TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movies, Movies, Movies.....

robbalvey

Just saw Coco early this afternoon...

Wow what a movie! Definitely one of The Best that Disney and Pixar have produced.

And I never knew you could make so many many individual and unique faces with...skulls.

Great film. Lots of wonderful Mexican mariachi music too. Must get the soundtrack.

Coco2017.jpeg.61aeca3ad0a0efb5539235bb57480470.jpeg

^ We knew it was going to be shown ahead of the main feature. It was enjoyable, actually.

Some good laughs provided by Olaf, of course. We just didn't know it was going to be that long!

I figured it would be as long as the other short they did, "Frozen Summer"? Or something like that.

But 20+ minutes actually pushed it, I felt. All in all, it was fun, a couple of neat songs in it, and

I'm only sad that Hans (who is this Hans?) didn't show up in it, somehow.

I saw Disaster Artist this weekend and it was spectacular. If you have seen the Room, it's a must. If you haven't seen the Room, it's also a must. For those unfamiliar, the Room is a contender for one of the worst movies ever made. It's one of those movies so bad that it's funny. Everything from the acting to the dialogue to the plot is just off.

James Franco absolutely nailed it and it was hard to tell him apart from Tommy Wiseau. Everything from his mannerisms to the voice was perfect. The movie reenacts some of the movie's most iconic scenes and tries to explain some of the oddities such as a dude having sex with a woman's belly button.

Anyone see the new behind the scenes video for Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? They build a little rollercoaster to record one of the scenes, I assume there will be a scene with the gyrosphere falling from somewhere...

At the 2:06 mark

Clipboard01.thumb.jpg.bbf94ff39d460963b7ebc15c3bf3abe5.jpg

Clipboard02.thumb.jpg.734ce768b365c3cc43c904e282ba04a2.jpg

I'm mostly surprised at how sophisticated the track design is. For such a simple and temporary track, you would have thought it would be sufficient with a simple two-tube track, but this almost look like something a real coaster manufacturer could have created.

That's really cool! I wonder if they used one of the manufacturer's we're familiar with for that track. It definitely looks too elaborate to be something in-house.

I was thinking the same thing. It uses a box spine. B&M is the only active company I can think of that uses that style. But it's a two-abreast vehicle. Giavanola used a similar style box track on their Six Flags Hypers, but even that looks wider than the track used in filming.

At the same time, I wonder if this is also being used as a test by Universal to see how a gyrosphere coaster could work at one or more of their parks.

I just tweeted about this trailer. So what did everyone else think? To me, the movie is setting up to be super depressing if you're going to kill off like 90% of the dinosaurs that were living on the island!!!! And then they committed my cardinal sin of bad science...a human outrunning a pyroclastic flow on foot!!?!?!? GRRRR!!!!!

Oh the other hand...Jeff Goldblum.

I just tweeted about this trailer. So what did everyone else think? To me, the movie is setting up to be super depressing if you're going to kill off like 90% of the dinosaurs that were living on the island!!!! And then they committed my cardinal sin of bad science...a human outrunning a pyroclastic flow on foot!!?!?!? GRRRR!!!!!

Oh the other hand...Jeff Goldblum.

When I watch movies, I have to remember that a 4th grader knows more science than the director. "Science" to a director is basically plot convenience.