TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movies, Movies, Movies.....

robbalvey

I'm an old guy and huige movie geek who doesn't really have much of a taste for the newer CGI-fueled, explosions and car crash kind of big budget summer popcorn flicks.

But last night I went to see Guardians of the Galaxy in 3-D IMAX and it was freaking AMAZING!

I laughed my butt off! It looked amazing! The 3-D was fantastic!

Man, what an awesome movie...

Dang....Robin Williams is dead. Apparent suicide.

I was watching Hook the other day as well with my students , although I can see people are already posting about it on the dead celebrities thread: http://themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=51312&start=1270

I finally saw a 4Dx movie here in Korea, I saw How To Train Your Dragon 2, I'm glad I experienced one since they seem unique to Korea for now, but I'm not sure i'll see another one in 4d. In a theme park it's fine but for a long movie it was basically slightly tilting seats and a wind machine which was more distracting than anything and one or two times I felt the wind machine drowned out dialogue and music. I'm not a tall guy by any means but my knees got a whack or two during the movie when the seats in front tilted back. The cinema also boosted SoundX which i'm not quite sure what it is but there were a lot of speakers, maybe to compensate for the wind machine.

• 2 weeks later...

^I was quite disappointed by Expendables 3. I really enjoyed the 2nd (haven't watched the 1st) and was expecting more. I thought the 2nd was funnier and had better action scenes and, overall, was just more enjoyable.

• 2 weeks later...
Just saw November Man. Very good thriller/action movie, with some good plot twists. Had a J. Bond feel to it with Brosnan in the lead.

Was looking for something to see this coming weekend, and going by the above thats enough to get me to see it.

Just saw November Man. Very good thriller/action movie, with some good plot twists. Had a J. Bond feel to it with Brosnan in the lead.

Was looking for something to see this coming weekend, and going by the above thats enough to get me to see it.

Report back on what you thought.

Really enjoyed it, worked parts of it out about half way in. One of the better summer movies.

Really enjoyed it, worked parts of it out about half way in. One of the better summer movies.

Glad you liked it. I never give much credit to review sites like Rotten Tomatoes. I go to a movie to be entertained, not necessarily looking for an Academy Award film.

^Interesting that you both liked it as Rotten Tomatoes gave it 36%. I guess it's one of those films that don't really appeal to critics but do a fine job at entertaining you.

That was the thing about it for 90 or so minutes I was entertained, it did what it set out to do. Was it one of the best movies ever, no. But it was a crap load of fun, grab a coke some popcorn sit back and enjoy.

The Maze Runner was surprisingly good. I liked it because it wasn't your stereotypical young adult dystopian movie. Good acting, plenty of action, and some interesting plot twists. It was a lot better than Divergent in my opinion.

Good to hear that Maze Runner is worth checking out.

I saw The Boxtrolls last night, definitely a good surprise. Might not be to everyone's taste but if Nightmare Before Christmas and Paranorman are your thing I would certainly recommend this one. Not the typical plot-light kids film - superb animation, unique story and some very memorable characters. Judge for yourself whether it's better than Frozen...