TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movies, Movies, Movies.....

robbalvey

Transformers-

I'm not really into that kind of stuff, but I went to see this movie anyways (I was forced to go because my sister saw it with her boyfriend and a couple friends). I came out very surprised, it was WAAAY better than I thought it would be. Cool scenes, really funny, etc. etc. 10/10

I just saw the cloverfield trailer online. A friend of mine thinks it could be a giant squid looking at it. When they are running back into the building it kind of looks like to tentacles in the background. I personally hope its not a squid though. Here is a link to the preview. I figured I would post it since we are all talking about this mysterious movie. The quality isn't the best because its taken in the theater. Anyways here you go.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3110348964884569208&q=cloverfield+trailer&total=9&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=3

As far as OOTP goes, Rowling repeatedly refers to Umbridge as "toad like" and I think her physical appearence contributes to the repulsiveness of her character. When I first say Imelda Staunton in costume I thought of someone's sweet little Aunt Sally or something (complete with the pink cardigan) so it's good to know she's appropriately repulsive. Apparently David Yates (OOTP director) is coming back for Half Blood Prince too.

I just saw the cloverfield trailer online. A friend of mine thinks it could be a giant squid looking at it. When they are running back into the building it kind of looks like to tentacles in the background. I personally hope its not a squid though. Here is a link to the preview. I figured I would post it since we are all talking about this mysterious movie. The quality isn't the best because its taken in the theater. Anyways here you go.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3110348964884569208&q=cloverfield+trailer&total=9&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=3

It seems Paramount is trying to remove all the videos showing the teaser.

Some sources on the internet are reporting that the film is being shot for only around 30 million dollars. ...and that it may be shot entirely with a handheld home video camera, essentially like Blair Witch meets Godzilla. ...and even the casting for the movie was very mysterious. No scripts or scene pages were sent out, agents who were contacted were simply asked if their client wanted to be in the movie or not. Very weird.

Of course, people are throwing out idea as to what it could be. A few ideas mentioned have been Godzilla, Voltron, and a "Lost" movie. While I think that those are doubtful, there was one mentioned that intrigued me. ...and that was Cthulhu (H.P. Lovecraft), but I sure that's just wishful thinking. Anyway, that's a few bits of information that I found, but who knows if any of it is true.

Man, do I love all the mystery surrounding this movie.

I saw 1408 today, and here's what I have to say:

OMG that was freaky.

It was very mysterious and made you jump a lot, not too much blood, and really misleading. You never know what's coming up next, and it creeped me out every time. I liked it.

However, there were times where I felt offended as a Christain (use of GD, the main character called God a lie).

Overall: recommended. 8/10

As with many Michel Moore films, SiCKO has some, (but very few) exaggerated parts, but the film shows how far we are from fair, and equal treatment.

oh PLEASE. Everyone has the ability to buy insuarance if they want to. Just becasue some people don't work hard enough in school to get a job to afford it doesn't mean they are treated unfairly.

Think about how biased this movie really is. He's not going out and picking random people. He is SEARCHING for storeies that will fit his own personal agenda.

I would rather have the people who work hard get good medical attention than everybody in the country get delayed, crappy service like somthing a universal healthcare system (somthing that moore seems to be a supporter of) would deliver.

IMO, Moore's documentary are like thesis papers. He picks a thesis and he builds a bunch of information around that. And like all thesis papers, you don't really show the other side of the argument because you are trying to get your point across as to why something happened a certain way. I don't really have much of a problem with Moore's documentary so long as people understand that they are only getting one side of the information and not a documentary which shows you both sides and let you yourself form your own opinion. Everyone who goes into Sicko will likely already have Moore's opinion on the subject matter or they are curious about it.

It seems Paramount is trying to remove all the videos showing the teaser.

Some sources on the internet are reporting that the film is being shot for only around 30 million dollars. ...and that it may be shot entirely with a handheld home video camera, essentially like Blair Witch meets Godzilla. ...and even the casting for the movie was very mysterious. No scripts or scene pages were sent out, agents who were contacted were simply asked if their client wanted to be in the movie or not. Very weird.

Of course, people are throwing out idea as to what it could be. A few ideas mentioned have been Godzilla, Voltron, and a "Lost" movie. While I think that those are doubtful, there was one mentioned that intrigued me. ...and that was Cthulhu (H.P. Lovecraft), but I sure that's just wishful thinking. Anyway, that's a few bits of information that I found, but who knows if any of it is true.

Man, do I love all the mystery surrounding this movie.

Does not surprise me they took it down already. There were a couple of them on youtube, and they didn't last very long at all. I have no idea where to get one now. My suggestion for those who have not seen it is to go see Transformers. Its an awesome movie anyways.

I just saw Transformers. And WOW! This movie is the best movie of the year. The action never let up, and just kept building up and up to more intense action. The storyline is incredible, the best mixture of comedy and action/terror in my opinion EVER. This movie is my favorite movie of all time now, and I can't wait to buy the DVD.

Rating I would give is 10/10 and recommend it to EVERYONE!

The 1-18-08 trailer made me sooo excited. The POV filming looks like it will add so much to the movie, and the effects look so good. I can't wait to see it.

Transformer ended with me questioning a sequel or perhaps a trilogy. Well it looks like trilogy was the answer to my questioning....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transformers_2007

Scroll down.....The actors/actresses have already signed for parts 2 and 3.

On May 30, 2007, Dreamworks greenlit two sequels to Transformers, and Shia LaBeouf, Megan Fox and Peter Cullen signed on to return. Producer Tom DeSanto has envisioned a storyline introducing the Dinobots, the Constructicons, and Soundwave. Writers Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman may not return, as "Star Trek... is taking up kind of all of our time." Michael Bay has not signed on, "trying to keep some leverage for the negotiations", but already has ideas, including an aircraft carrier character.

^ How are they going to bring the Construticons into the sequel? They already used Devestator's name for the tank in the first one. What the heck would they name the giant robot that the Contructicons form?

I think bringing in the Dinobots and Soundwave is a must though. Does this mean they are going to bring in Blaster too? I also heard a rumor that they are going to use Astrotrain in the second one, and try to bring in Unicron in some kind of way.

Pan's Labyrinth-9.5/10

My friend recommended this movie to me and I decided to give it a shot. It was nominated for many Academy Awards, and won Best Cinematography, Best Art Direction, and Best Makeup. All I can say is this movie is amazing. If you haven't see it go rent it/buy it now, by far one of the best movies made in a long time. I wont give too many specifics about to movie to give it away for anyone but i will say a few things about it. The director, Guillermo Del Toro, is a genus. The casting is perfect and the costumes are amazing. The only downside to the movie (for me, could be a plus for some people) was the sub-titles. While the Spanish language in the movie is great, the subtitles do get annoying in any movie. Overall 9.5/10, absolutely amazing movie.

Just got back from Harry Potter. I'll give it a 9/10. It was really awesome, but I just felt disconnected with it. The whole feeling of going to school at Hogwarts is lost, but the parts that were more played out were awesome.

Luna Lovegood and Dolores Umbridge were both excellently played characters. The special effects were also very good. I'd like to watch it a second time to get a better opinion on it, but all in all it was very good.

-Nick

Recent movies I have seen:

Bug: 5/10

Performances were great, just didn't think the movie overall was great.

Knocked Up: 8/10

I had quite few laughs.

Transformers: 5/10 Special Effects: 10/10

Being an 80's child and playing with all the toys, I thought the movie was just ok. It's probally just me, I guess don't hold Transformers as high up as when I was a kid.

Hairspray: 10/10

Got to see a sneak peak last weekend. I'm not the biggest musical fan, but Hairspray was so much fun! It has been a long time since I have been to a movie were you are on a high leaving. Had great music, performances and a great message about tolerance. And go just to see John Travolta, he did a lot better than I thought he would. So far this has been the best movie I have seen this summer.

Since my last post I have seen Transformers, Harry Potter, and (at the dollar movies) Are We Done Yet?

Transformers: 9.5/10, It was very entertaining!

Harry Potter: as far as entertainment goes 10/10, but Warner Bros. 2 and a half hour time limit made it less faithful than ot should have been to the book, so BOOK Faith: 6/10...

Are We Done Yet? 5/10...

It's summer vacation and I watched a lot of movies. So far...

Die Hard 4.0

It's the best action "low-budget" action movie so far. The story is clever and the stunt is amazing too. The story is complex, yet really easy to follow if you concentrate. Justin Long plays good too. I think he's kind of more grown-up here than in Accepted. 8/10

Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer

The predecessor itself isn't that good. Now the sequel? I don't like it that much. But the Silver Surfer really does give the movie more value to watch. But still... 5/10

Transformers

Absolutely pure AMAZING and SUPERB! The visual effect is way beyond my expectation. The robots are amazing and the story really blends well. You get all of them! Comedy, drama, action, etc! This is the most enjoyable blockbuster yet so far in my opinion. 9/10

Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix

This movie has lost the magic from the previous 4 movies. But I don't know. The movie still works for me. It keeps me looking at the screen. The story is really god and the visual effect is amazing too. Evanna Lynch as Luna Lovegood does a great job. I'm quite sure she'll be as successful as Emma Watson! 8/10

The Last Mimzy

Although the movie is science-fiction, this movie is basically tells the story about the relationship about the kids with their family when a strange even strikes them. It shows how the kids struggle way beyond their parents' imagination to find out what do they have to do with the toys. 6/10

The Illusionist

One word: COOL! Much better than The Prestige. The twist at the end is a pure work too. I didn't expect that! O yeah, the illusions are the coolest part of the movie. 9/10

Adrift

Yeah, it's kind of stupid. They actually hurt themselves. There are no jellyfishes, sharks and those things. 3/10

Volver

Being so much anticipated for this movie, I was quite disappointed. The movie almost nothing like a "telenovela". Some good laughs keep me watching it but otherwise, nothing. 6/10

I saw Harry Potter 5 the other day and thought it was very good, but not the best. 9/10.

My top 5 for the year:

1a. Transformers -9.5/10

1b. Die Hard 4 - 9.5/10

3a. Pirates 3 - 9.0/10

3b. Spiderman 3 - 9.0/10

3c. Harry Potter 5 - 9.0/10

...not sure if there's another movie this summer that will crack my top 5, but I guess we'll see.

Rented two movies at Blockbuster last night:

The Last King of Scotland- Wasn't the best movie ever, but it had really good acting. I can easily see how Forest Whitaker got best actor at the Academy Awards last year. 8/10

The Confederate States of America- Well I saw this movie on a rack, in the new releases section, because someone probably to put it back, but I'm glad they did. I didn't expect the movie to be funny, but it was, espescially during the commercials they run, as the movie is set to be like a TV special. 9.5/10