TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movies, Movies, Movies.....

robbalvey

^ The movie and the comic have almost nothing to do with each other. They share the name and the same number of characters in the team, but they said early on that they were really taking this franchise and making more of a "Disney" movie out of it and less of a "Marvel" film.

^ The movie and the comic have almost nothing to do with each other. They share the name and the same number of characters in the team, but they said early on that they were really taking this franchise and making more of a "Disney" movie out of it and less of a "Marvel" film.

Ah interesting. I actually prefer it when a adaptation goes in a different direction than the source material.

So happy to hear that "Big Hero 6" was amazing! I too agree that San Fransokyo looks like a really cool place and I would totally love to see an area themed around it to come to the Disney parks.

Actually...didn't Tokyo DisneySEA announce that they were planning to add another port to the park but were vague on details?

This may just be me being hopeful, but maybe...

I saw Big Hero 6, so here's my review!

I LOVED it! Baymax is probably my favorite of the characters. I'm glad Disney moved away from all of the musicals. Frozen was good, but it was a bit over-hyped. I like how Disney moved away from the "Prince Charming" theme that was in almost every movie. Frozen felt redundant, because it was still basically a musical. I know that Big Hero 6 is technically a Marvel comic, but it was nice to get away from all the music. I like that Disney tried something different.

If there's one complaint I have, it's that the characters are built around loss. In almost every Disney movie, someone has to die. I don't want to spoil it for you, but expect someone to die. It would be nice to see Disney deal with another sad topic, like a 1940's movie where the main character has Polio. Other than that, GREAT movie.

And now there's a Baymax drink container, at the Disney parks.

BayMax2014.jpg.dec0fefd0c802f4cf9325e9d404fa56a.jpg

I want, I want, I want. Although it does look like the straw is an axe in BM's head, lol. Photo from Disney Park Blogs.

I have to say, I was looking forward to this movie since the first teaser trailers were released with just Baymax, I've never laughed out loud so much during a movie preview before. And Robb is absolutely right, you never lose track of the characters and you end up feeling emotion for all of them.

You'll experience a plethora of emotions in this film, I totally loved it more than Frozen! I want to see it again!

I need something Big Hero 6 for my desk at work now!

I'm glad Disney moved away from all of the musicals.

What's strange about your comment is that Disney had moved away from the musicals for a long, long time. Before Frozen, the last really notable musical film from them was probably Lion King. Sure there were others, and more recently Tangled and Princess & The Frog, which were both good, but not on that same level that Lion King, Aladdin, Beauty & The Beast, Little Mermaid, and now Frozen is.

Personally, I'd like to see them do MORE musicals, but do them right.

What impressed me about Big Hero 6 is not that it wasn't a musical, but Disney Animation studios proved they can do "Adventureland" just as well as they can "Fantasyland." Think back to the last Adventureland movies they did: Atlantis, Treasure Planet, etc, yeah, not good.

Big Hero 6, IMO was just as good and entertaining as Incredibles, and that's one of my all-time favorite Pixar movies.

The solution is not to stop making musicals, but to continue making higher quality films in general. Disney Animation is certainly going in the right direction.

^Is Big Hero 6 more of an Adventureland type of movie or a Tomorrowland type of movie?

I really want to see it, but most of the people I know aren't interested at all in seeing it, which surprises me. Maybe all these rave reviews will convince them.

Interstellar:

A feast for the eyes, ears and brain, Interstellar is just great. Visually stunning and with a surprising amount of heart within it, Interstellar is an enthralling sci-fi adventure unlike most. Hans Zimmer creates one of his best scores yet, a new cinematographer for Nolan gives us some amazing shots and McConaughey shines in the lead role. The dialogue is a bit clunky at times, and oddly tough to understand or even hear due to some blaring sound. The movie COULD be hard to follow for some. Overall, though, a movie that needs to be seen to be believed.

^Is Big Hero 6 more of an Adventureland type of movie or a Tomorrowland type of movie?

It's a figure of speech, not a literal description. And when I used to work with Disney Animation, this is what they would refer to movies that didn't revolve around "Fantasyland."

Saw Interstellar last night, and it's one of my favorite movies of the year. I liked how the storyline wasn't predictable and kept me on the edge of my seat. The visuals are terrific. Matthew McConaughey and Anne Hathaway were both great in their roles. The score by Hans Zimmer is also wonderful. In the world of space movies, it's one of the best ones, and I think I'd choose Interstellar over Gravity. I'll be surprised if Interstellar doesn't win any Academy Awards. I highly recommend seeing it if you have a chance.

Also, I might have to see Big Hero 6 soon too considering all the positive reviews it has on here.

Does anyone else here have a Top 10 for 2014 thus far? There are still TONS of movies I'd love to see (Nightcrawler, Birdman, Fury, Big Hero 6, etc.), but haven't gotten to see (hopefully seeing BH6 in two weeks). I've seen 24 movies from this year; here's the Top 10:

1. The Raid 2

2. Interstellar

3. The Grand Budapest Hotel

4. X-Men: Days of Future Past

5. Guardians of the Galaxy

6. The Lego Movie

7. Dawn of the Planet of the Apes

8. Lone Survivor

9. Edge of Tomorrow

10. Captain America: The Winter Soldier

I watched Snowpiercer on Netflix the other night. I know people are saying it was unwatchable, but I really liked it. Then again I love dystopias and it is one of the better ones I've seen lately.

I really enjoyed it as well. I thought it was a great premise for a movie, and although the acting was a little off at times, overall I'd give it a solid B.

Edited by ernierocker

Interstellar:

A feast for the eyes, ears and brain, Interstellar is just great. Visually stunning and with a surprising amount of heart within it, Interstellar is an enthralling sci-fi adventure unlike most. Hans Zimmer creates one of his best scores yet, a new cinematographer for Nolan gives us some amazing shots and McConaughey shines in the lead role. The dialogue is a bit clunky at times, and oddly tough to understand or even hear due to some blaring sound. The movie COULD be hard to follow for some. Overall, though, a movie that needs to be seen to be believed.

I watched it just a few hours ago. It was the film I was looking forward to the most this year and I wasn't disappointed. I agree that it might be hard to follow for some but then you already know it will/may be given that it's from Christopher Nolan.

Overall it was great for the reasons you mentioned. One of the if not the best one I've seen this year.

and with a surprising amount of heart within it

True. I already knew he knows how to mess with our emotions also thanks to Hans Zimmer's brilliant soundtracks but this one was more intense on that area.

I watched Snowpiercer on Netflix the other night. I know people are saying it was unwatchable, but I really liked it. Then again I love dystopias and it is one of the better ones I've seen lately.

I really enjoyed it as well. I thought it was a great premise for a movie, and although the acting was a little off at times, overall I'd give it a solid B.

Ya Tilda Swinton's character was a bit campish and I thought the Korean couple was out of place. But the premise was great and there was some nice action scenes.