TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movies, Movies, Movies.....

robbalvey

yesterday night I saw Rogue One A Star Wars Story and I believe I got a new favorite Star Wars movie.

I had no idea what to expect but this movie changed the way I look at the original movie. I laughed, I cried, I enjoyed the easter eggs to the original and the Rebels tv-serie. The characters really drove the story and I think K2SO is my new favorite droid, he really is the best of C3PO combined with the "free spirit" of R2-D2.

My advise is to go and enjoy the movie.

Just for the sake of rating this: 8 to a 9 out of 10

^ We went to see Rogue One yesterday, and I really agree. This is the absolute best of any Star Wars movie after the original trilogy without a doubt--and maybe even better than the originals. I'll need to digest, but I think my ranking would go 5/Rogue One/6/4/7/3/all the rest are crap. The storytelling is amazing, and the ending is emotionally moving. I won't say any more, because I don't want to spoil anything. But if you've been on the fence about it, go see it. Whereas Force Awakens was very much dependent on nostalgia, Rogue One nods to the original but is very much its own story. Go see this; it's one of the best movies of the year. Seriously.

I quite enjoyed Rogue One as well! It's not my favorite Star Wars movie, but I like it about as much as I do The Force Awakens, which would place it just behind Empire Strikes Back and the original. That last few minutes of the movie however... Possibly my favorite part of ANY Star Wars movie! SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO awesome!!!

• 3 weeks later...

I saw Moana again and liked it more than the first time. They did a really great job with it. Also, I've been listening to the music more and I like it more and more. Not nearly at the Frozen level, but it's still a great soundtrack.

Has anyone seen Passenger? I'm thinking of seeing that one, but not sure it's worth the money.

We just saw SING.

Fun movie, with a lot of song bites (?) throughout it.

Loved the original song for Ash. And enjoyed a lot more,

beyond the repeating trailers.

I definitely want to get the DVD of it, when it's released.

8 out of 10 Popcorn Boxes.

(And hooray for light up squids!)

sing.jpg.eab8fb71ba2c0fa69f8fb92293fd2c67.jpg

I love the Deadpool poster. It's hilarious.

And I loved that movie. It was a lot of fun.

But some people are seriously talking like it deserves a Best Picture nomination.

But if it get a BP nom, Hollywood is officially dead. Close up shop. Just watch indie or French or German or Korean movies...

Interesting, that while they now allow up to ten films to be Oscar nominated, only nine got the nom, today.

And "La La Land" got 14 nominations? Matching "Titanic's" noms? That's wild. About 5 more noms than "Chicago" got.

http://www.oscars.org/oscars/ceremonies/2017

Also, I choose ZOOTOPIA over MOANA...and why no Finding Dory Oscar Nom Love?

Recent thought. I am now wondering what the 10th film was, available for an Oscar Nom? Could it be possible that

DEADPOOL actually hit the top ten in votes, but The Academy couldn't bring them self to allowing the nomination?

• 1 month later...

I found a page about the "cost" of running the Academy Awards, everything from where it it's held,

to the envelopes, the statues, and swag bags of course! They went through the 2015 Awards as an example.

Total cost to the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences for the 2015 Oscars: US$42,651,300

And you complained about Cineplex prices.

Whoever handed Beatty the other Best Actress envelope (it was explained, there were

two sets of envelopes in two cases, opposite sides of the stage), wasn't paying attention.

So, they'll just cut his hand off, I suppose.

Congrats to Moonlight for the actual Win, and all the other nominees and winners!

...and the (yes!) Great News about the BEST PICTURE flub,

was that the "La La Land" group was so gracious, and got

off the stage as best/fast as they could, under the circumstances.

They were very classy in handling it. Kudos to them!

^ Actually I enjoyed it, and the choreography was beautifully done,

and the Sting number, instead of the one that won, from "La La Land".

Either of those I'd of been happy with, winning.

(I'm still not a Huge Totally HAMILTON Fanboi, sorry.)

• 4 weeks later...

So, I was wondering what everyone thought about the new Beauty and the Beast.

All shows were sold out when I went. I did manage to get 2 seats together Saturday night that wasn't right at the screen. I want to go see it again!

What did everyone think?

I think the entire cast did an awesome job. Was very impressed with Emma Watson in this. Josh Gad and Luke Evans were hysterical together.

There was a bit more information in this movie than there was in the 1991 version. You find out what happened to Belle's mother. Timelines seem to be fixed and it makes sense.

So, I was wondering what everyone thought about the new Beauty and the Beast.

All shows were sold out when I went. I did manage to get 2 seats together Saturday night that wasn't right at the screen. I want to go see it again!

What did everyone think?

I think the entire cast did an awesome job. Was very impressed with Emma Watson in this. Josh Gad and Luke Evans were hysterical together.

There was a bit more information in this movie than there was in the 1991 version. You find out what happened to Belle's mother. Timelines seem to be fixed and it makes sense.

I saw it yesterday and I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. I haven't seen the Disney original since I was a kid and I don't remember caring much for it back then, but this one was really well made!