TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movies, Movies, Movies.....

robbalvey

It's BTTF day today. Going to try and catch a showing of it and part 2 in cinema this weekend since I can't make today's showing due to work.

Here's me using the theme as a wedding march since in Korea the groom needs music anyway and the standard He's a pirate wasn't really for me:

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

Saw The Martian over the weekend. Loved it. Perhaps my favorite film of the year, or at least tied with Mad Max: Fury Road. A movie about smart people solving problems with science was a nice change of pace from the average celebration of stupidity that plagues our entertainment (especially television). Highly recommended.

dt

Saw The Martian over the weekend. Loved it. Perhaps my favorite film of the year, or at least tied with Mad Max: Fury Road. A movie about smart people solving problems with science was a nice change of pace from the average celebration of stupidity that plagues our entertainment (especially television). Highly recommended.

dt

We went and saw PAN this afternoon. We enjoyed it.

I loved the visual beauty of not just one pirate ship being able to fly.

Hugh Jackman was way over the top, but the change of reason vs.

madness was fun to watch and hear. And the kid who played Pan was good, too.

There were only four of us in the theatre. Too bad. I don't think it's as

bad as it's currently being/been reviewed.

7/10

I saw Bridge of Spies Tuesday and Steve Jobs today. Loved them both. The latter might be the best picture I've seen all year, and I really loved The Martian, Love and Mercy, and Straight Outta Compton...and Mad Max: Fury Road was excellent as well...

It's been an excellent year for movies IMO, and perhaps the best is yet to come...

• 2 weeks later...

Saw Spectre yesterday. It was generally good with nice action sequences (some were great) but overall the plot and ending were a little meh..... (in my view). I also expected a little more from Christoph Waltz as the villain. It was fun, nonetheless.

Well the last Hunger Games film was a bust. Maybe about twenty minutes of plot in a two-hour-plus movie. So it moved along very slowly, lots of redundant scenes to help pad out the story. Recommended only for those who want closure after seeing the first three movies.

^I don't get the appeal of Hunger Games. I saw the first two flicks when they came out on DVD and just sort of shrugged (no interest in seeing the finale). But I guess I"m not part of the core audience for this series.

^I don't get the appeal of Hunger Games. I saw the first two flicks when they came out on DVD and just sort of shrugged (no interest in seeing the finale). But I guess I"m not part of the core audience for this series.

Yeah, me too. I like the basic story and a lot of the actors/actresses involved, but I watched the first one, and I was like "yeah, that was OK", and I was pretty much over it.

Maybe you have to have read the books...or like, be under 40....to really like them...

Wow, Spectre is pretty terrible. Which is a shame, since Skyfall was so good, and they had a lot of cool ideas they could have worked with here, but the don't do anything interesting with any of them (especially the villain). Daniel Craig looks agitated throughout, and there is zero dramatic tension. Some of the action sequences are OK, but the ending of the film is just dumb and exceptionally uneventful.

At least the volume in the IMAX theater was at maximum, and every time something blew up the building shook. That amused.

dt

I enjoyed Spectre, but the whole "the villain is just trying to make the world a better place" thing is starting to get a bit old. I loved the opening sequence and was thoroughly entertained by the rest of it, however the ending was a bit lame in my opinion. And they didn't really use Christoph Waltz as much as they should have.

There was nothing wrong with the film, but it didn't really wow me or do anything unexpected. I'd probably give it a B+.

I'm excited to see Mockingjay- Part Two on Saturday. Part One was my favorite in the film series so far (unpopular opinion, I know), even though the book was my least favorite. I'm hearing some mixed reviews for this one though...

We saw Spectre yesterday.

Yeah, well....

Let's see. He has a fling in Mexico City; then the widow of the guy he killed; then the daughter of the guy who killed himself.

It was alright. Lots of noise and freaky car chases. But for some reason, to me, it all seemed more "casual" than it should be.

It's a phase, right? I hope so.

Spectre sounds like a good movie to skip.

We would like to see Spotlight as the reviews thus far have been extremely good. Given that my partner is originally from Boston, he saw how the Boston Globe broke down the whole priest pedophilia scandal so he is very interested in seeing this one.