TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movies, Movies, Movies.....

robbalvey

Paranormal Activity 2... waste of 2 hours of my life.

I assume you meant PA 3?? Because it is pretty clear what happens at the end of the 2nd one.

The fact that they're so similar that you can't tell the difference between 2 and 3 should be a good indicator of how good the movie is. Haha. And no I meant 2. I know what happens at the end of 2, but it just felt really stupid and forced..

Last night I went to a screening of The Rocky Horror Picture Show. It's my Halloween tradition to see it in the theatre with a live shadow cast. We actually have 2 shadow casts here in Tampa Bay. I've seen one, so decided to check out the other. They actually had females playing Frank & Rocky, which was... different. The one playing Frank was actually quite good, but the one playing Rocky... not so great. And the girl playing Columbia just didn't seem into it (maybe she was just having a "off" night). I'll give them another chance because the rest of the cast was pretty decent.

Well, I had never gone to the movies to see a 'true' horror movie, so when my new girlfriend ( ) took me to see Paranormal Activity 3 last night, I was pretty freaked. Luckily for me, I handled it very well and, wouldn't you know it, actually enjoyed it! It wasn't complete and utter gripping terror throughout, but there were a few parts that got my heart doing double-time. It had enough scares in it to keep everyone on the edge and some were even pretty entertaining. Still, that sheet scene with the babysitter was downright freaky.

I saw a horror movie last night that I really enjoyed... it really creeped me out and that usually doesn't happen to me. It was called "In the Mouth of Madness" and I guess it's a Carpenter film. I chose it (over "Drag Me to Hell", actually) because I've never heard of it and Sam Neill was in it, and I love "Event Horizon"!

Has anyone else seen this movie?

Just saw Paranormal 3.

There weren't any freaky scenes like there were in the first or second. (Except the back breaking scene) I found the movie more entertaining and funny then anything. The rotating camera though made the scenes very suspenseful and was a very good idea.

The Devil Inside though looks CREEPY. I cannot wait.

I saw a horror movie last night that I really enjoyed... it really creeped me out and that usually doesn't happen to me. It was called "In the Mouth of Madness" and I guess it's a Carpenter film. I chose it (over "Drag Me to Hell", actually) because I've never heard of it and Sam Neill was in it, and I love "Event Horizon"!

Has anyone else seen this movie?

I have and it's an interesting take on HP Lovecraft. It is a Carpenter film.

I watched "Trilogy of Terror" last night, which I haven't seen since it was an "ABC Movie of the Week" back in the 1970s. It's still quite entertaining, especially the final segment involving this wonderfully goofy, yet still scary possessed African doll.

I saw "In Time". There will be SPOILER ALERTS so if you intend on seeing the movie, read no further.

Okay, the idea of using time as currency was a really great idea, because the main underlying theme of the movie was "how much is your life worth?" However, what I think was a great concept, was ruined by bad delivery, not enough exposition of main characters, a bad cast ensemble, and cheesy effects. It did have two redeeming qualities in the sense that some parts are so bad that they're funny, and you get to see Timberlake shirtless.....twice.

Wow, for some reason, I love animated movies. I have like a kid image in my mind. Yet, I also like action, adventure, and gorey movies(Don't forget comedies) I have a lot of favorites. My fav animated movies are Toy Story 3, Despicable Me, and Cars 2. Some of my other favorite movies are Roller Coasters in the Raw movies, The A-Team, Expendables, Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl, Grown Ups, The Green Hornet, Thor, Captain America: The First Avenger, The Other Guys, Jason and the Argonauts, Zombieland, Armageddon, Independence Day, Lord of the Rings Trilogy, Star Wars Original Trilogy, Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, Indiana Jones Series, Christmas Vacation, and A Christmas Story.

^Absolutely nothing wrong with loving animated movies. Every now and again, I watch movies from my childhood to see how well they hold up many years later. All the skillfully crafted movies designated towards children and families still hold up REALLY well. I noticed that your top three animated movies are relatively recent. Try checking out some of the older stuff, they are much better than today's.

It's great to see I'm not the only one who loves family oriented animated movies as well as action movies (though there are some movies on your list that I disagree with).

^Absolutely nothing wrong with loving animated movies. Every now and again, I watch movies from my childhood to see how well they hold up many years later. All the skillfully crafted movies designated towards children and families still hold up REALLY well. I noticed that your top three animated movies are relatively recent. Try checking out some of the older stuff, they are much better than today's.

It's great to see I'm not the only one who loves family oriented animated movies as well as action movies (though there are some movies on your list that I disagree with).

I'm wondering, which ones?

A couple weeks ago, I comprised a list of my favorite and least favorite animated movies (I do movie reviews for my Facebook friends). Here's the good stuff in order without the details:

1. Princess Mononoke (1997)

2. Beauty and the Beast (1991)

3. Watership Down (1978)

4. The Secret of Nimh (1982)

5. The Plague Dogs (1982)

6. Toy Story (1995)

7. The Lion King (1994)

8. Chicken Run (2000)

9. The Iron Giant (1999)

10. (tie) Lilo & Stitch (2002), Spirited Away (2001)

Hope this helps.

Wow, for some reason, I love animated movies. I have like a kid image in my mind. Yet, I also like action, adventure, and gorey movies(Don't forget comedies) I have a lot of favorites. My fav animated movies are Toy Story 3, Despicable Me, and Cars 2. Some of my other favorite movies are Roller Coasters in the Raw movies, The A-Team, Expendables, Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl, Grown Ups, The Green Hornet, Thor, Captain America: The First Avenger, The Other Guys, Jason and the Argonauts, Zombieland, Armageddon, Independence Day, Lord of the ringy dingy ding-a-ling dings Trilogy, Star Wars Original Trilogy, Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, Indiana Jones Series, Christmas Vacation, and A Christmas Story.

I disagree with 99.9 percent of your list(not intended to sound douchey I swear) but I LOVE animated movies as well. I(along with many others) grew up in the Disney animation renaissance with movies like Aladdin, The Lion King, and Beauty and the beast among others... and they will always hold a place in my heart. Even some newer animated movies are great... like I boycotted Disney Animation for a while because I prefer hand drawn are unless it's Pixar of course... but I ended up really enjoying Tangled. I think quite a few of of us have "kid minds" here though... we ride roller coasters as a hobby for God's sake... lol. Nothing wrong with a "kids mind" however... cause we have more fun! But yeah, an animated film can be just as good as any other film pertaining it has a good story line, character development, and is well done.

^ I will try to check some of those out... I have heard of most of them but have mostly only seen Disney movies and I like movies a lot so I will try to watch some of those! YAY!

It's 3:10 and I can't sleep... I think I'm gonna watch the Human Centipede 2 now!

Wow, for some reason, I love animated movies. I have like a kid image in my mind. Yet, I also like action, adventure, and gorey movies(Don't forget comedies) I have a lot of favorites. My fav animated movies are Toy Story 3, Despicable Me, and Cars 2. Some of my other favorite movies are Roller Coasters in the Raw movies, The A-Team, Expendables, Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl, Grown Ups, The Green Hornet, Thor, Captain America: The First Avenger, The Other Guys, Jason and the Argonauts, Zombieland, Armageddon, Independence Day, Lord of the ringy dingy ding-a-ling dings Trilogy, Star Wars Original Trilogy, Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith, Indiana Jones Series, Christmas Vacation, and A Christmas Story.

I disagree with 99.9 percent of your list(not intended to sound douchey I swear) but I LOVE animated movies as well. I(along with many others) grew up in the Disney animation renaissance with movies like Aladdin, The Lion King, and Beauty and the beast among others... and they will always hold a place in my heart. Even some newer animated movies are great... like I boycotted Disney Animation for a while because I prefer hand drawn are unless it's Pixar of course... but I ended up really enjoying Tangled. I think quite a few of of us have "kid minds" here though... we ride roller coasters as a hobby for God's sake... lol. Nothing wrong with a "kids mind" however... cause we have more fun! But yeah, an animated film can be just as good as any other film pertaining it has a good story line, character development, and is well done.

Tangled is pretty good

^ I will try to check some of those out... I have heard of most of them but have mostly only seen Disney movies and I like movies a lot so I will try to watch some of those! YAY!

It's 3:10 and I can't sleep... I think I'm gonna watch the Human Centipede 2 now!

Disney's hand drawn movies > Pixar > Dreamworks > Disney's computer animation

I hope to see more of Disney's older movies in 3D like they did with the Lion King.

--James

I know a lot of people do not like many of the movie series that are out now but I follow many of them. I recently saw Paranormal Activity 3 and it is the best one yet. It had the most and best thought out scares I think. I can not wait to see what they do with the 4th one and hope that keep it a prequal too because the ending of this one was pretty creepy.

• 2 weeks later...