TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movies, Movies, Movies.....

robbalvey

One Missed Call: Rating 8/10

I've seen the Japanese originals "Chakushin Ari 1 & 2" (One Missed Call 1 & 2) and while they both were pretty good, I like the American remake better. I will say though that the American version does has it's pros and cons. For example, you can basically sometimes predict whats coming next...that didn't surprise me as this seems to be the repeated formula used for these "Horror Movies of The Millennium". With that said, some parts are in your face, loud and can catch you off guard...making you jump a little. I'm sure this movie will be bashed by critics as most remakes are lol

Cloverfield: Rating 9/10

When I first saw the commercial for this movie, I kept thinking that this looks like another "End all"" disaster film (The Day After Tomorrow, Volcano, Dante's Peak)... But after watching the movie, I was somewhat wrong as there was a disaster...just that nature had nothing to do with this one lol... They used a very interesting approach with the way they filmed this movie and I think that will make up for the sometimes "All over the place" plot.

It was announced today that the fantastic film The Mist will be released on DVD March 25. The two disc DVD will have both a color and black-and-white edition of the film.

Thanks for the heads up, I really enjoyed that movie.

Well, I went to see Cloverfield for a second time and enjoyed it even more this time around. ...maybe the shaky camera is growing on me. 8.5/10

The Bucket List 7/10

Meh, it was better than I thought it would be. Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman did superb acting roles, defenitly the best I've seen for a while. My parents kept raving about how good it was, and it was slightly more redeeming than I thought it would be. So yeah, if you have a free pass, go use it on this movie, because if you pay, I don't think it would be worth it still.

---Brent

Saw IV was the last movie I watched (Yeah, I know I'm very behind! Germany gets movies much later over here! As does the rest of Europe!) It was entertaining, but it's just another example of movie studios wanting to milk as much money as they can from an already dead franchise.

^ I just saw Saw IV the other night too... laughed out loud during the forensic impromptu skewer scene (I think it was meant to be shocking but I found it some good funny).

I also saw White Noise 2. Thought it was rather good. I must have been in a mood because I think I jumped about 3 times during the course of the movie.. or the director was able to set up some good scares. Much better than the first White Noise IMO.

Funny Games 2008 has perfect casting for an image remake of the 97 version. The new red banded trailer shows how perfect Michael Pitt actually is for the role.

Have you seen other Michael Heneke films? Cache was fairly unique (I think Ron Howard is doing a US remake) and Time of the Wolf was just amazing!

Here's some interesting movie news.

Platinum Dunes partners Michael Bay, Brad Fuller and Andrew Form have been set by New Line to re-launch Freddy Krueger, the iconic psycho who haunts the subconscious dreams of teenagers and kills them in their sleep, reports Variety.

The trio will create a new franchise based on A Nightmare on Elm Street, the 1984 Wes Craven film. Originally played by Robert Englund, Krueger haunted nine films and two TV series.

Link

I'm excited to see them re-imagine Freddy Krueger as long as Rob Zombie is not involved. I was never really into Freddy films until the HHN house this year which actually scared me.

I more excited about this news:

ShockTillYouDrop.com reports that Variety erroneously stated Cloverfield star Odette Yustman (pictured left) will appear in Friday the 13th. The site has confirmed the actress is instead appearing in David S. Goyer's untitled psychological thriller at Platinum Dunes.

Odette Yustman!!!

Death Sentence: Rating 10/10

So this has been on DVD for a little over 2-3 weeks and I had forgot all about it when it was in theaters....So I decide to pick it up. This movie is crazy good. I mean it was awesome, just as good as "The Brave One", if not better! I have to say that this would be the only movie that I like by Kevin Bacon. The plot is basically one day, while he was in a gas station. "Bacon's" son was in the gas station convince store when some gang targeted it for an initiation killing. The gang's youngest recruit Killed "Bacon's" son in order to become a member, setting off a crazy chain of events that along the way causes trouble for "Bacon", his wife and younger son. Some incredible fight/shooting scenes follow throughout the movie ending on somewhat of a sad note.....DVD well worth the money!