TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movies, Movies, Movies.....

robbalvey

I just returned from trip to South Korea for work. I watched Mad Max Fury Road on the plane. (On a 12-hour flight you need something to pass the time!) I loved it. They really captured the spirit of the original Mad Max & Road Warrior. I don't watch many new movies, but I was glad I took a chance on this one!

We saw Now You See Me 2 this week. It was alright. The new actress in the mix was

very refreshing. Not as "statuesque" (attitude or lines) as the first one, but a good

comedy addition to the plot.

A lot of mind stuff, that you really had to listen to, especially when the SPOILERs were 'revealed.'

Very fast. Some stuff really couldn't be explained. And we didn't even try to sort it out, afterwards.

And it was fun to see Daniel Radcliffe acting as a villain, lol.

7/10 Popcorn Boxes

Just triple featured "The Conjuring 2," "Warcraft," and "Finding Dory."

"The Conjuring 2" is one of the best horror films I've seen in a long time. Top 5 film of the year so far for me and definitely worthy of a trip to the theater, just for the perfect atmosphere.

"Warcraft" was abysmal in pretty much every aspect aside from its decent visuals.

"Finding Dory" was a lot of fun. It's not top tier Pixar, but it's an extremely enjoyable film with lots of fun to be had.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone going to venture out to see Ghostbusters this coming weekend?

The path this movie has taken is one of the strangest I've seen. It blew up the internet with everyone wanting to kill it with fire, yet most reviews (that I'm seeing at least) seem to be in the "B- to B+" range. Most seem to call the movie a good popcorn flick where you can shut off your brain for two hours and have a good time doing so. Basically what most seem to want out of a Summer movie.

Just seems like the haters were out to get this movie from the beginning.

Anyone going to venture out to see Ghostbusters this coming weekend?

The path this movie has taken is one of the strangest I've seen. It blew up the internet with everyone wanting to kill it with fire, yet most reviews (that I'm seeing at least) seem to be in the "B- to B+" range. Most seem to call the movie a good popcorn flick where you can shut off your brain for two hours and have a good time doing so. Basically what most seem to want out of a Summer movie.

Just seems like the haters were out to get this movie from the beginning.

I'm hoping that it'll be a failure of Fan4stic level proportions.

Just came back from watching Independence Day: Resurgence, an extremely weak movie, even for a summer blockbuster! There are so many things wrong with this movie that I don't even know where to begin. I had very low expectations after talking to a friend who had seen it, but even so it still left me severely disappointed. What an absolute mess of a movie!

Personally, I find it better than Ghostbusters 2.

I feel like that's not really a high standard to beat. Probably not going to catch this one but when it eventually hits TV i'll go into it with an open mind. The cinema in my town is under construction so it takes quite a lot to get me out to the CGV but once it's built i'll probably see a lot more when they are released.

Just saw Ghostbusters. Yes it has a bad side, but it's way from awful. If you have a slight interest to see this film do it you literally have nothing to lose and perhaps it's worth it more then you thought. Off-course this movie wasn't going to beat Ghostbuster 1.

Liked it more then I thought I would.

Finding Dory 3D

We enjoyed it, especially the re-connection with most of the main

characters from the 'Nemo' film. Although this was really a centerpiece

voice performance for Ellen DeGeneres. But, dear gruff Ed O'Neil (from

Modern Family) played the Sep-to-pus who wants to be left a - lone! Great

voice performance from him, and the eyes and general shrugs, etc. were

really fun to watch. Kudos for the animators on Hank.

Not as many ' other characters' in this one we felt, as the number in the first one.

But they were all good. And very funny, too. And the animation of all the water

areas looked as beautiful and exotic as it's ever been done. Really beautiful.

AND - No Spoilers BUT - you need to sit through ALL of the credits.

Big surprise waiting for you, at The REAL End. Of a 1/2 filled theatre,

we were The Only Two People Left in the theatre, when the Surprise happened!

8 Popcorn Boxes out of 10

^ Finding Dory looks good. I'll probably stream it when it's available. I loved the first film. I didn't know Ed O'Neill voiced one of the characters! I don't watch Modern Family, but I remember Ed as Al Bundy from Married With Children... one of my favorite shows back when Fox was a brand new network.

I recently saw Airplane! (1980) and I loved it!

My favorite parts are the lines

"Surely you can't be serious" "I am serious, and don't call me Shirley"

And

"we got to take them to the hospital" "A hospital? What is it?" "A big building with patients, but that's not important right now"

Finding Dory looks good....I don't watch Modern Family, but I remember Ed as Al Bundy from Married With Children... one of my favorite shows back when Fox was a brand new network.

To me, this was Al Bundy....much much older, crankier (but less sexist)...and loveable.

And ^ we saw "Airplane!" when it first came out, and I remember the audience just pissing themselves

laughing, throughout the whole thing. And the "Shirley" line, was one of those outbursts. It was great!

I recently saw Airplane! (1980) and I loved it!

My favorite parts are the lines

"Surely you can't be serious" "I am serious, and don't call me Shirley"

And

"we got to take them to the hospital" "A hospital? What is it?" "A big building with patients, but that's not important right now"

My favorite of all time. Have seen it at least 25 times, including at the theater when it came out. Do we have clearance Clarance? Roger roger!

I wanna say something about GhostBusters real quick.

I thought the trailers were alright. I wasn't laughing much during them and I could see why people disliked them, but I didn't think it looked that bad and I was totally planning on seeing the film. However, all of a sudden the GhostBusters behind the camera people (I believe the director and some of the producers but idk) started addressing all of the negative criticism and instead of doing what most people would do and say something along the lines of "we can see why the fans are upset/we think the fans will be pleasantly surprised by the end product/it's all about the fans" they instead said "screw the fans they're just being sexist cause this movie is getting way more hate than it deserves". I feel like that response made myself and many other people really start to root against the film. I mean, you make a movie for the fans, and then when it gets some negative feedback you blame it on the fans. What the heck? So yeah, I'm not going to see this movie as I don't want to give any money to people who can't take criticism and I really hope this film does poorly to show the world that you just can't do that.

^I disagree. Much of the vitriol did spring from casting the movie with women. It was pretty plain to me, too.

I saw the movie, and enjoyed it. I recommend you do the same.

I don't have an issue with remakes in general. For example, the best version of The Maltese Falcon was the third one with Humphrey Bogart. If you're against remakes, there's no point is re-staging classic plays, either.

I guess it boils down to this: Is the remake warranted? Hollywood did remake Casablanca, but that version (starring David Soul) is rightfully forgotten.