TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movies, Movies, Movies.....

robbalvey

Went to a sneak peek of Forgetting Sarah Marshall last night. Another great Apatow movie. It was really funny. I would put it up there along the lines of 40-Year Old Virgin, Knocked Up.

WARNING!! Do not take your kids to this movie!! There is definitely some stuff the kids should not see, and the language is on par with all the other Apatow movies. Its rated "R" for a reason.

Cloverfield 8/10

We saw this way of filming before in eg. Blair Witch Project but I like that movie too. Cloverfield would get a 10/10 if the story would have been better. Although the story was ok, it is a very thin storyline. The special effects were ok too but quite rare.

Requiem for a Dream - 10/10

Marion and Harry high on drugs. Just an example of the excellent

cinematography in the movie made by director Darren Aronofsky.

Wow. Film making at it's best. Haven't seen such a powerful movie in a very long time. Not necessarily a 'horror' film, but it does deal with one of societies biggest horrors: addiction. Harry, Marion, Sara and Tyrone are all good people, but their addiction to drugs sends them spiraling down into the path of oblivion. There were times when I literally had to close my eyes from what was being shown on screen, because of how brutal and real it was. We always think that drugs will never have this kind of affect on us, but you never know what could happen (as shown in this film). After I watched this movie, I felt like I had just lost 4 good friends... I was so depressed! It's been a day since I've seen it, and I still think about it. Not many movies do that for me. Highly recommended, but not for anyone under 18 (rated R for a REASON).

Dancer In The Dark

11/10

Though I've seen this movie tons of times I can't get enough of it.

It's one of thee most beautiful/saddest movies I've seen so far. The cinematography is stunning! It's one of the saddest movies I've ever seen. I'm a mess at the end every time I watch it. It's on the same level of greatness as Amelie, artisticly speaking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SssA39wnS5k

Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street - 10/10

Just utterly FASCINATING. The music, story, effects, and jokes were all amazing! What happens at the end was pretty unexpected. Alan Rickman's singing skills were better than I thought when he sang with Johnny Depp. Everyone at school is all "BLEH, it's a musical, it's gay...!" but it's SO good. It really deserved that Best Picture award. This is now my current favorite movie.

Expelled 9/10

So far, this is the only documentary to not bore the crap out of me. The way Ben Stein presents the information in this movie is not like most documentaries. He gives the information a certain way, where he does not show his own personal belief, but he provides the info to make a friendly debate. Oh, and the Ferris Bueller comment at the end was classic.

---Brent

I just finished watching Cloverfield... for the second time.

First of all, this movie is absolutely amazing. I hear all these people bashing it because of it's 'unrealistic' stuff like the camera's battery, but you don't focus on those unless you're really thinking about it. I've never been a fan of scary movies, so this was my first one, and let's just say it scared the crap out of me. I believe the story was told very well, with the fact that you know exactly as much as the characters do. Overall, I love it, besides some minor issues such as the first 20 freakin' minutes being an absolute bore-fest.

OVERALL SCORE:

9/10

Iron Man

So today in Singapore, the movie is released and the whole Singapore movie business was like booming. The film is completely full-house today. After watching the movie I'll rate it...

9.5/10

Almost perfect! The movie has the same degree just like Spider-Man 6 years ago. It sets a new high for a movie in its genre. And just like the critics, Robert Downey Jr. is surprisingly a delight to have in the movie. Overall, the movie is entertaining, extravagant and extremely satisfying. Absolutely the best superhero movie I've ever seen!

What I don't like is that the ending is making me craving for more since the ending is somewhat like, "OMG, he did that!" But then I quickly catch the meaning, "Thank God, there will be a sequel for this great movie,"

Iron Man

Went to the midnight showing with a few of my friends and I was pleasantly impressed.

I'll admit, I haven't even heard of Iron Man before this film, and if you have not heard of him, the movie does a good job detailing the background of the main character Tony Stark. I was surprised at the amount of humor in this film (then again, I guess it was the audience I was with) and Robert Downey Jr. giving a great performance.

Probably one of the best superhero movies ever made. Also, I can't wait for Indy IV and The Dark Knight.

9/10.

Iron Man

9/10

I have to agree with the guys above, this movie was very well done. It's in the same league as the early Superman movies, Spiderman, and the first and last Batman movies. This could be the start of a very good year for superhero movies.