TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movies, Movies, Movies.....

robbalvey

Walk The Line 10/10

Before I watched this movie, I knew hardly anything about Johnny Cash. But, afterwards, I realized that his life was full of huge problems and that you overcame them. Because of this movie, I now appreciate his music and what it says.

---Brent

i've seen all of the american pie movies before, but i had a marathon of all of them from american pie to band camp last night with my friends.

american pie---------------10/10

american pie 2-------------10/10

american wedding---------8/10

american pie: band camp-4/10

american pie- very funny movie, definitely in my top ten. its about a pact made by a group of friends (Jim, Stiffler, Oz, Kevin, and Finch) to get laid before prom

american pie- almost better than the original, about the group of friends renting a cabin on the lake, and once again, getting laid. the main character, Jim, begins to notice his love for band geek Michelle in this one.

american wedding- not as good as the original or the sequel, but still funny, this one's about Jim's wedding with Michelle.

american pie: band camp- it was not as good as the last 3, but it had a couple of semi-funny moments. Stiffler's little brother is sent by his new school counselor (the sherminator) to band camp to straighten him out. But stiffler's little brother has other plans for this untouched goldmine, and proves himself a true "Stiffmyster."

Benchwarmers 9/10

What a star lineup! Rob Schnieder, David Spade, and Jon Heder, it can't get any funnier than that! It was a very funny movie, kinda tried to give a lesson, but it was hilarious!

The Gods Must Be Crazy 8/10

Haha, my dad recommended this one. It was actually pretty funny. Kinda slow at the beginning, but got pretty funny later. I say you should probably see it.

---Brent

RENT - 11/10

I saw RENT the other week, and DAMN, I'm hooked! I never knew what the whole buzz about it really was until I actually saw the movie. WOW, it was just so amazing! I can kind of relate to it a bit more that other, considering I live really close to NYC. I've seen all the homeless people, and understand that their lives suck. I also understand how fast someone can turn from a good friend to a complete jerk (Benny, for those who saw it.) I also love the songs, especially "Tango:Maureen, La Vie Boheme and Rent. I love this movie!

Dark City 8/10

This was a pretty good movie, it had some unique moments in it.

I'm thinking of seeing "The Wild" but I don't think I will. Seeing the stories of it's downfall before comming out was not good signs and now seeing reviews of it make me want to say "I knew it" and "ouch"

Scary Movie 4- Not much more that I expected. A few parts were roll on the aisle laughing, but most of it was more of just kind of a single "Ha!" movie. I thought the best part was the spoofs of Saw.

*SPOILER* The girl (who doesn't look half bad) and a couple of other people end up in the Saw situation.

Saw Puppet Thing On The TV- "You will play a game for your lives"

Everybody- "Ahh!"

Saw Puppet Thing On The TV - " These devices will close on your head in 60 seconds, the only way to get them off is with a key"

Girl- (Looks around)

Saw Puppet Thing On The TV- "I will give you a clue" ( An X-Ray of a skull with a key behind the eye replaces him talking on the TV)

Girl- "Huh?"

Saw Puppet Thing On The TV- (back on the TV screen) "Ugh! here is another clue!"(knife comes out of wall)

Girl- (picks it up) "I have to cut something dont I?"

Saw Puppet Thing On The TV- "Well I guess that would be obvious"

Girl- (Puts knife on wrist)

Saw Puppet Thing On The TV- "No... It's behind your eye!"

Girl- "Ohhhhhh!" (slowly brings knife toward eye)

Saw Puppet Thing On The TV- (laughing) "Oh my gosh, this chick is actually about to do it! Haha,dude come here, watch this!" (another Saw Puppet Thing comes on to the TV with the other and both stare eagerly)

Girl- (Pops out eye) "Fake eye, bar fight in '96"

Then a bunch of other crap happens.

3/10 as a movie

8/10 as a comedy

~ ~ ~

Ice Age: The Meltdown

7/10

The animation was excellent, like the first IA film. But - I think just "getting away from approaching floodwaters" was being stretched a bit thin here.

The three guys were great in their parts. Q.Latifa was interesting. The 'possible love interest' was fun to watch.

I thought they were over-using the Skrat 'bit' waaaaaaay too much, just to extend time from scene to scene.

All in all, it's a good movie. I enjoyed it. But I think I enjoyed the first one more.

IMhO.

Musical Review-

Rent-8/10

-->I myself am a huge Renthead...I saw the Broadway musical July 2nd, 2005...I then saw the movie cast sing Seasons of Love and What You Own on August 4th on the Today Show, I was on tv 2ce!!!!

The only thing I didn't like about the movie is that the fashion that the principal characters wore wasn't 80s enough for my taste...The clothes were practically todays...

Producers-7/10

-->It was a really funny movie..The only set back is how the whole movie is practically staged down to every last light cue as if it were still on the St. Jame's theatre in Manhattan..

Musical Review-

Rent-8/10

The only thing I didn't like about the movie is that the fashion that the principal characters wore wasn't 80s enough for my taste...The clothes were practically todays...

Isn't Rent is set in the mid to late '90s...hence the lyrics "we're living in America...at the end of the Millenium...."?? I always assumed it was set in 1996, the year it opened.

-Julie

Silent Hill...8/10

Wow...that's all I have to say about this movie. While flawed, it's still the best video game to movie adaptation I have EVER seen. It's a bit long winded in some of the explanations, but it has a nice, creepy atmosphere, and some decent gore effects, which I'm always on the look out for in the sea of PG-13 horror.

I saw American Dreamz today. I liked it a lot more than I thought I would. Paul Weitz is one of my favorite directors for this type of movie, and I also like Hugh Grant and Dennis Quaid. The role that William Dafoe plays is the last thing I would ever expect to see him play. I thought the ending was rather awful, but other than that, the movie was decent.

Hostel 7/10

Finally bought it on DVD...it wasen't as scary as it was hyped to be...I mean Saw II was better than this movie. The parts that I did like was where the dude, got his revenge on the two gals and that ugly lookin dude that set him and his friends up to be slaughtered slowly...He hit the gas and ran those beyoootches down with the car (Revenge is sweet)...other than that..the eye-ball sence was quite great, but foul..hey, it's a horror flick right.

Fun with Dick & Jane 9/10

On of the funniest movies that i've seen since "White Chicks". I laughed throughout this whole movie..overall great movie.

Date Movie 6/10

Huh...another "Scary Movie/Not another teen movie" effort...wasen't as funny as I hoped it would be. The beginning was hilarious though...a heavy-set girl (really a bodysuit) dancing and doing all kinds of sexy poses..but looking super foul in the process.

Miss Congeniality 2: Armed & Fabulous 10/10

I finally saw this movie (Sad...it's been out forever)...I love Sandra Bullock...all of her movies (Especially "The Net") are great. This movie was funny and I love seeing gals beat guys up.

I figured out the "Twist" of "The 6th Sense" mere minutes into the movie. Didn't figure out the twist in "Unbreakable" but redeemed myself with "The Village" where I guessed at the ending before it started. Apparently me and M. Night Shylaman are on the same wave-length.

Last movie I rented was "The Man Who Wasn't There", Coen Bros. Very good. Last movie I saw was "Syriana". Also very good.

Next movie I am going to see is "DaVinci Code" I read the book Before it got to be the biggest selling book since the Bible. Loved it then, can't wait. Read the other Dan Brown books-you won't be disappointed.

Had to post in this Fourm...

Now, I usually don't write reviews on Movies unless I REALLY like them and think they relay a good message.

The Chumscrubber

Many people have probably never even heard of this movie. I wouldn't have known about it if I wasn't searching through Apple.com and came across the trailer, but the trailer cannot prepair you for what this movie actually is.

I think every parent should watch this movie. The movie is basically about how parents are usually blind to the fact of what their kids are doing. Also how they think they can cure their kids of any "problems" they may have by giving them Pills such as Riddelin or Adderall.

The Chumscrubber plot is a dark comedy about the seemingly idyllic suburbia.. It all begins when Dean Stiffle (Jamie Bell) finds the body of his friend, Troy. He doesn't bother telling any of the adults because he knows they won't care. Everyone in town is too self consumed to worry about anything else than themselves. And everybody is on some form of drug just to get themselves through the day. After Troy's death, local drug dealers (Camilla Belle, Justin Chatwin, Lou Taylor Pucci) at the school run out of their stash. They convince Dean to get Troy's stash or they are going to kill his brother that they kidnapped. (Taken from IMDB)

The ending of this movie is also great, but I won't give it away, you'll just have to watch it for yourself.

Raiting: 10/10

Well, I bought if few movies today...some old some new...heres what I thought:

Domestic Disturbance: Rating 10/10

Movies like this and "Enough"...I love them! Not just because they are about domestic violence, but the plot of these movies are somewhat unpredictable...I mean we know what's going to happen, but the "How" is questionable. The whole movie was great, but the "Big Fight Sence" at the end was great.

Final Destination: Rating 8/10

Well, of course I've seen it before...but it's been a while and I forgot about some of the things in the movie, so I bought the Dvd. The movie and it's concept is still one of most originals ever made, wether most want to admit it or not. I love all three of the Final Destination films....but the third is the most surprising. The best part in this movie to me was the sence where the "teach" was killed and the house blew up.

XXX: State of Union: Rating 8/10

I tried to convince myself that this wouldn't be better than the original... But it was better. More action times 2. I loved the souped up truck that Ice Cube and Xzibit drove when on their way to the White House. I also liked how they "jacked" a tank, and the tank shoot out battle.

Die Hard 2: Die Harder: Rating 10/10

This movie maybe a bit old, but I've always wanted to see the Die Hard Series..I happen to stumble upon this Dvd in Suncoast at the mall. I loved the movie, filled with alot of action: shooting, chasing, explosions and near impossible situations. I love alot of Bruce Willis's movies: Hostage, Fifth Element, Sixth Sense ect.