TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movies, Movies, Movies.....

robbalvey

I saw Stay Awake...err Alive as well yesterday. Eh, it's gets a A for effort on the concept. But everything else just fell apart too fast. Being a PG-13 horror really hurts it. They cut off before someone gets killed which really sucks.

I really can't wait till Silent Hill comes out, it looks really good for a video game movie.

I saw Stay Awake...err Alive as well yesterday. Eh, it's gets a A for effort on the concept. But everything else just fell apart too fast. Being a PG-13 horror really hurts it. They cut off before someone gets killed which really sucks.

Ohhhhh yes...the ever-present scourge of PG-13 horror, or "Pussy Horror" as I call it. We all have "The Ring" to thank for this stupid trend. And don't let that trailer fool you...they'll find a way to make Silent Hill PG-13 as well. Mark my words.

Doug "If you want real horror, look at Japan's stuff" Booth

I watched The Village and School of Rock quite recently.

The Village is good, thrilling, nice atmosphere. I've liked M. Night Shyamalan's other movies too. It's still a bit dissapointing in the end.

School of Rock is better than I expected, nice humor, great acting by Jack Black, overall good movie.

So I went over to my cousins and we watched King Kong. Let me say IMO it was the cheesiest movies I have ever seen.

Good things:

-Had some good special effects

-Had at leased five seconds of suspense

Bad things:

-three hours is too long for a movie that isnt going anywhere

-The shaky camera and motion blur got annoying after a while

-Waists like 5 minutes showing King Kong looking back and fourth at the lady

-Completely unrealistic (ex. When the girl and King Kong are playing in the city, there is NO ONE around, Hundreds of bugs come out of no where)

-The natives were stupid looking (they tried too hard to make them look scary)

-Everything went wrong on the island. (ex. after the people are fighting off 20 dinosaurs, 50 giant bugs come and try to eat them)

-Very predictable

-Stupid ending (It spends alike 30 minutes showing King Kong on the building)

Thats just what I thought of the movie. Overall, IMO the movie is a waist of three hours.

^^ I thought School of Rock was great, especially for Jack Black.

We actually thought it was one of the best movies he'd done, past or (now) present.

I mean, he had to be "toned down" somewhat, in King Kong. And most of everything else he's done, he's been allowed to go mostly manic, as per usual... Remember guys, I said most of everything.

That said, I thought even tho it was a lot of 'the same' from him, it all worked to the movie's favor, especially with the great kids that were in it, acting and creating their band.

Yep. We definitely thought it was one of Black's best films.

Yeah I did not care much for the new version of King Kong either. You can watch the original version 2 times in the time it takes to watch the original. IMO, if you are going to remake movies, why not remake movies that are unknown or were done poorly (but had a good story) instead of well known classics.

Inside Man was a wonderful movie. It kinda reminded me of Phone Booth but at the same time was different. A great ending and movie overall!

I just got back from She's the Man, and it was actually enjoyable. I was skeptical because it looked like a chick flick/typical plot movie, which is may have been, but it was enjoyable. I wasn't disappointed.

Ice Age The Meltdown 9/10

I wasn't expecting much from this movie, but when I walked out of that theater, I was cracking up. Defenitly better than the first on and a lot more friendly to the older audience unlike the first one. I say you should go see it.

---Brent

I rented "The Squid and The Whale" Yesterday, a film about two teen boys in the 1980's whose writer parents are going through a divorce. It's a quirky drama/comedy that has some interesting, and amusing moments, but it seems disjointed with some of its moments (A few of which are rather icky and unneccessary), plus it ended a bit too abruptly for my taste. 6/10

I saw Slither the other night, and I liked it. It sucked, but it was supposed to. It was a horror movie, but also a comedy, sort of in the same category as Shaun of the Dead. The mayor of the town was by far my favorite character in the movie. Overall, it was really very good actually. I thought it would suck, but it didn't. If it tried to be serious, then with this plot, yes, it would be a bad movie. But, it doesn't. It was funny as it is supposed to be and I recommend it.

The last movie i saw was She's the Man. I thought it would just be good, but it was actually really damn funny.

Once during the movie my friend and I laughed for like three minutes straight. We were practically on the floor laughing while every one else there had gotten over it way before us. Personally, I find putting a tampon in your nose comedic gold...

Last night, I saw Ice Age II: The Meltdown;

The sequel to the 2002 CGI film about a trio of prehistoric animals come back again for another adventure. This time, the movie was somewhat political if you got the message. This one is about the horror of... GLOBAL WARMING!!1

Anyways, since all of the animals lived in a bowl-shaped valley and the dam that held in the water was about to break. So, the animals become convinced to get out of the valley and go to this Noah's Ark type thing at the other end of the valley. Each of the three characters have stories, Manny tries to find love to procreate his doomed species, Sid... is uh, just Sid, and Diego (like any feline) is afraid of water.

Of course, the ending is a little generic for a movie of its type. But, the movie is a great family movie. Its almost what I would expect from Pixar movies; 8.5/10.