TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movies, Movies, Movies.....

robbalvey

So captain america was fantastic. I see what the hype was all about. I do recommend if you're into the marvel universe.

Also saw they movie Oculus. I was surprised because the story was deeper and more interesting than I thought and very clever. But It just wasn't scary like it was advertised. I wouldn't put it in the horror category more like the supernatural thriller. I'll give it an 6.9

inAPPropriate Comedy

Just junk. Do not watch. Watch Movie 43 or Jack and Jill or Oogieloves or something else instead. Watching this movie will make you want to punch everyone involved. Only watch if you enjoy unfunny, dragging-on, racist humor about Mexicans, Gays, Jews, African Americans, Asians, and Middle Easterns. Basically picture Carlos Mencia without the punchlines.

Also boycott Slap Chops and Shamwows cause no money needs to be given to the director.

Two movie reviews:

CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOLDIER

7/10 The movie was kind of boring. The storyline was.... eh, and there weren't too many action scenes until the end. It was an OK movie, but it's not as good as the first movie.

OCULUS

6/10 The movie was interesting, but very confusing. It was hard to keep up with the plot. I think the trailers over-hyped the movie.

Since I finished the Firefly series not too long ago, I picked up Serenity. It's a great movie.

The characters were well-written. The action scenes were fantastically done. The ending was great. The CG was incredible - plenty of amazing scenes to look at. The story started off okay, but the payoff was fully worth it. Half the movie was just setup for the action at the end.

I'd say it's on par with some of the better Firefly episodes if not better than those. 4.5/5 only for the movie taking a while to set up the action. Once the story gets going, it really sucks you in.

Our movie viewing this weekend:

Captain America: The Winter Soldier - The best comic book movie since The Avengers. In fact, The Avengers is the only comic book movie I'd rank above this one. It's more of a spy movie than a superhero film, and there are a lot of cool action sequences. The plot is a bit predictable if you've read a lot of spy novels or seen a lot of spy films, but it's still fun, and there's one decent "surprise" in the film (and one thing that surprised me that didn't happen, so I suppose that's two). Highly recommended.

American Hustle - Well acted, well written, and I enjoyed it, but I doubt I'd ever watch it again. It's very slow at the beginning, and if the performances were not as great as they were, I likely would have given up on it. The second half was much better, it just took way too long to get there. Whoever was the music editor for this is a genius, as the song selection for the scenes was PERFECT. Worth a rental, but not as great as the hype lead me to believe.

dt

Saw Rio 2 the other day because I liked the first and I was treating my sister for getting accepted into the army (she starts phase one in September). I tried not to hold expectations but I was still expecting a lot of what made the original good. It was pretty mediocre unfortunately, far too many characters and too much plot and they never really made any effort to develop them. The music was good but I can't remember a single song from the film. Nicely animated though and gotta love the HTTYD2 trailer before hand, although for a film aimed for children there were way too many adverts. Like, 30 minutes of adverts. Sort it out, Odeon.

I saw The Raid 2 yesterday. I'm not sure if I liked it more than the first one or not, but it certainly has a much larger budget than the last one. It also has a more involved plot line (a combo of The Godfather and The Departed), which means there are occasional stretches where people are not punching each other in the skulls. But never fear, the action sequences are completely insane, and get better as the film goes on. If you like crazy over the top fight sequences and are not turned off by violence, this will entertain.

Plus, it's totally worth seeing just for something I like to call One Girl, Two Hammers.

dt

Well, there's a new trailer to behold. Robb might really dig this one...

Jersey Boys!

[youtu_be]http://youtu.be/fY0YmsVNq_Q[/youtu_be]

One of the best shows I've ever seen. The material definitely lends itself to translate well to the screen, but this is also EXTREMELY dependent on the talent. Honestly, I'm not sold on Frankie. I know he's the guy that played Frankie in the original Broadway run and I'm sure once I see the entire movie I'll further appreciate his ability. From this trailer, though, he sounds a bit too hollow.

Still can't wait to see this, though!

I am extremely excited for the Jersey Boys film. The show is one of my favorites, so I have high hopes for the movie.

I have never seen the stage show but the movie looks really good!!!

I think I want to see Stage Fright and Wolf Creek 2.

I promised myself I'd get caught up on more movies and TV shows in the past few weeks. Here's quick rundown of what I watched.

- Ghostbusters (5/5) - What a fun movie. Great cast, great special effects, fun story. I'll definitely be watching this again.

- Robocop (5/5) - Another fun movie. Has plenty of over the top violence, 80s cheese, and tons of funny moments. The special effects are fantastic too.

- Robocop reboot (3/5) - Yeah after watching the original, this wasn't as good. I felt the movie tried taking itself too seriously. I like how they developed the main character a bit more in this one, but I feel the original did everything else better.

- Nightmare Before Christmas (5/5) - A tad short, but a definite holiday classic. The musical numbers alone are to die for.

- District 9 (5/5) - Wow! Best movie I've seen in a while. Great characters, engaging story, tons of action and mindless violence. Special effects were amazing too.

I have a few more movies to check out in the pipeline. Plus I need to get out and see Muppets and Captain America 2.

Just seem Memento and I thought it was really good. I enjoy this type of film where you have to keep concentrating and definitely wasn't expecting the ending (actually I was expecting that I wouldn't be expecting the ending at all ). One more great Christopher Nolan piece!

Black Hawk Down: Never heard of it before and decided to give it a shot based on the reviews on Netflix. I was blown away. A lot of people argue about the politics and all that, but the film is about being a soldier and being there for your friends and allies no matter the cost. And I think that's really amazing. I own the movie now.

The LEGO Movie: Biggest surprise of ... well of recent memory. When I was invited by some friends to go see the film shortly after release I wasn't sure what I was in for and kept my expectations low. What it turned into was four 20-something year old dudes laughing our rear-ends off throughout most of the film, and then singing "Everything is AWESOME!" all the way home.