TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movies, Movies, Movies.....

robbalvey

Just saw Monsters University yesterday.

Great fun. Lots of background stuff to look at.

And lots and lots and LOTS of monsters to see, too.

I couldn't keep track of the assortment we saw, lol.

8/10

Just saw Cabin In The Woods. What an awful movie! I cannot believe it got a 7.1 on IMDB .

I've seen movies on the SyFy Channel that were better than this steaming pile of crap.

This movie was so fake! LOL

As someone who loved it for what it was, a sort of satire/silly re-imagining of the horror genre, what exactly did you guys not like about it?

I liked how it took the conventions of the typical contemporary horror flick and stood them on their head--a nice piece of satire (much better than the "Scream" movies).

Pacific Rim is amazing fun. It's basically Independence Day with giant robots and monsters instead of space aliens, so it's not going to knock you over with an amazing script or anything. Still, it's lots of fun to watch, the action sequences are incredible, and it's easily the most fun I've had watching a movie this year. See it on IMAX if you can.

dt

^The 3D was awesome.

I saw Pacific Rim on Friday. It was an awesome movie. The concept was original and well executed, along with an awesome soundtrack. It was an awesome movie to watch, and if you see it, stay until after the (awesome) credits.

Monsters University

For a kids movie, it is rather good. I wouldn't go see it again but it was pretty good for a kids movie. Was not as good as the original though.

Iron Man 3

Absouloutly incredible, a great film, loved it. In my top 10 movies. Best Iron Man yet. I was expecting it to be horrible because of Disney, but actually it is a really, really good film.

The Lone Ranger

The worst movie I have ever seen. Just so much weird, random moments to where all your thinking is "what's going on"? A really disgusting moment to where he gets dragged in cow poop was the worst scene in any movie ever. This movie should be called "The Lone Loser". Or "The PooPoo Loser" or something like that.

Edited by YOLO

Lone Ranger

This movie could not decide what it was, where it wanted to go or what it wanted to be.

I really wanted to enjoy it but I just couldn't get past the bizarre and continuing tone shifts. You'd go from scenes of Indian slaughter to Depp and Hammer griping at one another, to scenes of people's hearts being eaten, to these bizarre and out of place comic relief sections. The finale as a whole felt a silly and frivolous romp with all the seriousness leading up to it dropped in favor of the classic carefree craziness without consequence.

There were also several characters and back stories that never quite get explained or fleshed out, especially the manner in which the story is told from.

Weird movie. I'd recommend seeing it just because there are some great action sequences in it and some rather clever bits that make it entertaining. Just don't be surprised by the weirdness that goes on.

^Agree - Lone Ranger was a mess. Entertaining, but still a mess. With some tighter editing and the removal of the 'old Tonto' framing scenes it could have been much better. They should have saved Tonto's backstory for the sequel, it just didn't fit the tone of the rest of the film.

^I don't think there will be a sequel. Box Office Mojo says that only $122.5 million of the $215 million has been made. It doesn't look like they will make much money, if any at all.

Although it may happen, as some actors have reportedly signed on for a couple sequels.

Based on box office performance I think a sequel is unlikely, but since Disney was clearly looking to make this into a franchise they should have mapped out the first three films to begin with, rather than trying to cram so much backstory into the first one.

Pacific Rim is amazing fun. It's basically Independence Day with giant robots and monsters instead of space aliens, so it's not going to knock you over with an amazing script or anything. Still, it's lots of fun to watch, the action sequences are incredible, and it's easily the most fun I've had watching a movie this year. See it on IMAX if you can.

dt

Just saw Pacific Rim and I totally agree with Dave. Really fun movie.

I also saw Lone Ranger and it was good. Not great, and not bad. The movie did seem long, and I agree that it jumped around a lot.