TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movies, Movies, Movies.....

robbalvey

Well since 300 looked sorta gay, we whent and saw Premonition. It was pretty good, it was REALLY confusing in the first half.

OMG TOMMY IM GONNA SLAP YOU!! that movie looked amazing!! and we still could have gotten in.. you just chickened out!! lol

omg..your lame lol

premonitioon was agay movie...i didnt like it

Marie Antoinette

6/10

It's good how they mix the old story with nice modern score. But the story is so-so. I mean it's like queen, pleasure every day, fall in love and those thigns again...

The way I see it, Marie Antoinette is all how you look at it. While you summed up the plot rather fairly, you have to remember is that is who Marie was. She brought that type of life to the French Royal family, and that is what the film elaborates on. While that plot alone isn't especially interesting, that is who Marie was, that is who the film is about, so I don't think the movie can be at fault for that.

Anyway, I haven't been around the past week, so here are some movies I have watched since I last posted here...

Sleepers-I thought it was great. The plot was just wonderful. The acting was also superb, especially DeNiro and Kevin Bacon. The movie is about a group of boys who pull a prank, and in the process, accidentally kill a man. They are all sent to a Boy's home for punishment, and there are raped, beaten, and just overall treated horribly by the guards. Fast forward 15 years and they kill one of the guards. They then go to trial, which is mostly what the last part of the film is about.

Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil-Increadible. Simply amazing. This is one of my new favorites. I found an old, dusty VHS copy of it in my house and watched it. I just loved everything about it.

Blue Crush-It wasn't bad. It was actually very good for what it is. It is about surfers on Hawaii's North Shore.

Leprechaun-You can't watch this and not expect it to be how it was. Stupid, not scary, and just a total waste. I thought it was bearable. I am never going to watch it again most likely, but it could have been worse. Leprechaun II next St. Patricks Day? Hell yeah.

Mr. Bean's Holiday

7/10

While it's extremely funny in some scenes, it's a bit overdone is some way and it seems the movie is mainly shown for kids. But I like how they show how France is very beautiful. There are some very beautiful sceneries of France.

I saw Breach tonight--excellent movie. Even though you know from the beginning how the story ends, they do an excellent job keeping you on the edge of your seat. Chris Cooper should be up for an Oscar next year for this one.

I saw 300 about a week ago and I absolutely loved it. In the beginning, I was confused by the plot as were my friends, but the pieces all fell in line and turned out to be a brilliant film.

If you don't mind the animated gore and in for a good story, then I highly suggest it! 9/10

The Protector (2006): Rating 10/10

Starring Muay Thai Master, Tony Jaa (Jackie Chan's Ex stunt man)....This has to be the best martial arts movie i've seen in all my exsistance on earth...Far better than Jet Li's "Fearless" (Jet Li' Fan Here!) and that movie was totally killer! This movie was crazy, never have I seen 50 guys get a limb broken by one person in about 1 minute. What was more awesome is that Tony Jaa did all of his stunts, no stunt doubles, no wires and no CGI (if ya don't believe me, watch the behind the scenes footage in the "special features"). Jet Li used to be my all time favorite martial artist, but he'll have to take a backseat to Tony Jaa after watching "The Protector" and "Ong Bok Warrior". If you haven't seen those two movies, go get the DVD NOW!

Check out the link, click on "Watch the trailer"

http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809423644/info

I saw 300 for the second time this past weekend and like the first time I loved it. I absolutely love the film's style especially the cel-shaded blood effect. They managed to capture the graphic novel very well. Apparently once Miller is done working on Sin City 2 he plans on making a film follow up to 300 based on another famous Greek battle. I'm thinking either Plataea or Marathon.

Meet the Robinsons

10/10

I just got back home from seeing this movie. I went to one of the screeings of it in Disney Digital 3-D. And needless to say, it was amazing!

The 3-D through out the film was really well done and the story was very well written. It's a wild, crazy, and very heart warming film. And if you get the chance check it out in 3-D. You'll be glad you did.

I was flicking through the channels earlier and I found that IFC was showing This Film Is Not Yet Rated. I really enjoyed it and it's cool to see just how messed up the MPAA ratings board is. Before that I watched Saw which was mediocre. The ending was great but the rest of the film failed to impress. The acting was very bad but that could be attributed to the fact that the filmed it in 16 days with no rehearsals.

TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA TURTLES......is a really crap movie!....i had absoloutly NO idead what was going on and was bored by the time that guy with the mask was behind that red turtle i think ....it was weird, why where there creatures from ages ago coming back to life!!....but the graphics were pretty darn impressive from what i saw

the NC-17 version of A Dirty Shame. 10/10

It stars Tracy Ullman as a Conservative and prudent Mother trying to get to work who, through a concussion, is transformed into a major sex addict. Chris Issak plays her husband and Selma Blair is their daughter sporting some of the BIGGEST set of (prosthetic) boobs that have ever been created I'm sure. The plot isn't much, one side versus the other (In this case the Neuters against the Perverts), but the journey to the end is John Water's Disgusting yet hilarious return to his trashy roots. It also has a great message of tolerance (In a very twisted way of course) Also starring Johnny Knoxville as Ray-Ray, and Suzanne Shepherd as Big Ethel, leader of the Neuters.

NO Sex act is left out in this movie, and as such has earned itself an NC-17 (there's also an R version out there as well), and should not be seen by those easily offended. The "strangest" use of a water bottle during the Hokey Pokey at a senior center will be one of those Waters moments that have to be seen to be believed, such as the dog walking scene at the end of Pink Flamingos. Plus it has a hilarious (if not random and embarrassing) cameo by David Hasselhoff.

Plenty of very quotable one liners and outrages sightgags a must see for fans of Waters other movies.

"It's not safe out! People are shaving their crotches as we speak. There is pubic hair in the air! Everywhere!"

The Last Mimzy

8/10

And for my movie buck - muuuuch better than "Bridge to Terabithia".

Special effects were laid out better throughout the movie, and although I wasn't still too sure what the plot was all about, it was still more interesting to watch, than the slow - drawn out - angst-filled - eventual ho-hum of "Bridge."

It's a good film, Mimzy is.

Reign Over Me-I am not a fan of Sandler's comedy, but I thought he might be better at drama. He wasn't, but it was still a pretty decent film. Its worth a rent.

Blades of Glory-It was pretty funny. Heder played a od rold, but I wish Ferrel would stick to roles similar to Stranger Than Fiction.

The Italian-This is the first Russian film I've ever seen. I thought it was great. One of the best films I've seen in a while.

American Beauty-This was th first time I ever wateched this and it ended up being one of my all time favorites.