would kind of creep me out a little, hahaha!

Yeah!

It was one of the employees, and it looked exactly like the one in the movie.

Down to the suit and all!

People were talking about it all through the next preview!

I saw it on IMAX at the Anaheim GardenWalk. It's the first movie to open the new theater and it sure was a hassle to see the movie. They cut the trailers to get straight to the movie and everyone was pissed.

Anyways, the movie was amazing. Nothing more or less than that.

I've seen The Dark Knight twice now (First time ever seeing something twice in theaters), once at midnight, and once Friday night. It blew me away. I never had an interest in Batman so didn't know any of the plot but the movie was still excellent. Heath played The Joker astonishingly. That's really the only way to say it.

The Mist : 9/10

Great suspense movie. I especially like the 'end of the world lady' storyline.

Do you mean Stephen King's The Mist? You really liked it that much? I thought it was ok. It felt like a "made for tv" movie.

Yep, that's the one.

What can I say, I really liked it. Maybe it was because we saw this movie yesterday in the middle of the night that we thought it was so creepy, but I really liked the general atmosphere of this movie.

It was a good movie. The end made me depressed but at least it wasn't all fairytale and fake. I don't want to give the ending away to anyone who doesn't want to know but I actually said it would suck for the lead guy if it ended that way.

Yeah, absolutely.

Yesterday we saw Shoot 'em up : 6/10

There was a LOT of shooting in the movie and that's more or less the only interesting happeing in this movie.

The Dark Knight 4.8/5.0

Excellent movie. Definitely the best of any of the Batman movies, new or old. It's probably in my top 2 or 3 for the year, though I'm not sure if I like Wanted or The Dark Knight better. Still, it's a must see on the big screen!!!.

I am not a Batman fan even though I did enjoy the original and Returns but with Batman Begins and now the Dark Knight I must say that I look forward to any further films that Nolan and this cast puts out. The Dark Knight was near perfection for an action film IMHO and even could stand alone without any Batman theme and still be 100% enjoyable.

I still say Snow Angels is my favorite film of the year so far but this is pretty darn close!!!

World Trade Center

10/10

I meant to see this movie when it came out, but I saw it recently and it blew me away. Every one of the characters seemed to be more developed to the point where I couldn't really tell who the story was about (even though you know from the plot). The acting was incredible. While it is a sad story, the story of World Trade Center is not a somber one. It is a story of survival. I recommend it to anyone.

United 93

10/10

I also saw United 93 today and it made my stomach go in knots. You forget that these are actors and you think to yourself (wow, every one of these people are dead now). I had to remind myself that these are only actors. The emotions are so real, you feel like you're actually there. The camera work was also very good. I also recommend this to anybody, but it's a bit more gut-wrenching than World Trade Center.

The Ruins -- 8/10

I just watched The Ruins, and was surprised by how good it was! Before I saw the film, I just knew that it had something to do with killer vines. I thought it was very well done, and reminded me of the film Cabin Fever without the humor and the movie references. There were a few decisions made by the characters in the movie that annoyed me though. Thoughts like, "Why don't you burn the plants with the alcohol and the fire that you have?" "Why is the poor guy still laying near the vines?" "Throw the bushes at the guys who are quarantining you!" popped into my head. All in all though, I still thought The Ruins was a decent watch. Finally, another well-made horror film.

TheRuins_02_1280x1024.jpg.da4524121b0d3279774ee200bd197370.jpg

^ I plan to buy that movie after I read the book...I have the book but I'm reading Stephen King's IT first. It looks really good and people say that it's awesome.

Chicago - 8/10

I thought this movie was really good...Cell Block Tango is one of the best parts and the film was creative and symbolic.

I've been wanting to buy The Mist for a while but the price seems to be...determined.