TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movies, Movies, Movies.....

robbalvey

Superman Returns-10/10

It is a rare occurrence when a movie gets a 10/10 from me, but Superman Returns deserves it. This movie was SO awesome. The special effects, awesome. The plot, awesome. It was very suspenseful too! It had some unexpected twists, and I HIGHLY recommend it. I'm going to buy it when it comes out on dvd for sure.

----Antonio"Go see it on opening day everyone!"G.

~ ~ ~

The Da Vinci Code

8/10

We had just read the book just prior, so that helped 'explain' a few quick cuts and deletions here and there that the film makers...made, heh heh.

Acting good - intensity palpable - all in all, good tense little "where is it?" thriller. Music score helped.

Whoever wants to see Superman Returns:

See it in IMAX 3D, if possible. Or even non-3D IMAX or Omnimax/IMAX Dome. The quality of the experience is far worth the $2 extra or so it usually costs to see in IMAX. Crystal-clear picture and amazing sound.

It is the first 2D movie to be converted into 3D, so only twenty minutes of it are in 3D. However, these are all the flying scenes and a few others, so it should be worth it. Apparently, it cost over $1 million to convert 20 minutes.

Just a recommendtion!

Anyway, I have seen a few movies recently.

Poseidon: 8/10. I was truly suprised how good this film was. It was a very intense disaster movie, and not laughable (a good thing). Good score. However, the characters should have been developed more.

The Omen: 6/10. They were striving for the right thing, but they didn't get it exactly right. It always seemed a little off. However, the performance by the Nanny is downright scary, and worth it just to see her.

The Da Vinci Code: 9/10. I read the book prior to seeing the movie, and I was suprised at how well the filmmakers stayed to what the book had in it. They changed very few things. Kudos.

Nacho Libre: 6/10. A tad dissapointing. Nothing real bad about it, but it just didn't work for me.

My brother and I are debating wheather or not to see Superman. I really want to see it in an IMAX (there is an Imax theater 20 min. away from my house), but my bro doesn't want to spend the extra $3 eventhough I think it'll be worth it. Superman comes out on Wed. and it's my bros only day off from work, so I think it would be cool to see it.

Just saw Superman Returns. I give it a 6/10

BLAH! What can I say? It was just not what I was expecting. I left feeling like it was missing a whole bunch of stuff. The bad guy and his evil plot was just very stupid, IMO. And once it started, it was over. It had no feel good revenge moments like most super hero movies have. The action was very little and far apart and never intense at all. Ick...I was expecting something amazing like Batman Begins or Spider-man but it didn't turn out that way.

Night of the Twisters: Rating 8/10

This movie was one of those "not avaliable in theater movies." This movie was great, and the only reason I didn't give it a 10 is because of the special effects. The tornado's looked too fake, You can tell that they were computer animated. But the overall storyline is what saved this movie. I found it in Wal*Mart for $9.95. Also the fact that when at the dvd menu, and you press play...It starts right into the movie..no previews, no beginning credits...not even the "This movie has been formatted from it's original version to fit your tv" message...and I'm kinda glad, the previews sometimes are too damn long.

Superman Returns. 10/10 Great flick. I liked it more than Batman Begins. Shaun of the Dead 10/10 my favorite british comedy ever. Wedding Singer. 8/10 It may be getting older but I still like it a lot. Poseiden 4/10 sorry I didin't like it I did find it laughable at least they *spoiler alert* killed that annoying blond from Black eyed Peas but they don;t show it.

Superman Returns-10/10

It is a rare occurrence when a movie gets a 10/10 from me, but Superman Returns deserves it. This movie was SO awesome. The special effects, awesome. The plot, awesome. It was very suspenseful too! It had some unexpected twists, and I HIGHLY recommend it. I'm going to buy it when it comes out on dvd for sure.

----Antonio"Go see it on opening day everyone!"G.

How'd you get to see it? Lucky.

Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burghandy 11/10

One of the funniest movies ever created. Will Ferell (sorry if I spelled it wrong) is hilarious and a great actor. If you haven't seen this yet, GO SEE IT NOW!!!

---Brent

Superman Returns:

8/10

The theatre I work at put on a special 10 PM show on Tues. night. I was working until about 10:30 though. So, with 12 minutes worth of previews I probably missed a good 20 minutes.

I just can't find it in my heart to give this movie a perfect 10. Granted, the effects were top notch, and I thought Brandon Routh was pretty good. In my opinion Lois Lane could have been older, and the story line should have been a little more developed. Spacey was pretty good as well.

Click:

5/10

The movie had a good moral, however, this was another movie that lacked development and pacing in the first few scenes. Christopher Walken deserves better.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest

7 Days!!!!!

Cars

9.5/10

Really REALLY well done in all aspects of animation and adult scripting. Ther's a lot more to this movie than just being 'for the kids.'

The scenic rendering was amazing, and it was wierdly "right" that they actually pulled off an animated film about cars - using (naturally) the long winding, sometimes unending byways of the Southwest. Really remarkable.

Good characters too. Several of us in the audience were laughing our heads off, with Ye Wee Barren probably not even remotely into it - 'cept when the 'pretty cars' came onscreen - ooooooooooooooo. Yeah, shure nuff. What-ever.

Very fun film. And I will definitely get the DVD when it comes out. AND - most important - stay right thru the credits - it'll be worth it, trust me.

Why not 10? I have never given any movie a 'perfect 10.' Hasn't been made, yet. Near as I can make out...

Superman Returns 9/10

My points have been made by previous posters so I won't repeat.

I just want to add that Kevin Spacey will get nominated and WIN the Oscar for best supporting actor as his role as Lex Luther stole the show. I honestly was skeptical and kinda unsure on how he would do in this role when I first heard he was cast as Lex. He was phenomonal.

I know movies such as this that are summer blockbuster/action movies rarely get cred from the academy. This however, will be one of those few exceptions cause I feel Spacey was THAT good.

^^ Spacey was awesome... Routh... well... Just didn't hit it out of the park for me. He wasn't the confident Superman than Reeve was. Hopefully he'll get better when he's teaching... oops. Better not reveal any spoilers (although it's the worst kept secret since the end of Titanic.)

Superman Returns: I have never seen the original Superman, but I thought this one was really good. It wasn't the best movie I've ever seen or anything like that but it's definitely worth seeing, and I'd watch it again.

3 days until Pirates of the Caribbean 2! That's the one movie I'm really looking forward to seeing.