TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movies, Movies, Movies.....

robbalvey

Indy 4

9.5/10

I loved the movie. It was everything I was hoping for and more. It's a must see for any action adventure fan.

I thought they wrapped up the series very well. I just don't see where they could go from here, and to tell you the truth I'm not sure if I would want them to. Oh and I did appreciate them answering a question I've had for 25 years at the beginning of the movie. If you've seen the movie, you'll know what I'm talking about. Overall, it did have some minor flaws, but what movie doesn't. In the end it's just a fun adventure film not to be taken seriously, and that's just the way I like it.

Indiana Jones is and always will be my favorite movie character of all time. ...so from the bottom of my heart I just want to say, thanks for one hell of a ride Dr. Jones.

Indy 4 - Didn't go in with any expectations and I enjoyed it, though I wasn't completely blown away. I generally don't like CGI but at least they weren't lazy and seemed to do a lot fo stuff live action that would have been CGI in other movies. On the whole a good adventure. 8/10

[spolier]

UGH. I thought I was going to see E.T. pop out somewhere. What a horrible, horrible ending. I'd like to have had more real stunts (even if Ford can't do them himself), less CGI. Indy + Aliens (and no thats not a spoiler, its pretty clear where it is going in the first 15 minutes, unfortunately) = 6/10.

-GG

edit: added spoiler tag, after reading some other posts mentioning plot twists (I dont recall any plot twists at all, alas) Ill be a bit more considerate in the future.

Given the subject matter of the previous films, I think an ending like Kingdom had was inevitable sooner or later in the series. While I don't think it is the BEST they could have come up with, I'm not writing the film off because of it. And I'm still more pumped than ever to do Indiana Jones at DLP come July!

And from what I hear, MOST of the stunts were real, weren't they? *shrug*

Considering the hype and time since the last one, I don't think it's possible for EVERYONE to be 100% happy with the new film but most people seem to really like it on the whole.

I'll wait until I've seen it a few more times before deciding quite where to rank it but find it's good for a Saturday matinee-style popcorn flick which is all Spielberg has ever wanted Indy to be.

*****SPIOLER ALERT*****

Ok...I just forked out $30 to see this with my parents.

to be honest this movie was bull sh*t. Aliens... WHAT THE F**K WERE THEY THINKING!!! OMG....just....just...god.

oh if you were thinking that Marion Had a big role in it...she doesn't, she had like 4 lines.

This is why you dont wait 19 F**King years to make a sequel.

3/10....i want my money back.

^ I still think you should remove your mention of the twist. We DO have a spoiler tag you know.

Twist? You arrive at Area 51 in the first five minutes of the film. How is that theme a twist?

-GG

EDIT: Added spoiler tag to original post, Ive read other people talk about this as a 'twist', I just don't see how personally. The foreshadowing is let on so hard in the first 15 minutes everything else is expected.

Everyone else has managed to put a spoiler warning down though. Doesn't take much trouble. I'm not flaming you, I just think it's something you should add.

*SPOILER*

Anyway, who'd expect the film to have an ending like that? Even when you take the opening scene into account, sometimes things are put in as red herrings & this is Indiana Jones we're talking about, not Close Encounters of the Third Kind 2: The Aliens Strike Back!

*END SPOILERS*

Marion also needed a bigger part and I wish they'd kept the original concept of having Willie Scott, Sallah and Short Round at the end.

So far from everyone I personally know who has seen the movie there have been no negatives at all regarding the newest IJ series.

Next on my list The Strangers (looks as good as Them (Ills) , American Teen, Hallam Foe(Mister Foe in the US), The Happenning (even though the scenes look awful and OMG that horrible stupid ending), Xfiles, and Dark Knight. Maybe Hancock since I love Jason Bateman after Arrested Development.

On DVD we cannot forget the amazing Funny Games US and Charlee Bartlett.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

6.5/10

I finally got a chance to see this film, and although I enjoyed it, I was somewhat disappointed. On the negative side, I found some of the situations way too silly, even for an Indiana Jones movie. (The beginning sequence, for example, the ending... and the whole spiel with the monkey's! Laughable, but not in the good way.) On the positive side though, I thought the action was incredible! I loved the Jeep chase, and the killer ants! Marion, who didn't have a big part in the film, was great to see again back on screen. Also, Harrison Ford (even though he's pushing 70, he's still got it in him!) rocked as Indiana. I loved his performance! Overall, however, I think this was probably the weakest Indiana Jones film in the series but I still dug watching it. George Lucas is losing his touch!

Recommended, but only if you're a fan of the series because it might seem a bit silly otherwise!

Watched ps i love you.. movie was very sad but it was really cute.. A real tear jerker, dont watch it alone lol.. 9/10
PS I Love You was fantastic, it had a lot of charm & loved those scenes in the Irish countryside. Definitely want to read the original novel. I have 3 of the movie's songs in my iTunes library too - Fairytale of New York (Pogues), Galway Girl (Mundy) and 'Lloyd, I'm Ready To Be Heart-Broken' (Camera Obscura, awesome band). Recommended... songs 8, movie 8.5

The Others - 9/10

Nicole Kidman was great in this movie and it was effective. The ending wasn't shocking if you already saw the Sixth Sense.

A Tale of Two Sisters - 9.5/10

This was a VERY good movie. The end was really sad and there were a bunch of scary parts. I liked it.

I'm pissed that they're making a remake of this though.

2008 = MANY REMAKES =

Iron Man - 9/10

It was pretty good. The ending wasn't AMAZING but a little funny.

I'm going to see Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull and The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian soon. I read Prince Caspian as well as the first three books in the Narnia series.

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - 8.5/10

Very good. I haven't actually seen the first three, so I have absolutely no room for judgement from the past. I can tell you, however, that I thought this was a fantastic movie. The scene with the siafu (those freakin' huge ants) was awesome, and the chase through the jungle was super-actiony. The only thing I didn't like about it was the ending. It seemed a little weird to me, but I'm not giving anything away. Just go see it. But not more than once or twice.

Now I'm waiting for the 5th one!

^ I think this movie will do well commercially because it doesn't just rely on die-hard fans who will see it anyway but people curious to see their first Indy movie. So I think a 5th one will definitely happen.

EDIT: Indeed it is doing great at the box office. Apparently the movie has had the biggest opening ever for both Spielberg & Paramount - a worldwide gross of $311.1 million.

SPOILERS!!!!

They've said that Indy could always fulfill the role Sean Connery served as the father figure to Mutt. So he'd still be a big part of the movie but not doing absolutely everything. I take the bit with the hat though to show that, yes, we would get another movie with Indy wincing his way through every bone-hammering fall, punch and explosion but CGI would just play a bigger part than physical stuntwork if necessary.

END OF SPOILERS!!!!

I bought the Burger King toys off eBay, one has arrived already & it's quite good quality. Disappointingly the Australian BK equivalent Hungry Jacks aren't doing a promotion.

For future movies, I'd love to see a movie set in the Orient and am also sure they'd take him to Russia at some point. Seems logical given they had him in Germany rubbing shoulders with Hitler in Last Crusade.

I was slightly disappointed in Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of Crystal Skull.

It was all going well, when they decided to bring in an alien space ship...

I've watched ace venturas 1 and 2 and they had me in stitches the whole way through! Especially the second one!

"Be carefull with that phone lutenant, in time you could develop a tumor"

"If i'm not back in 5 minutes, just wait longer!"

HAHAHAHA.

Seriously just watch it. NOW.

^ True although they're more rooted in archaeology than aliens. That said, I don't think the ending is anywhere near as bad as people are making it out to be.

Today I'm going to watch an old favourite -- Cabaret. Set in pre-war Germany, the movie version starred a pre-tragic Liza Minnelli as a nightclub singer. I'll be seeing a live production of it in 2 weeks in London which will be great (apparently there are considerable differences).

Shouldn't be a problem with you and your beliefs. After all, the world ends in 2012.

When did I ever say I believed in aliens? God has nothing to do with aliens...