TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movies, Movies, Movies.....

robbalvey

So the incredibles 2 and cars 3 is coming, A few years ago despite Toy Story 2 (which I really liked) I'd never have expected them to be a company that would churn out sequels almost as much as their original films (although out of all the movies I always thought The Incredibles was one of the ones that could tell more story), I always imagined them being more like Studio Ghibli and churning out one story and moving on unless they really really felt there was more story to tell, I liked Toy story 2 and 3 but didn't like cars 2 at all and Monsters University was fun but the first was much better and didn't seem like a story that really needed telling. But then I also felt Finding Nemo didn't really need more story told but we've got Finding Dory coming soon.

Edited by Garet

^Incredibles 2 was sort of set up at the end of the first film, so I'm surprised it's taken them this long to announce it.

Not sure how I feel about Cars 3. I thought the original film was great, but Cars 2 was terrible, then Cars Land was awesome, and the Planes spin-off was really terrible. If they can recapture some of what made the first film good I'm interested, but where their earlier movies appealed to a wide audience lately Pixar seem to have been churning out paint-by-numbers kiddie films.

So, is Need For Speed like a Fast and Furious wanna be?

Not as much as I'd expected. It kind of reminded me of Torque, but with cars instead of bikes. I think the NFS film franchise will do just fine on its own.

^^He has done some great stuff in other fields (The Lego Movie and Batman Begins). He consistently does a good job in action roles, though.

Battleship? Wrath of the Titans?

Regardless of how poor Battleship was, Liam Neeson still did a good job with the material he had. It wasn't his fault that he was kept out of the action for the entire film. Wrath of the Titans was meh all around (Some of the visual effects were very nice, though).

I finally saw Bronson recently...that's the one with Tom Hardy as Britain's most violent convict in recent history. I can see all the comparisons to Clockwork Orange, and it definitely gave me that vibe. Only thing is, this movie is much more brutal, and that's very fitting if you're going to cast Tom Hardy as your main character. Don't expect to come away from it feeling good.

That new Godzilla movie looks amazing. When I first heard about it I thought it would be just another action flick that you would only watch once (Battleship, Clash of the Titans, etc.) but when I saw that main trailer, I was like "Holy crap that looks amazing." I'm definitely seeing it the first day it comes out.

Just watched reservoir dogs. I know it's not exactly new but it's a film I had been wanting to watch for a long time and overall enjoyed it. Definitely wasn't expecting that ending, but then it's Tarantino, so....

I had an awesome experience a few weeks ago. My friend and I took an impromptu road trip down to the Gulf of Mexico. We had my ipad mounted to the passenger sun visor so he could watch movies on the way with the sound being connected to the stereo. Well, when we were a few hours from getting there, I made him watch my favorite movie of all time, The Shawshank Redemption, because he hasn't seen it before. Needless to say, just as we literally pulled onto the beach, he was watching the ending scene with the credit music flowing loudly from the car speakers.

It was a pretty awesome moment if you're familiar with the movie I had a great time visiting it's filming location in Mansfield Ohio back in 2012.

I went to the premiere of Divergent. I personally thought it was really good. I was worried because the commercials I saw made it look overly cheesy, but the film was much better than I hoped. Well acted, good music, and cool sets.

Got a special screening of CAPTAIN AMERICA: THE WINTER SOILDER and let me just say, it lives up to the hype. Definitely way better than the first and even as a DC Comics guy, I find this to be MARVEL's best movie yet. I'm not even sure whether I liked this or Avengers more! It was well put together and had some good plot twists, definitely made up for the shocker that was Iron Man 3. Good references to the first movie as well along with a tearjerker scene. 10/10

I just got back from seeing Captain America this afternoon. Along with The Avengers, this is probably the best of all the Marvel movies to date. ...And that's saying a lot with the first Captain America, the first Iron man, and both Thor movies being really good. I really recommend seeing this one on the big screen.

Grade: Very solid A.

On a side note, I can't wait for Guardians of the Galaxy in August. ...I guess I just can't get enough of this Marvel Universe on the big screen.