TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movies, Movies, Movies.....

robbalvey

Strange Brew

This movie is hilarious! i like any movie that has alcoholic canadians.

Shrek2

Old, i know, but this movie is hilarious! it's almost as good as Strange Brew.

Daredevil

I'm still in the middle of this movie, but so far it's cool, it would be so damn cool ot have that radar!

I never get to go to the movies, so i'm always stuck with the old sh*t.

Trev"i'm forcing my mom to let me see madagascar and Jurrasic Park 4 tough!"32

Don't get out the movies much due to location and stuff.

Just had a party weekend with some mates and we watched all of the Lord of the Rings Exdended DVD's back to back whilst drinking. It got quite strange by the Return Of The King, people kept thinking we'd watched some of it already.

I have recently watched these movies ...

The Cat In The Hat

I heard that this movie wasn't very good and it had a lot of filler time in it. These statements were completely wrong, I absolutely loved this movie and there were only one or two spots of filler. This movie is so funny and all of the humor is adult, so if you are a parent this movie is great for the kids and you .

Hulk

I had seen this move before and wasn't very fond of it but I saw decided to buy it at Wal-Mart because it was only six dollars. The second time around I enjoyed it a lot more. The movie still isn't great but it is worth a watch to see Hulk destroy stuff

Jurassic Park 3

I hadn't seen this movie and heard some mixed reviews of it, I bought it for ten dollars and watched it for myself. There is absolutely no story line to this movie, very vauge and lame. It was fun to watch the Spinosaurous eat people but that wasn't enough to make this movie good. This is by far the worst one of the three.

Gonna have to respectfully disagree with you on Cat in the Hat, Stitch.

We were discussing walking out within the first 20 minutes. Mike Myers' decision to play the Cat in the Hat channeling Charles Nelson Reilly was a bit of a bad idea. Thing 1 and Thing 2 were just creepy. The sidestory with Alec Baldwin was equally creepy. And Kelly Preston kept her clothes on.

I also have to disagree with you regarding that "great for the kids" bit. We had TONS of parents requesting refunds/passes because A. their kids were (rightfully) freaked the hell out or B. because of the adult humor ("dirty ho" springs immediately to mind).

But the Universal Parks shout-out was funny... too bad it actually has scared people away from the very pleasant Cat in the Hat ride (I wish I was making that up - I've talked to at least two people who skipped it because they were afraid it'd be as bad as the film - yeah, they were stoopid, but still).

I saw Sin City back on Friday, and I loved it.

I know this had major star power with guys like Bruce Willis and Clive Owen, as well as some others, but to me, the best part of Sin City was seeing Mickey Rourke as Marv. He was just brilliant, and had so many great lines that he delivered perfectly. I've never liked Mickey Rourke much before, but now I think he has this "grizzled veteran" quality about him that makes him so much more entertaining. I think Quinten Tarantino should consider casting this guy in his next movie.

I bought two DVD's at the mall after seeing this.

Sideways

This is an interesting film, funny, but strangely touching as well. If this had come out in the 70's, it would have easilly won Best Picture. Alexander Payne (Who also directed "About Schmidt") is just fabulous at showing that us guys can feel the pains of aging and insecurity just as much as the ladies can. And he sets up a lot of nice akward humor in the process.

The Incredibles

Finally, somebody figured out that animation is, as Brad Bird said, a medium that can be used to emulate other genres, and not just a genre itself. This amazing and daring attempt by Pixar to make an action comedy completely from CGI animation shows that not all animated films have to feature cuddly animals and gratuitous musical interludes. And that star power isn't always necessary, as the main characters are voiced by the likes of Craig T Nelson, Holly Hunter, and some NPR actress whose name escapes me at the moment hehe. They're not big names, but the voices fit with the characters, and that's what Pixar's concerned with, proving that they are the smartest animation studio working today IMO. If you haven't seen this yet, check it out now.

Having seen Plan 9 fron outer space several years, I was familiar w/ Writer/director/actor Edward D. Wood jr. I also saw Ed Wood w/johnny depp and Walter Mathua as Bela Legosi. (sp?s)

Two nights ago, I saw Ed's first movie: Glen or Glenda.

Man, that is the most messed up movie i've ever seen. Seriously, plan 9 was even better.

You have to see it to believe. it sets an all-new b-movie low!

Truly, a gem of a picture if you like b-movies.

I recently saw Supersize Me. It didn't make me want to eat fastfood less (I didn't eat it often before I saw SSM) but my mom freaked and made us stop eating fastfood for a month. Anyway, I liked it, it was intresting to see what that kind of food does to people.

Right now I'm watching Haunted Mansion (I've already seen it, but it's on, and this is the movies forum). I wish it were really good, but unfortunately, it isn't that great.

Well this movie may seem old now, but i've just watched it for the millionth time: Freddy V.S. Jason...I don't know why I love this movie so much, but to me...instead of it being a thriller, it was more of a comedy for me.

Forgotten was a really good movie....it was an 'awe' movie...soemthing you'd have to watch twice just because you didn't understand it the first time.

The grudge was alright, I mean it's not better than 'The Ring' by my standards.....Sarah Michelle Gellar just isn't much of an actor when it comes to horror-thriller movies for me.

The Ring 2 was great...it really explained what happned and why the things had happened in the first installment. they also used the same characters from the first installmment, I love that....most sequals I've watched has used different characters....

Saw was the most horrific flick that I have seen and own. Great movie.

Amityville Horror the original was great, but the remake is going to be 10 times better IMO...i'm going to see it this week, that and the House of Wax.

yesterday I saw Vertigo. Amazing movie. The story is very well written, with some nice twists. You think you understand what's happening, but then everything change. Very good job by James Stuart and all the actors. The second best Hithcock movie after Rear Window IMO.

Caught "Kung Fu Hustle" yesterday.

90 minutes of absolute insanity. I never got a chance to see the director's "Shaolin Soccer," but I'm definitely going to have to add that one to my Netflix queue.

The only problem I had was the idiot parents who brought their 5 and 6 year olds to see it (um, rated R folks!). The film's violence is mostly of the cartoonish variety, but some of it is quite serious (there's decapitations, shotgun-fu, and you see the shadow of a cat sliced in half (not as bad as it sounds)). About half an hour into it, I had to shed my cool demeanor to yell out "SHUT UP" because the kids really wouldn't. That mostly did the trick, though their mother wasn't much better ("oh my god" anytime somone took a severe beating, which happens quite often).

And people wonder why I don't watch that many movies in theatres anymore (especially sad since I WORK at a bloody theatre).

Has anyone here seen Elephant? I believe it came out in 2003, but very few people that i've talked to have seen it. Anyway, it's easily one of the scariest and most disturbing movies i've ever seen.

If you haven't seen it yet, I suggest you do. It's an awesome film.

Heres the trailer...

http://www.apple.com/trailers/newline/elephant/elephant-480.html

^Thank-you! You are the first person I have ever been in somewhat of contact with who somewhat enjoyed that movie. I LOVED it, but for some reason people thought it was overbearingly pretentious, but for me Gus Van Sant really hit the nail on the head on that issue; it's the best film I've ever seen on school shootings, it tackled the issue head on but left you to think for yourself and make up your own mind on the subject. It is a WONDERFUL film.

Thats cool that you also loved it...and yeah, few people seem to. But they more than likely don't understand that it's an artistic film. Like the long drawn out shots, the repeat shots from different angles, and the name of the movie. It's all a form of art...but most people just don't understand that.

I just saw Amityville Horror last night and I thought it was great! Very scary and kept me on the edge of my seat for the longest time. Excellent movie, must see for horror movie fans. Especially if you enjoyed the remake of Texas Chainsaw Massacare.

I'm glad to hear some of you like Elephant. I've been waiting for the right occasion to rent it, and I think I'll do it this weekend. I saw "Turtles Can Fly" two nights ago, and while it is disturbing, it was great. If movies like this are your "thing", I highly recommend it!

http://www.ifcfilms.com/ifcfilms?CAT0=3127&CAT1=6266&AID=10507&CLR=red&BCLR

I'm seeing a screening of "it's all gone pete tong" on monday I'm pretty excited about, too.

http://www.itsallgonepetetong.com/

I have mentioned this movie before(Undead) for all you fans of "Shaun of the Dead" and if you liked the last in the Evil Dead Movies. It will be released in the states on July 1st and if you want to see the trailer then have a look here.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/lions_gate/undead/large.html

I have worked with two of the actors in this movie in the past and from what I was told, there may be a second movie in production very soon.

And the trailer makes the movie look a lot scarier than it is, get a few more laughs than frights out of this movie....just so you know.

I saw the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy last weekend. I thought it was pretty good. I haven't read the book so I missed out on some of the stuff. But overall I thought it was worth the price to get in.

Over the weekend:

Sideways:

It was ... interesting. Good acting, I did think Paul Giamatti deserved a nomination for an Oscar. Thomas Haden Church was better IMO (I still can't believe it's the guy from Wings). The story was kinda slow, alot of useless information about wine. Another one of those movies that really didn't have a point to it.

National Treasure:

Just a fun adventure, historical action movie. Not re-inventing the wheel or anything, but if you just want to be entertained by a movie for a couple of hours, I suggest it highly. Just goes to show that not everything has to be high brow, black comedy, screwed up, no story line movie to be good, or considered good.

It's all gone Pete Tong

was awesome, saw the advance screening last night. It opened in NY and LA late last month. If you live in a city it happens to be playing, I highly recommend.

I have a feeling the rodent lovers out there might be a bit disturbed by the main character Frankie's "demon" side, which is played by a human sized skunk-looking rodent. It was a trip!

-the link to the trailer is on my post on the prev. page-

scott

I wanted to see Crash, but was outvoted or something and saw Unleashed instead. Normally I don't care for Jet Li movies, but I'll have to admit, this one was pretty darn good. I thought it did a pretty good job of combining action and drama, and Morgan Freeman was great as always. I'm not ready to start handing Jet Li an Oscar for his acting, but I liked this film a lot. B+ 8/10