TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movies, Movies, Movies.....

robbalvey

Po'TC DMC:

First one was better. The last half of the film was more of a set-up for the third film. I don't like Johnny Depp or Disney made films but I liked the first installment of this series so I went to see the second as well. It is suprisngly "adult" for an Disney adult movie. The action sequecences were funny and captivating but a little bit too cartoonish (no Disney pun inteded) compared to Black Pearl. Disney usually tries to avoid any clear kill or actual body harm with any implement of destruction but those days are gone with the first two movies in this series.

Disney is growing up into more of a company that makes movies for kids to a company that makes movies that are enjoyable by all adults as well. If you like action movies, you will like this. That should have been the same for the movie Pearl Harbor but we all know what Disney did to that movie. Fortunantly, I've never seen that flick. I hear I'm not missing out on much.

I don't however feel this is a movie worthy of the 6 BAZZILLION dollars it is making. It's a rightful blockbuster and all but to be breaking box office records left and right... it aint that good.

The Filth and the Fury - 8.5/10

An excellent film that documents the birth and destruction of the Sex Pistols. The only thing that bugged me was the heavy use of snipets from 'The Great Rock N Roll Swindle.' Nevertheless, the documentary was very insightful and entertaining.

"Can you imagine Johnny Rotten singing 'Shang-a-Lang'?"

I saw The Rocky Horror Picture Show for the first time yesterday. Wow. What a weird movie (in a good sense).

I loved it, though. It was really funny, and the music was pretty darn good. But Tim Curry was great in his role, and it was hilarious seeing him as a transvestite. My favorite parts were the Time Warp and the "Sweet Transvestite" song.

Definately need to get this one on DVD.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest - 7.5/10

The first installment in the Pirates trilogy is incredible, but IMO, DMC seemed a bit too long to be a set-up for the next film. Well...maybe it was because we were in the front row, and we had to look straight up for two hours. At least they included fireflies.

Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb - 10/10

Wow, as you can see from my signature, this is probably my new favorite movie. Out of every Kubrick film I have seen so far (2001, Clockwork Orange, The Shining, Full Metal Jacket) none were as sharp and funny as this one. Peter Sellers performances were top.

Running Scared (2006): Rating 10/10

I thought this movie was excellent! Action is written all over this movie. Joey (Paul Walker////fast & the furious 1&2) played his part very well and I thought the storyline was well thought out. The only thing that got me about this movie was how Oleic (Cameron Bright///Ultraviolet) has gotten in more worse case senarios in one day that'll last him a lifetime. First he shoots his father with a gun used to kill a bad cop, then the cops are looking for him. Then he gets in the middle of a drug deal gone bad. Next he stumbles upon a pimp smaking his....well you know...and he decides to intervene, almost getting killed in the process. Great movie, didn't get great ratings, but a...screw the critics!

Shaolin Soccer (2004): Rating 9/10

Despite it's great reviews, it didn't do well in theaters, only selling a mere $488,872 at the U.S. Box Office when it debuted 2004. However, I thought Shaolin Soccer (Starring Stephen Chow) movie was great, alot more hilarious then Kung Fu Hustle (2005) which also stars Stephen Chow. Basiclly, the movie was about these old shaolin masters that wanted to get their shaolin powers back. They decide to play soccer, and they dominate it with their shaolin moves. Then out of nowhere, some team named 'Team Evil" comes along and seems to be 10 times powerful and nearly unstoppable. The shaolin teams has to find a way to defeat them. Great and hilarious movies, "A chuckle a minute!"

POTC2 7/10. Liked it overall but I do agree the set up for part three is a bit long and it was darker than I was expecting.

Saw Clerks 2 overall I liked it thought it was very funny. Some parts I didn't like but overall very entertaining. 8/10

also saw The Hills Have Eyes the re-make. Too Gory (and I have a strong stomache) too boring in parts and too predictable. 2/10

I saw POTC2 and loved it. I loved the first one as well though. Part 2 sort of reminded me of a novel, or soap show. There was definitely alot more going on in part 2. I didn't expect to be left hanging though at the end lol I was kind of sad knowing I had to wait a year to see what happens next.

I saw Clerks 2 yesterday and I have to say..funniest movie I've seen since... I can't remember! Every part was entertaining and it was just an awesome movie...

My bro also brought home Final Destination 3 and I'll just say I don't want to go get a tan for a while.

^ Luxo, so far, I'm really impressed with your movie viewing choices. Are you sure you're only 13? Vertigo is Hitchcock's best work...you seen it yet?

Anyway, tomorrow night I'm actually gonna fork out some cash and brave the crowd of morons to see a movie in the theater. I'm pushing for Miami Vice (naturally, duh), but the wife may win out and pick POTC 2.

Finally got the DVD for V for Vendetta. It is released this Tuesday. The movie is really good. It kept me wondering what happens next and the ways V gets away with what he does was my favorite part of the movie. 9/10 for the movie, 4/10 for the DVD. Only one "making of" featurette. For a movie with so much potential for DVD extras, there just aren't any. I hope they release a 2-disc set sometime soon.

EDIT: They will be releasing a 2-disc set, I just got an advanced copy of the single disc.