TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movies, Movies, Movies.....

robbalvey

Went to see Cabin in the Woods yesterday and thought it was...ok?

I liked how it was different and such but I think they made it too obvious too early that all was not what it seemed, I think they maybe should have left it as bit of a surprise, at least until half way into the movie?

Anyways, it was good but not as good as I was hoping.

Saw Bully here in Baltimore. It is REALLY good! It is a really well done documentary. I feel as though every child in middle and high school should see this movie. I was honestly in tears from opening till end. I am glad they took out the F word so it could have a PG-13 rating.

Saw Cabin in the Woods last night, and I can't tell whether I think it's amazing or terrible. Either way, it definitely takes a few big steps away from the classic horror movie mold.

Also, does anyone else think Battleship looks like Transformers with boats?

Saw the Hunger Games today! (my town's small theater only plays one or two movies a week, and always weeks or months after they come out)

I really liked the movie! I haven't read the books, but now I want to. The movie kept me on the edge the whole time. The wasp scene literally had my heart pounding in my chest... I think that's one of the scariest scenes in any movie i've seen recently! I HATE WASPS!!!

^ I tried to get tickets for tonight but every theater near me was sold out

But I wanted to ask you all which movie do you think will make more money, the avengers or the dark knight rises ? I think the dark knight because it has more fan's .....I think.

Fantastic cinema is the answer

I haven't had the chance to get out to the movies in like forever, but I have been hearing rave reviews for The Avengers. It smashed previous opening weekend records too grossing over 200 million this weekend. That's insane. I don't necessarily care for superhero movies, but several scenes were filmed in my hometown of Cleveland, so I've gotta support it

To say I was completely blown away by The Avengers would be a gross understatement.

It's quite simply the most fun I've had at the movies in a LONG time. Great story, great acting, great effects. Joss Whedon is a genius (not that we didn't already know that).

The way he was able to bring in all the characters, give them all their individual screen time and not leave you wanting for more was simply brilliant.

Mark Ruffalo ... WOW. I have to admit when I heard Edward Norton was not reprising his role as Hulk/Banner I was kind of disappointed. Even though "The Incredible Hulk" felt like a rehash of Ang Lee's "Hulk" I thought Edward Norton did a pretty good job in the movie. But Mark Ruffalo ... the PERFECT person to play this role. It's now his role and I REALLY hope they make another Hulk movie. Hulk certainly got the most cheers in our theater and it'd be great to see more of that now that the character has embraced his "Hulkness".

I can't see any other movie beating this over the summer, the only ones that have a chance to are probably Prometheus or Dark Knight. I know I'll be seeing this at least once more on the big screen.

I think [/b]The Avengers[/b] is so amazing that I think it's my favorite movie of all time.(A guy at my dad's work said that too.)It made me have so many emotions.I could see it 3 or 4 times and still not get bored.Also the mid-credits scene was just pure creepy.(In the good way.)

Also I have heard rumors of other Marvel Cinematic Universe Movies in Production such as:

Ant-Man

Nick Fury

Doctor Strange

Black Widow

Hawkeye

S.H.E.I.L.D

Black Panther

And More...

The Avengers movie was everything I could have hoped for and more. Not only is it the best movie I've seen this year, but it's the best superhero movie to date. Yes, it's that good.

Grade: A

P.S. The Hulk/Loki fight scene was classic. lol.

I saw The Avengers. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't what it was hyped up to be either. I like super heroes and felt Loki's army was kinda dumb. I liked all the scenes with Loki though. The movie was entertaining... just not necessarily what it was hyped up to be. I would give it a B... maybe even a B+, but Cabin in the Woods still got an A and is still my favorite movie of the year.

I was thoroughly entertained by The Avengers, but I still prefer The Dark Knight as my favorite superhero movie. I did like that the Avengers, although quite lengthy, did not seem to drag. It had a very fast, exciting pace that kept me interested throughout.

I'm normally not a fan of superhero movies, but given that The Avengers was getting so many good reviews, we decided to see for ourself.

I will say that outside of Avatar, this was one of the best 3-D movies I have seen. Loved the cheesy comedic jabs melded into the action and special effects. We were entertained from start to finish and that's what movies are supposed to do!

We were amazed while walking out of the theater that a group of teenage guys were poking fun at their friend because he fell asleep and missed all but ten minutes of the movie. I tend to fall asleep a lot while watching movies on my own tv at night, but with the sound in that theater, we were amazed at how anyone could have fallen asleep during that movie!

I caught Dark Shadows on Sunday afternoon, and was able to get through it without any violent coughing fits despite the head cold I've been fighting since last week. I thought it was a lot of fun, but I think fans of the old series will get more out of it than non-fans. (I used to race home after school when I was a kid to catch Dark Shadows. It's the only soap opera I've ever watched consistently.)

Edited by cfc

I think [/b]The Avengers[/b] is so amazing that I think it's my favorite movie of all time.(A guy at my dad's work said that too.)It made me have so many emotions.I could see it 3 or 4 times and still not get bored.Also the mid-credits scene was just pure creepy.(In the good way.)

Also I have heard rumors of other Marvel Cinematic Universe Movies in Production such as:

Ant-Man

Nick Fury

Doctor Strange

Black Widow

Hawkeye

S.H.E.I.L.D

Black Panther

And More...

I was kind of disappointed that there wasn't any kind of Ant-Man reference (even something small in the background) in Avengers. I mean, he WAS one of the founders.

Well, at least not that I saw.

Rumors are the Edgar Wright (Scott Pilgrim vs the World/Shaun of the Dead) has been tagged for the Ant-Man movie. This would be AMAZING!!!

^Poor Ant-Man! He and DC's Atom must have plenty of long, sad conversations over beer about the sad state of their careers.

Edited by cfc

My personal opinion is Ant-Man sounds too weird and "childish" for a big-budget movie.

Anyways, I saw the Avengers on Sunday and it was amazing. It might classify as my favorite movie. Usually action movies don't have a good plot, but I just see it for the action. Avengers both has an amazing plot and amazing action. My favorite superhero is the Hulk after his dispute with Loki.

I really need to stop doing this to myself.. I just finished Memento. Brilliant movie, but confusing as all hell..

Oh! That's what I forgot to post yesterday! The sci-fi masterpiece Moon is available on YouTube for free, completely legally, here! If you haven't seen it, now is a perfect opportunity to have your mind blown. It's excellent.

Recently saw two great movies

The Avengers: This is my new favorite movie. Sure action was a contributing factor, but the comedy in this movie was awesome. I love how Robert Downey Jr. got a ton of small little jabs in at some of the other guys, especially Cpt. America. This movie just had all the makings of a great movie. *Infinity Symbol*/10

The Muppets: I liked this movie. It was very funny and I thought it was better than I thought it'd be. There was just a lot of fun stuff in it that made this movie great. I'd recommend seeing it. 8.5/10

Ant-Man

Nick Fury

Doctor Strange

Black Widow

Hawkeye

S.H.E.I.L.D

Black Panther

And More...

I was kind of disappointed that there wasn't any kind of Ant-Man reference (even something small in the background) in Avengers. I mean, he WAS one of the founders.

Well, at least not that I saw.

Rumors are the Edgar Wright (Scott Pilgrim vs the World/Shaun of the Dead) has been tagged for the Ant-Man movie. This would be AMAZING!!!

There was a reference when Nick Fury is talking to Loki about a boot and a ant.Also Edgar Wright tweeted a picture of this board with a man,an ant,and then a man mixed with an ant.I've even heard that Mandarin is going to be in Iron Man 3.

My personal opinion is Ant-Man sounds too weird and "childish" for a big-budget movie.

Anyways, I saw the Avengers on Sunday and it was amazing. It might classify as my favorite movie. Usually action movies don't have a good plot, but I just see it for the action. Avengers both has an amazing plot and amazing action. My favorite superhero is the Hulk after his dispute with Loki.

It's not childish he's one of the founding Avengers that should have had a film made by now.