TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movies, Movies, Movies.....

robbalvey

War of the Worlds was a terrible movie.

I've had a few MSN conversations about it recently, and here they are.

Jer says:

Me: "If they had studied the planet and found it suitable for relocation of their species, wouldn't they KNOW that it had bacteria that would kill them?"

Her: "No, they studied human life to see if they could be easily killed."

Me: "So they annihilated the planet but knew absolutely nothing about it? How exactly does that make them a higher species? It makes them stupid!"

Jer says:

And basically all it is is Tom Cruise and that annoying brat running from aliens.

Jer says:

And aliens blow things up.

Jer says:

And then they die.

Jer says:

But through no fault of Cruise or brat does this happen.

Jer says:

So they just run around.

Jer says:

And then stop running.

Jer says:

The end.

---

Jer says:

"The aliens invade the earth but in the end their own stupidity kills them. Watch Tom Cruise and an annoying brat run from them for two hours before resuming their lives. Here are some cool effects."

Jer says:

You'd think a super-advanced alien race who plan to take over earth for their new resort planet would do some studying and realize "Durr the planet has BACTERIA WHICH KILLS US."

Jer says:

It's not exactly rocket science for a species which can develop technology like the stuff that's shown in the movie.

---

I HATE THIS DAMN MOVIE.

^cough *written in the 1800's* cough

I was watching TV, and the latest Phantom was on. I've seen it before, but tonight, the feed was absolute crap, and half of the movie was screwed up. I still like it though, except for the phantom, who CAN'T sing (not even if his life, or career, depended on it).

I'm watching The Empire of the Sun in film class, and for some reason I just HATE the kid in it with a severe passion.

I have never heard of this movie before.

It was absolutely panned by the critics when it came out. It's a Steven Speilberg movie from the 80's, and it was amazingly done, except for the main character. I just hated him for some reason. But no one else did, so don't think that he's absolutely unbearable, even though he was to me.

Got to see Underworld:Evolution

I enjoyed it. I like the first one well enough and figured the second one would be a good story. I was abit confused at first, but once they explained a few things, I knew what the heck was going on.

Best part of the movie experience for me was we saw the movie in a theater that charges an extra $2 to see it in a 21 and up theater. It has leather seats, and unlimited refills on small popcorn and also a bar. It was a very awesome experience, one we will do again.

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind:

This movie came bundled with Lost in Translation...I'd never actually heard of it before it showed up on my dvd rack....but I liked it. Its deep. Its not just something you can have on in the background, you have to pay attention to it...and its not linear at all. It jumps back and forth throughout the movie. If you don't pay attention all the way through to the end, most of what you saw won't make sense. In fact, it pretty much contradicts itself in some key points right up until its all explained at the end...its one of those movies that takes several viewings to really understand it.

If you want a movie to just watch and have a good time don't watch this. But if you want something that'll make you think pick up a copy.

We're finally going out next week to see a new movie.

Brokeback Mountain was our last one. Just before Christmas.

Any good suggestions, peeps? Recent openings, and meant to be SEEN on The Big Screen, lol.

Not going to do Narnia just yet, so that's out for now. And no slasher films, k? Just not us, heh heh. So....?

Thanks in advance.

Al Lewis died yesterday, February 3 2006. Al Lewis was in "The Munsters", a 1960's t.v. show that had Fred Gwynne dressed up as Frankenstein as Herman, Yvonne DeCarlo as a Bride of Frankenstein type character named Lily, Butch Patrick as a wolfman looking character, Pat Priest as the only normal person in the family, and of course Al Lewis as Dracula named Grandpa. If you have never seen The Munsters watch it; its a very good and funny show. Al Lewis is the man in my avatar. He was a very accomplished actor. Al Lewis was somewhere between the age of 83 and 95.

I just watched War of the Worlds, and I personally thought it was very good. The effects were astounding, the acting was great, especially by Dakota Fanning, and the soryline wasn't that bad. Overall a very good movie. 8/10.

That sucks that Al Lewis died. I liked The Munsters, but not as much as I liked The Addams Family. I love the twisted atmosphere of the house and all the characters. I'm sorry that I'm rambling, but I do that a lot.

Transamerica 8/10

As part of my Oscar Fest, I saw Transamerica last night. Thought Felicity Huffman did a very good job. I love her on Desperate Housewives, so it was something to see her in this role. Thought the movie was good. Might want to wait till it is a video/dvd rental. Will have to see the other nominated roles in the next few weeks to see if she should get the Oscar for best actress. As of right now I think she deserves it.

We also saw TransAmerica the other day.

Excellent movie, and Huffman is amazing in the role of Bree. We both agreed that she was an excellent choice for the Oscar nomination.

Next week, we're going to see Capote hoping that it (and Hoffman) are everything it (and him) are up to the reviews.

Hmmm. Just realized....

Huffman for Best Actress.

Hoffman for Best Actor.

Co-incidence? I think not, lol.