TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movies, Movies, Movies.....

robbalvey

Final Destination 3: Rating 10/10

Awesome movie! I've seen this at the show and just got the dvd. I love this movie...better than the first two. I like how you can change the movie and deaths around. Best part, of course was the Roller Coaster Accident, with the nail gun accident as a close second.

I finally saw it last Sunday. It definitely deserves two strong thumbs up. Growing up in SoFla, I was a HUGE Miami Vice fan from the begining, and I can't tell you how happy I was that this TV show-to-movie didn't get the Ben Stiller treatment. It was also very nice to see Michael Mann take the controls for the big screen version.

If you go in looking for anything similiar to the TV show, you will be disappointed. Mann did a virtual 180, and decided to give it the dark, gritty, and very real look it deserved. Gone are the sweeping beautiful aerial views of South Beach, and glossed over look that made the country fall in love with the city of Miami in the mid-80's. The movie is a very accurate depiction of how things might really go down in this line of work. Don't take it from me though, director Michael Mann doesn't just show up and start shooting any of his movies. Months of preparation and research go into producing the most realistic look possible.

Each actor became well versed in the role they would be portraying before the cameras even began rolling. And IMHO, that's what makes Mann's work as great as it is. For instance, he made Robert DeNiro and Val Kilmer takes months of training to prepare for an epic shootout scene in the movie Heat. The same plan was in place for Jamie Foxx and Colin Farrell. They were made to follow real life agents for weeks in an attempt to get into character. And when it comes to authenticity, the locations chosen were spot on.

I guess I could go on for awhile about this one, so instead I'll simply say that if you're a fan of any of Michael Mann's work, then this flick is a must see.

I am a fan of B-horror movies. This past week I saw a film called "Decampitated." It is one of those so bad it is good flicks. It was soooo stupid, but I was laughing through the whole thing. I think that they paid the "actors" in pizza. If you like the really bad therefore good slasher flicks - this one might be worth a look.

Bought an old favorite of mine...Above the law, starring Steven Seagal and Pam Grier. Rating 10/10. I love Seagal's Movies..he kicks a** in all of them (or at least the ones i've seen, and thats quite a few) Good old classic car chases, brazening gun fights and of course, martial arts.

I was watching TV last night and started watching a movie that I had heard alot about but never seen. That movie was Killer Klowns from Outer Space. It was quite possibly the strangest movie I have ever seen. But at the same time it was funny. It was mainly funny just because it was so bad. If you like those kind of movies you will probably love it.

I just went to go see the movie "Accepted." Obviously a teen flick but something that I as a college student appreciated and laughed out loud quite often at. Everyone I went with enjoyed it and agreed it was a must see for college students.

I saw the same thing on Friday. I loved it, it was super funny! Yes it is a teen flick, but the comedy in it will make anyone and everyone laugh. The got some funny characters in it, some of the actors I have seen in other comedy's. (Forget the actors names). I give it a 9/10 It wasnt the greatest movie ever but it was up there.

Hey Spookbaby- "Battle Royal!!"

--Zack