TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movies, Movies, Movies.....

robbalvey

Second posting. Afterthoughts. Bite me.

~ ~ ~ ~

I also just realized that the top three Oscar Awards (IMhO) could go to an interestingly alternative-lifestyle-friendly trio of winners.... if it plays out that way on March 5th...

Best Actress - Felicity Huffman, playing a transgendered female.

Best Actor - Seymour P. Hoffman, playing a gay novelist.

and Best Pic - Brokeback Mountain, about... well, we all know that one, lol.

Worth a "hmmm" dontcha thinks?

Also:

Jake Gyllenhaal could win best supporting actor and Michelle Williams could win best supporting actress both for Brokeback, but I think it will go to George Clooney. (I hope Jake & Michelle win they were both amazing, I am such a Brokeback junkie! Loved that movie). That would mean all the major award winners would have the same theme this year.

Sorry to get COMPLETELY off subject, I just saw Pink Panther tonight with Steve Martin. Decent remake, but Peter Seller's performance on the original series was still great.

On other hand I'm watching "8 Mile" right now, its been okay so far, its kindof one of those "F" this "F" that movies, but I'm getting into it somehow.

-Justin "yay I love movies"

A Double Feature Movie weekend for me...

Final Destination3: Ok, wrapped up the trilogy for me. Of the 3, this one was the weakest. I do want to ride the coaster seen in the beginning though. As a coaster rider, the opening scene was a bit tough, and a lesson as to why we dont bring loose articles on rides . Otherwise, a VERY GORY movie I must add. Keeps in tone with the others. Of the 3, I prefered 2 the best though. Husband kept saying all the actors were supposed to be in highschool, but looked like they were 30.. ..LOL.

Also saw, When A Stranger Calls. I saw the original. It scared the CRAP out of me as I was a babysitter when I was "of age". I had really low expectations of this one. This movie was good. I really enjoyed it. Lots of little jumps..Every time that phone rang, I almost was freaked out all over again. Some dumbass in the theater had the EXACT ringtone of the phone in the movie, and her cell phone went off, and she didnt notice it was her phone at first. Solid movie though, and most of the theater goers werent even born for the for the first one!

I saw to movies this weekend

Pink Panther- Normal Steve Martin type of movie... Hilarious. I would like a couple of ambuhgurs

When A Stranger Calls- The begining was boring and corny mostly because they tell you everything that happens up until the end in the commercials. The end was pretty good and caused the audieance to scream a lot. I almost fell out of my seat at the very end.

Well it says post anything about movies, so here.

I was looking for Final Destination trailers and clips, and came across a few sites. I'm sure if you are more than 20 years old, you will remember these movies. If not, just watch them, I'm sure you'll think they look pretty good.

Here is a clip for "The Hills Have Eyes" opening March 10, 2006.

http://media.filmforce.ign.com/media/655/655842/vids_1.html

This movie is about a family. Much like in Texas Chainsaw Massacre, where they are traveling through the deserts of New Mexico, where the government had done testing with their nuclear bombs. Their van breaks down, and they are stranded in the desert. Little do they know, that there are mutant humans that are living in the desert. The mutant humans begin harassing the family, killing them, torturing them, and mentally breaking them apart.

Here is one for "The Omen:666" Opening on 6/6/06.

http://media.filmforce.ign.com/media/760/760910/vids_1.html

The Omen in about a young boy, the son of the devil, coming to Earth.

Here are pictures for "Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Beginning" opening October 6, 2006.

http://media.filmforce.ign.com/media/730/730451/imgs_1.html

Many of you have heard about this movie. About the 6 friends that are going to a concert, when they pick up a hitch-hiker in Texas. Then the girl shoots herself because they are driving towards the "bad man's house". Well, this is the prequel to the famed Texas Chainsaw Massacre movies.

Any of you wrestling fans? Well then, you might enjoy this scary flick made by the "WWE". http://media.filmforce.ign.com/media/800/800598/vids_1.html

This one is about a group of people sent to clean up a hotel for community service, but someone is there watching them. The wrestler "Kane", locks them in and hunts them down like they are roaches.

Here's one for you gamers. Halo. http://media.filmforce.ign.com/media/040/040236/vids_1.html

I'm not sure if this is animated or real, but I guess we'll just have to wait and find out

And two more, one that A LOT of you will probably want to see.

Superman Returns. http://filmforce.ign.com/objects/033/033915.html

Following a mysterious absence of several years, the Man of Steel comes back to Earth in the epic action-adventure Superman Returns, a soaring new chapter in the saga of one of the world's most beloved superheroes. While an old enemy plots to render him powerless once and for all, Superman faces the heartbreaking realization that the woman he loves, Lois Lane, has moved on with her life. Or has she? Superman's bittersweet return challenges him to bridge the distance between them while finding a place in a society that has learned to survive without him. In an attempt to protect the world he loves from cataclysmic destruction, Superman embarks on an epic journey of redemption that takes him from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of outer space.

Last one, Spider-man. This one isn't out 'till '07 though.

http://filmforce.ign.com/objects/041/041073.html

Off Topic: but I am a fan of 24, and guess what. They are making "24" the video game! Yay!

National Treasure

This was way better than I thought it would be. Even though it was long, it was never really slow or boring. It was funny in some parts too. For some reason, I thought Riley was really entertaining. Overall, it wasn't as good as Pirates of the Caribbean, but I still liked it a lot.

Red Eye

I couldn't hear all of the movie since people were talking over it, so I missed some stuff. The movie seemed really short, but I don't think they could have made it any longer without it being really stupid. Overall, the plot wasn't that great, but I kind of liked it. It was oddly entertaining and almost funny in some parts.

Just came back from seeing Capote this afternoon...

Wow. Omg. Amazing.

Hoffman should win Oscar for this role. Sorry Heath, but it's just such an all-encompassing role of a real-life literary figure. Hoffman earns it, totally.

Woot. Quite a film. 9/10

~ ~ ~

I love the nominated ones I've seen so far. Next week, we might get to see Good Night, and Good Luck.

I just got through watching Saw II. Woah this movie is so flippen crazy. For some reason, this movie made me want to go into that house. I think that the most gruesome death, was when the girl tried to get her antidote out of the clear box, and then when she stuck her hands in the box, she stuck her arms in the razor blades. Ugh. This movie is so confusing though, Like Woah. But this movie is pure awesome. 9/10

I just watched His Girl Friday, a 20's/30's slapstick comedy. It was definitely funny, and creative. The best part was when this girl says "I'llnever tell you where he is!".........and then jumps out a window to her death.

Watching some of the Peter Jackson's KING KONG Diaries this evening. On DVD.

A daily "reality tv-like" diary of how PJ's King Kong was shot, starting with the shooting day's schedule and some really bizarre stuff on it!

You wonder if some of it is really "spontaeneous" or totally created for the day's diary shot.... fascinating, and funny/freaky at same time.

They're on the day's start of shooting Skull Island set now. All in the NZ back lot of the new Studios Peter created from the Lord of The Rings' profits...

Fascinating.

(Might be worth a rental to any of you 'King Kong' fans... past and present.)

Brokeback Mountain...

I actually really liked it. Kind of saw what all the fuss is about. It's a really nice, classic love story, just with different characters than most of us are used to! I felt kind of bad watching it though because A) I called the ending about 25 minutes into it, and B) I felt guilty for watching it when I'm sure that so many people are probably very offended by it.

Since we've pretty much been iced in except for today, here's all the movies I've seen.

Flight Plan

Really good. Alot better than I thought it would've been. Not sure if Jodi Foster was the best part, but she wasn't bad.

Red Eye

I really really liked this one. The plot was great and the suspense was crazy. It was a bit short but that never hurt anybody. I also liked that they tied in some humor.

Pink Panther

This is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. Steve Martin is about the only one who could pull it off.

I watched Final Destination last night. It started at 10pm and finished 11:40pm on Channel 4. OK, since FD3 had just been released, Channel 4 decided to show 2 back to back on 2 nights. I watched the first one the night before.

Final Destination 1

I thought it was a great film. I had never seen a Final Destination film before so I really didn't know what to expect. The start with the aeroplane is quite strange. The part were it shows you the explosion while you are on the plane, it is kind of disturbing, but it didn't bother me at all after. But I just think that this film is the most random film ever. They think of the most random ways to kill the remaining survivors of the plane crash.

Final Destination 2

Since I seen the 1st one the night before, i kind of new what happens in the film, so it wasn't a big surprise, but I thought that was kind of disappointing. I like a film that surprises you. The log truck thing crashes and causes a pill up on the highway. But I noticed when it was about half way through the film, the clues as to what would kill them were not appearing, which I thought was a good thing so then it surprised you. Although I don't get the thing about the new life and death in the hospital, and also when the hospital room explodes.

Overall, I think they are great films. I was hoping to see Final Destination 3 today but I never got around to it.

I watched Final Destination last night. It started at 10pm and finished 11:40pm on Channel 4. OK, since FD3 had just been released, Channel 4 decided to show 2 back to back on 2 nights. I watched the first one the night before.

Final Destination 1

I thought it was a great film. I had never seen a Final Destination film before so I really didn't know what to expect. The start with the aeroplane is quite strange. The part were it shows you the explosion while you are on the plane, it is kind of disturbing, but it didn't bother me at all after. But I just think that this film is the most random film ever. They think of the most random ways to kill the remaining survivors of the plane crash.

Final Destination 2

Since I seen the 1st one the night before, i kind of new what happens in the film, so it wasn't a big surprise, but I thought that was kind of disappointing. I like a film that surprises you. The log truck thing crashes and causes a pill up on the highway. But I noticed when it was about half way through the film, the clues as to what would kill them were not appearing, which I thought was a good thing so then it surprised you. Although I don't get the thing about the new life and death in the hospital, and also when the hospital room explodes.

Overall, I think they are great films. I was hoping to see Final Destination 3 today but I never got around to it.

Speaking of Final Destination movies, I just saw Finel Destination 3. It's a really good movie in my opinion. More blood than the previuos movies. The Roller Coaster scene was awesome. Hopefully that wouldn't happen in real life. =P Go check it out.