TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movies, Movies, Movies.....

robbalvey

Anyone else looking forward to the new Die hard movie?

DEFINITELY excited about Live free or Die Hard... I haven't been this excited about a movie since.... well since.... ehh nvmd... I'm just excited about it!

What I want to know however is it is PG-13. How are you going to have a Die Hard movie that is PG-13 and not have it suck? I'm kind of worried.

Matrix Reloaded 9/10

I still like the first one better, but this one had some pretty freakin awesome action sequences. The special effects are certainly updated from the first one, and I like how it took that weird turn towards the end of the movie. If you haven't seen this, watch the first one, then check this one out.

---Brent

Well, I saw Fantastic Four 2 over the weekend and it wasn't bad. It's not in the same class as Spiderman or the first two Superman movies, but still somewhat enjoyable. Anyway, any movie that has Jessica Alba in it automatically gets a 8/10. ...so I give it a 8/10.

I saw both F4 as well as Ocean's 13.

F4 was an ok movie, much like the first.

Jessica Alba looked much better in the first movie though. (Botox to the lips?)

Ocean's 13 was great!

There are some hidden one liners in there that are just hilarious!

Shrek 3 - Good but not great, the whole concept is getting old, time to move on

Pirates 3 - great way to wrap up the series complete with a surprise ending...

Ocean's 13 - pretty mediocre in every respect, not too impressed, although the whole "Are you watching Oprah?" bit was great.

Most anticipated?

TRANSFORMERS! - ah, nostalgia...and who can resist big robots blowing stuff up?

Ratatouille - just looks great, no other way to put it, Brad Bird is a genius

I just finished Black Sheep and thought it was a great camp fest. The movie has effects done by those who did the LOTR trilogy but they made them look like a B movie. Check it out if you can. Hopefully the bite scene at the end stays in (who knows with the MPAA) cause it is a classic.

I have been looking forward to this movie ever since I heard about it a few months ago. I was a little worried about it though because of the director's past bad work, and the PG-13 rating. It was great though. It was actually scary and also creative. I am a fan of John Cusack and Sameul L. Jackson did a good job with his small role. I highly recommend it.

I went to a 10:00 PM screening last night and I will say that this film ties 28 Weeks Later as the best film the summer (so far). While 28 Weeks Later was an excellent film, it was an ordeal to sit through. The dark tone and boding felling that lasted the entire film made it so that you could never relax. A great horror/drama, but taxing. 1408 is also a very suspenseful film but it also manages to inject some nice mood lightening humor into the mix (thanks mostly to John Cusack's excellent performance).

OK, enough about 28 Weeks Later, on to 1408. If you've seen the trailers you know it's about a man named Mike Enslin whom investigates and writes about locations that are rumored to be haunted. After receiving a postcard warning him about room 1408 at the Dolphin Hotel in New York City he sets out to stay in that notorious room. He is refused access to the room until his publisher, played by Tony Shalhoub, finds a loophole in the law that forces the hotel to give him access. What follows is a suspenseful stay in the hotel room from Hell.

The majority of the film consists of only Enslin and the terrifying goings-on in the room. While it may seem that a film following a single character in a small space could grow tiresome, John Cusack carries the film terrifically. He conveys the growing dread and then total horror that Enslin goes through perfectly. In a supporting role as the hotel's manager, Samuel L. Jackson delivers a solid performance despite being in the film briefly. The scene between Cusack and Jackson in the manager's office towards the beginning of the film is of note.

One final aspect of the film that is worth mentioning is the fact that it is rated PG-13. This is not Hostel; this is not Saw; this is not Texas Chainsaw Massacre. What 1408 is, is a thriller that relies on tension and mood rather than blood and gore. In the vein of The Sixth Sense and The Others, 1408 is old-school haunted house film that proves that excessive violence isn't necessary to make a film scary.

Overall, the film was excellent. Superbly acted, superbly paced, and geniunly chilling; 1408 is not to be missed.

Spider-Man 3 in IMAX. It was better than I was thinking it would be, although the ending sucked - highlight this for spoilers (too much sappiness and forgiving and such... I mean, come on, out of all the villains he faced, only ONE was toasted?) - Also, I was reminded of how freaking hot Kirsten Dunst looks with red hair. Yow.

Just got home from work where we had a screen check of the new "Transformers" movie.

This would have to be one of the best summer blockbuster of the last ten years!

Smart, thrilling, non stop action, funny and the best and fastest two and half hours i have spent in a theatre in a long while.

This lives up too and goes beyond the hype, beg, borrow or steal a ticket.

Every summer film from now on will have this film as the benchmark for entertainment.

If it was not 3.32am in the morning i would and could watch it again.

So I just got home from the 12:01 showing of Live free or die hard..... I think this is my newest favorite movie after Die Hard 3. It might just be the best movie out this summer. I have to wait and see Transformers to judge but DH4 even being PG-13 was really good. I actually think it was better than the 3rd one which IMO was the best until now.

DH4- 10/10

Live Free or Die Hard (AKA Die Hard 4)

It was a good action movie, but not a good Die Hard movie.

I would have liked it alot more if there wasn't something called Die Hard 1-3.

Bruce Willis was ok, Justin Long was annoying(all he did was complain), and Kevin Smith was underused.

Oh, but there was Maggie Q ( ) as a killer assasin.

Even with the crazy action, I'll give it a 7.5/10

Caught the midnight show of Live Free or Die Hard yesterday. What an awesome film - the PG-13 rating didn't hurt it at all as the action was still there (this was probably the best action film we've had in years). Bruce Willis still kicked @$$ as John McClane too, and Justin Long was actually good in the sidekick role. Definitely recommended. A

Surf's Up

Eh. It was alright.

A film made, 'a la reality tv' following peguins who surf....

There were some good laughs in it.

But it's not a kid's movie. Not for any kid under six, at least. Too much 'stuff' aimed at older peeps.

Hmmm. Ok. 7/10 'cause the animatiion was excellent, esp. all the water shots, the surfing waves, etc.

But - I really REALLY think we're ABOUT DONE with animated penguin movies, alrighty?

Live Free or Die Hard

Being a fan of nonstop action, I thought that this movie was great. I havn't seen the other Die Hard movies, so I came in not knowing what to expect. I was reaalllyyy pleasantly surprised! I thought Bruce Willis was great, he made the movie funny at times. Even though some part were really unrealistic, I enjoyed it alot. :]

I give it a 9/10