TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movies, Movies, Movies.....

robbalvey

Just got back from seeing March of the Penguins.

First off though, let me rant a bit. Why do people have to talk during movies??? We had this Mom and 2 boys behind us (ages probably around 7 and 5) that were CONSTANTLY talking and kicking Kristi's chair. I moved and you think they would have gotten the hint. Kristi ended up moving not soon after. It was totally ridiculous.

As for the movie:

It was totally awesome!!! GO SEE THIS MOVIE!!! I know it's a National Geographic movie, but the things that these amazing animals go through every year is just amazing. Morgan Freeman's narration is simply awesome.

Why are you still reading this? GO ... NOW!!!

Man of the House

We rented it from Netflix basically because there was nothing else new to rent.

I actually enjoyed the movie. It wasn't the funniest or the most high-brow movie ever, but Tommy Lee Jones was actually funny. I don't think it's something I need to ever see again, but it's worth a Netflix rental if nothing else.

The Nightmare Before Christmas

I bought the Dvd recently and I thought I would give it a watch yesterday. It had been quite a long time since I had seen this movie and I was still impressed by it. While the story was pretty short the animation was phenominal! A very good family movie that won't put the older people in the audience to sleep

I just saw Stealth and it really sucked! It was really, REALLY un realistic and being a pilot myself, they really messed up with the combonation of the airplanes. The only thing that made the movie good was both Jessic beil being in it and the last line of the movie. Besides that, the rest was horrible.

Colin C

Saw Dukes of Hazzard. Absolutely Hilarious.

Stunt Driving was amazing, and well I think Jessica Simpson is a hoochie. I just don't like woman playing stupid.

All I am saying is it was hilarious to see Willie Nelson throwing redneck bombs.

This is a must see. Even if the plot sucks, the entire movie is completely redneck and hilarious.

Katie

I saw Dukes of Hazzard last night.

I LOVED it! I dont know if it was the movie, or the fact I was with my boy friend.

But the reason I LOVED the movie was because it never really had a dull moment, no sad, slow, crying moments like in most movies.

Jessica Simpson, I liked her roll, I think I like her being a kick ass girl rather than being a ditz.

I saw Rebel Without a Cause for the first time several months ago on a Spanish channel and I loved it. I just recently bought the special edition DVD, but I have to admit that I prefer the Spanish-dubbed version (which isn't an option on the DVD). Hearing James Dean's real voice is almost comical compared to his deep, rugged Spanish voice.

Ok, it's been a while since I have posted about what movies I have seen so I will now review some movies I have seen this summer and spring and movies I can't wait to see. (Most of them don't come out till 06')

Star Wars III: It was good, but not great like everyone is saying.

Madagascar: I liked this movie, it was a bit short, but it had some really good parts. The penguins were sooo funny!

Batman Begins: Best Batman ever! nuff said!

War of the Worlds: It was ok in my opinion, not as good as Batman, but better then Star Wars!

CATCF: This was really good, Jonny Depp does it again! He did great in POTC:COTBP and Finding Neverland,now this. "MUMBLER!"

Movies I want to see are

Corspe Bride By Tim Burton

X Men 3

Spiderman 3

The movie I want to see the most is

comming fall 06'

Bubba the Redneck Werewolf!

This is NOT a joke! This movie is based off of a comic.

"The Hudsucker Proxy"

"The Hudsucker Proxy" is perhaps the Coen Brothers silliest film, and also may be their most underrated. Although the structure of the plot is fairly straightfoward as far as Coen movies go, drawing a lot from "Mr. Deeds Goes to Town", the dialogue and character interactions are absolute madness. It's just as clever and maybe more bizarre than anything the Coens have ever done. Tim Robbins does an excellent job, although I am not sure he was the best choice for the role, but Jennifer Jason Leigh unexpectedly steals the movie, and is captivating to watch from beginning to end. Some of the best material in the movie comes from the smaller parts, such as Bruce Campbell as a newspaper reporter, Bill Cobbs as Moses the clock man, and Jim True-Frost as Buzz the elevator operator. For some reason this film slipped under the rader, and tends to get pushed aside by the rest of the Coens' impressive repertoire, but this movie is not one to be missed.

3.5 stars (out of 4)

Sin City:

I just got it today, I got the PSP version for now for school. I saw this movie in theaters and loved it. Man this movie should at least get one Oscar, Cinematography, it's beautifully filmed. I suggest this for anyone at least 15 and over.

-Cal

^ Looking forward to watching that over the weekend. Got it from Netflix today.

Today we watched "Because of Winn-Dixie".

It was really cute. Had a good story and, from what Amanda told me, is pretty close to the book. The little girl in the movie is the same girl who plays Violet in "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory". She was good in this. She was so sweet and innocent in this, but so mean in Charlie.

Dave Matthews made a pretty decent acting debut as well.

4.75 / 5.00

"Me and You and Everyone We Know"

There's quirky, and then there is outright weird. I would have to place "Me and You and Everyone We Know" into the latter category. It's yet another indie drama that no one will ever see, and it is also the most original film I have seen this year. Miranda July is certainly someone to watch for in the future, as she writes, directs, and plays the lead female role in "Me and You". The film is a character study on a wide range of characters, ranging from young children to the elderly, depicting how their relationships connect with each other. It is thought provoking, touching, and incredily funny as well. The movie certainly has its flaws, though, as I felt the 90 minute running time did not allow the many characters to be fully developed. At times I had that feeling in the back of my mind that perhaps July was being quirky just for the sake of being quirky, but ultimately I do not think that was the case. But, like many films of this type, I find it easy to overlook the problems, and it is unfortunate that most people will never even hear of this movie. And oh yes; if you are easily offended, you may want to stay at home.

3.5 stars (out of 4)

Official Website: http://www.meandyoumovie.com

"Are we there yet?" I did not stop laughing the entire movie, and could relate to alot of the trip, with the exception of the kids steeling the car. Well worth leaving your brain on pause and taking a trip with these kids for an hour and a half. LOL material....

We saw "The 40 Year Old Virgin" on our date night. It was ok. I think I would like to see it again, we were not in the right frame of mind I don't think to see it. It was funny in parts, but some of it was kind of boring. I would give it a 7/10

We also started watching "Sin City". I had to have Gregg stop it, it was really violent and kind of didn't make sense to me. What I saw I would give it a 5/10

Kristi