TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movies, Movies, Movies.....

robbalvey

Personally I'm not very interested in seeing the next Disney/Marvel film THE AVENGERS....but we'll see!

How are you not interested in seeing this? It combines all of the AMAZING movies over the past few years, they tied them together so brilliantly, Captain America was the final piece to get The Avengers ready, it's going to kick so much ass

Kit Kittredge

Now your probably thinking "Why would a 23 year old guy watch this movie?" Well, For Once I Don't judge movies based on intended audiences, and 2nd I Liked the Film. Everyone in the Film gives their all in this movie. Abigail Breslin is making good choices with the films she takes (Or is that her Parents) and the film was not funny, but it was Interesting Dealing with a Bad Economy, Foreclosure, and Kids Having to Get Jobs. This was in 1934 so it's very different than now. I Won't spoil the film cause it has a Sweet message, good acting, and a "Comfort Food" feel to it. It's rated G So it's appropriate for everyone.

I Reccomend everyone watch it.

^It was quite subpar. It had its few moments, but they were few and far between. The movie had a bit of darkness to it that I feel should have been expanded upon greatly. More death, more gore, more tension between the father and the one guy (sorry, can't remember names and too lazy to care enough to look them up). The ending left a lot to be desired, but after looking it up apparently the original script ending was quite a bit different and quite a bit darker. The movie had a ton of potential but it seemed to miss almost all of its opportunities.

Kit Kittredge

Now your probably thinking "Why would a 23 year old guy watch this movie?" Well, For Once I Don't judge movies based on intended audiences, and 2nd I Liked the Film. Everyone in the Film gives their all in this movie. Abigail Breslin is making good choices with the films she takes (Or is that her Parents) and the film was not funny, but it was Interesting Dealing with a Bad Economy, Foreclosure, and Kids Having to Get Jobs. This was in 1934 so it's very different than now. I Won't spoil the film cause it has a Sweet message, good acting, and a "Comfort Food" feel to it. It's rated G So it's appropriate for everyone.

I Reccomend everyone watch it.

Speaking of comfort food movies. I saw "The Help" and it wasn't as bad as some people would think. The best part in the movie had to be the "Terrible Awful" done by the character Minnie. (Not spoiling it, go see it for yourself.)

I watched Trainspotting last night. Very very strange but brilliant film about heroin addiction that is very effective. It is a dramedy in every right because some of the dialogue is quite sharp and there are a few funny scenes, but some of the movie was also VERY disturbing and even kind of scary... I don't want to give anything away, but I'd HIGHLY suggest a watch... it's on netflix instant!

I just watched TRON: Legacy and I was extremely impressed. My original thoughts were that I would overall not like the movie, but be held in it primarily by the soundtrack by Daft Punk, currently one of my favorite artists. But infact, I loved the movie, and the soundtrack held it all together perfectly.

I have to say, this was one of the mosr visually attractive movies I've ever seen. It was all so clean, crisp, and easy to look at without being overwhelmed. As well as the actors which were all 'pretty.'

The whole plot line seemed hazy at first, but it all gradually pulled itself together and I was looking forward to what piece of the puzzle I would get next, and they all fit nice and snug. The acting wasn't 'superb' but it pulled a lot of emotion, which I think is just as important. I never saw the original Tron, so I don't have anything to compare to, but the revisiting seems like it held the spirit of the original. And they could not have picked a better duo to do the soundtrack. They made an appearance in the movie which was pretty clever. They fact that they believe in all these odd links with people and robots is just so perfect!

On the other hand I watched Due Date a few nights ago and found it overall boring with nothing in the sense of a visible plotline. Not all that funny either! There were parts where you could tell the audience was supposed to laugh, but I didn't find myself laughing. Whatever the bearded guys name is, basically played the exact same character he did in the Hangover, only less funny.

I just watched Rise of the Planet of the Apes.

I thought it was better then okay, but not great. Some of it was pretty predictable and drawn out, but there was a lot of fast paced scenes.

It's a little sad at parts (the grandpa with Alzheimer's! ), but had an ending I thought was fitting and satisfying.

I just watched Rise of the Planet of the Apes.

I thought it was better then okay, but not great. Some of it was pretty predictable and drawn out, but there was a lot of fast paced scenes.

It's a little sad at parts (the grandpa with Alzheimer's! ), but had an ending I thought was fitting and satisfying.

It was good, but I kept expecting James Franco to come home stoned to Lithgow bludgeoning a father... Oh how different roles can haunt an actor.

I can't wait for The Thing Prequel.

Midnight showing - Don't Be Afraid of the Dark - Most terrifying movie i have ever seen. It was artistic in its own way, and it laid NO mercy on its scares and thrills. I don't think there was a person in that theater who wasn't crying by the end of the movie. But at the same time, it was also the best movie i have ever seen. It was just phenomenal. And watch out for the prologue... its really, really gross.

Cowboys and Aliens- Now I remember why I hated Wild Wild West.

The Help- Enjoyable movie, but should and could have been way more powerful.

Jane Eyre- I was the only male in the theatre and by the end was the only one not crying.

Tangled was MUCH better than expected. I was kinda against non hand drawn pixar films for Disney... but if they are as good as something like tangled AND if hand drawn continues at least partially then I fully endorse 3d animated Disney films pertaining they are Tangled quality! Awesome flick!

Just got back from watching The Inbetweeners at the cinema, which completely lived up to expectations. However, we got into a discussion on the way home about whether only Brits would find it funny. My German friend didn't find it funny at all. What do you guys think? Is it too British?