TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movies, Movies, Movies.....

robbalvey

Why say sorry, I hated Cloverfield found it to be a big pile of crap. But if you loved it and the movie worked for you, you should never have to say sorry that you liked it.

The world would be a boring place if everyone loved the same thing, and you should never have to say sorry!!

CLOVERFIELD Movie Review

This will be hard to do without spoiling so i will just try not to.

Ok first off, AWESOME MOVIE.Now, the way the movie is filmed is what makes it stand out so much. I love the fact that instead of using a stand and making the angles perfect its just raw and uncut footage from the actors perspective. It makes use of a bunch of great horror elements and is one of the very few horror movies that actually has some funny moments. The animations are ASTOUNDING. Almost as good as Star Wars and The Lord Of The Rings. Although very gritty at times it is a great movie that i really enjoyed watching. My one complaint is that (SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!) They really didn't keep the secret of what it looks like very long.(END SPOILER). I tried but if you did read it, i hope i didn't ruin anything for you. In fact, why are you still reading this? GET UP AND GO SEE IT! If you don't like it, fine, But try it and you probably will love it!

My Final Rating: 4.9/5

^ I agree with you. It's just sometimes it's hard to say you enjoyed something amongst all the negativity because you're afraid you may look like someone with bad taste. For instance, I was basically the only person in my circle of friends to enjoy Spider-man 3 lol

When it comes to Cloverfield, I think you're in the majority. From the reviews I've read it's been much more positive than negative toward the movie. I'm actually in between on this, the monster and concept is cool, but the shaky camera is a little much for my liking. ...but it's still a pretty good movie I guess.

^ I work for an AMC. Several people have thrown up at my theater as well while watching Cloverfield; there is now a sign up at box warning people about it. I saw it the other day, and I have mixed feelings about it. I'm going to save my opinions of it for the review I have to write for my school newspaper, but maybe I'll post that later when I'm done with it.

^ Haha, we had some people complain about Across The Universe being a musical, but not Sweeney Todd. As far as I know, three people have thrown up watching Cloverfield so far. Whenver that happens, they just throw cat litter on it. Thankfully though, I'm usually not an usher, so I really don't have to worry about it.

I've seen two movies in the last two days. First Cloverfield (9/10) I absoulutely loved almost every aspect of the film. First, no one can deny the effects were amazing. The sound was also very intense and made you shake in your seat. I thought the acting was really and I felt for EVERY character. The monster was awesome in my opinion, especially the parasites. I also saw 27 Dresses. My sister wanted me to see this so I said what the heck, and it was cool I guess, just not something I enjoy tons. It was also kind of sad (7/10)

I Am Legend:

I dunno about this film. It was very predictable what was going to happen next, but it still was an alright film. I thought Will Smith did very well in his role, however I didn't like the person who played the woman that finds him.

I worked out what had happened pretty quickly during the movie, although for some people, I'm sure it may have been confusing, with the lack of solid explanation until around midway through the movie. However I did enjoy the way that everything did get explained. Rather than a narration towards the start of the movie which usually goes along the lines of: "My name is _____. Blah Blah Blah happened to my city. This is my story", it was very well pieced through a mix of nightmares and the one recording he made that he put on the radio.

The ending was kind of bad, I thought. The fact that he randomly thought of human blood to be the answer was unsatisfactory, and how he basically suicide bombed the zombies was not a great way to end either (surely, one grenade wouldn't have taken thousands out at once) although i know that the movie is based on a novel, so i guess they probably couldn't have changed the outcome. But still, I think the ending was a bit dodgy.

Overall, I guess I would rate it a 6.8/10.

I want to know... what's the scariest movie you have ever seen?

And if we want to expand... what's the funniest, saddest, creepiest etc. movies ever??

I haven't seen very many movies that actually scared me... but Event Horizon was pretty good. Depends on who you ask though, but it kept us on edge.

I jsut saw Rudy today at school and I really enjoyed it. Its kinda like the Persuit of Happiness, "Don't let anybody tell you, you can't do something". Its a good movie. I suggest you watch it. Its about Notre Dame too!

I was an extra in this movie way back in 1992! Though any scenes I was in hit the cutting room floor, I got to meet Vince Vaughn VERY early in his career, which was cool. It was election day the day we shot a scene at a local pub. He and I spent some time talking politics, which I don't do often. But who's gonna pass up that chance?! Though my proudest moment of the day was when Sean Astin bent over to tie his shoe and his butt touched my leg! I've been touched by a hobbit! Come to think of it, his feet did look kinda hairy - huh.