TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movies, Movies, Movies.....

robbalvey

POTC:AWE

9.999/10

This movie was awesome even as I was about to fall asleep midway Thursday night. I have heard critics do not like the movie, because they feel there is no real plot, but isn't destroying the East India Trading company and saving the pirates of the world from Davy Jones a plot? Even if they do have a few too many battle scenes, but who can get enough of a sea serpent man eating peoples heads off?

Zodiac -I thought it was good, interesting, although there was too much talking in the middle of the movie, which felt a bit boring, I enjoyed the movie overall though, 8.5/10

These are a bit older:

Saw 3- I've heard lots of people saying that this third is crap, I don't think so. It was alright imo, better than the reviews I've heard and read, some bits of the movie were a bit annoying though, but yeah, bearly worth the watch. 6.5/10

the Departed - I liked this a lot, although they could've cut down a few F-words, lol. Also it felt quite long, but the ending was surprising and it was great overall. 9.5/10.

Just saw Pirates 3. A lot of people have been saying it wasn't as good as the first two, that it was too long, etc. ...I actually really enjoyed it and thought it moved along quicker than LOTR, but maybe that's just me. True there wasn't as much action as you would have liked, but I thought the story was good enough to keep you entertained.

I give it a 9/10, the same as Spiderman 3. ...and as a whole(all three movies), it's definitely in my top 10 favorites.

Just saw Pirates 3.

8/10

The VSX is absolutely the best so far in 2007, beating the Spiderman 3. The maelstrom is just absolutely amazing and made me speechless. BUT there were too many conversations and the duration was too long.

The acting is quite nice. I was especially impressed by Geoffrey Rush as Captain Barbossa, Bill Nighy as Davy Jones and Naomie Harris as Tia Dalma. They were really good and I think they have a chance to be Oscar-nominated. Johnny Depp? No I don't think so. He's actually very good, yes, but considering he already had one nomination from the first movie, I don't think he will be nominated again, just like Ian McKellen did in Lord of the Rings.

Yep I saw it last night too in a Gold Class cinema - luxury seating and food/drink brought around to your table. I had two tickets given to me by my stepsister as a late birthday gift and yesterday was the last day I could use them. So took a mate. Best way to see a 3-hour movie

Really liked it though I thought there were too many betrayals & some of the conversation was hard to make out because of the accents. But it was a good movie. I can't help but think Potc2 could have been combined with this one to form the one movie though... both movies are a little bit bloated, as good as they are. Great action sequences though and it really did work as pure popcorn fodder. One of those movies you still have to think about though.

I can't believe I missed the scene after the credits though; I always sit through the credits but it was midnight so my mate & I rushed out of there, not knowing there was one. So those who haven't seen it yet, wait for that last scene, it's a good one (saw it on Youtube but it's just not the same seeing it on the small screen)

8.5 Soggy Sailors out of 10

I watched Spider-Man in 4K Digital today.

8/10

The image was extremely sharp and clear, not like the 1K movie, where you still can see some spots around the screen. In 4K, it's very clean, just like when you're watching HD-TV. It gives you better viewing and experience. Just so different. Try it when you have a chance.

Mr. Brooks

It was okay. I enjoyed watching it. However, after it was over and I was thinking about it, I realized that I thought the plot was really very stupid. If it weren't for William Hurt's role, the film would be a complete disaster. Overall, its not a bad movie, as long as you don't think about it too much.

"Waitress" for the second time.

I'm in love with this movie. I just want it to keep going forever. It's so wonderful. I would definitely call it a must-see.

10/10

"I want drugs. I want massive amounts of drugs. I want the maximum legal limit of drugs."