TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movies, Movies, Movies.....

robbalvey

We saw Harry Potter on Wednesday afternoon.

Was fine. But more 'okay' to me, for some reason I still haven't figured out, just yet.

The pace was good, and apparently their 'digesting' several hundred pages of the book worked well (to most other critics and GPs). However, I found the pace to be rather jumpy in spots. I think there were so many scenes to cover, things (IMhO) just didn't flow as well as for me, the first three have gone.

I haven't read any of the books. And probably won't. Just yet, lol. But for now, the movie franchise will suffice. For now.

I also think we were sitting too close to the screen for this one. Needed to be farther back, possibly to get it all in one viewing. I may even go again, and sit farther back just to check things out. I did enjoy it, and certainly could figure out several forgone conclusions from movies (and books), past.

Who knows? I will give this one a out of 5 (IMhO).

I am just back from watching Haryy Potter and The Goblet Of Fire. It was pretty good, but since you have read the book, it didnt seem as good as I thought it was going to be. But it ws ok. It was really messed up when Harry met Voldemort, he started spazzing out on the ground and then the other guys seemed to be practicing Voodoo.

Overall, I would give it 8/10, but The Goblet of Fire is my favourite Harry Potter book.

Recently I have seen 'Kiss Kiss Bang Bang', the movie was pretty funny. I recomend it.

I saw Doom yesterday and it was brilliant. I thought it was a bit unpredictable at times. IMO its a great movie and its well worth watching it.

I saw Walk the Line and AEon Flux this past weekend. Both were really good movies. I liked Walk the Line a lot. I don't want to give anything away, but he dies at the end! Anyway, Walk the Line was a great movie. AEon Flux was good, but very weird if you aren't familiar with the original series. At least there is talking in this incarnation. I am possibly going to go see King Kong next tuesday at a private screening for VW employees. I will know friday if I am going. I am excited and hope that I will be able to go.

Rent

Rating: 5/5

I really enjoyed the movie. I had never seen the musical and I had never heard any of the music. I was amazed at this movie. It's one of the few movie that makes the viewer feel 'in touch' with the characters' emotions. I was blown away by the awesome music. Overall, this is exactly what I like to see when I go to a movie. A catchy, hip, new, yet different movie. This was it. All of the people who I went with (we all work at an IMAX theatre) agreed. We all loved it. Great show.

Just saw Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe.

This is now my favorite movie of all time!!! I have read the book and the movie is very faithful to it! The children were pretty good actors. Some people said this was boring, I don't know why I would they they would think that. Aslan was very well done, great visual effects and a great voice for him. The battle scenes were fun to watch. Overall a 5/5 from me.

The Cronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe

Rating: 10/10

I saw this last week in a sneak preview and boy was I amazed. This is probably the truest book-movie I have ever seen. If anything, they added stuff. I thought the character development could have been better, but besides that it was amazing. So I leave you with my final word, GO SEE IT!

---Brent 8)

Friday Night Lights

Saw this in school today for the first time (in math... :? ) and it was ok. I'm not really a big fan of football movies, and most other sports movies, since they all pretty much have the same plot. But it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I was surprised to see Tim McGraw in it too--I didn't know he acted....

My Best Friend's Wedding

Saw this one in English. I had seen it before, but I had kind of forgotten what happened. I'm not sure what was funnier--some parts of the movie or the seeing guys pained expressions while they were watching it. (There are about 7 guys in my English class, so they got outnumbered when we voted on a movie.)

I recently saw:

Capote - Definitely one of the top films this year. Philip Seymour Hoffman gives THE performance of the year, and I have a feeling he's got an Oscar waiting with his name on it. The film even prompted me to go to the library and check out "In Cold Blood", the non-fiction novel that Truman Capote is writing during the film. 3.5/4

Thumbsucker - I was prepared to be disappointed for this one. It really seemed like it was just going to be an attempt to cash in on the success of recent indie flicks like "Garden State". The first act of the film did not do much for me, but once it got flowing in the second half it was flat out oustanding. A wonderful little film that most people won't see this year. And oh yeah: Keanu Reeves plays a philosophical orthodontist. 3.5/4

King Kong - Peter Jackson seems to be establishing himself as the top dog for making huge epic films. He seems to have a real hatred of making cuts, and I felt like that was a big problem here. At more than 3 hours running time, I thought some of the action sequences were way too long, and could have been cut substancially. Kong certainly does a good job though of giving action fans all they could ever want, while still developing the characters very well and creating many subtleties beneath the surface. Some of the CGI was not that great, but the CGI for King Kong himself was absolutely breathtaking. Suddenly it occured to me during the film that I was connecting with this giant ape by reading his facial expressions. Plus, it has Naomi Watts, so that's like automatically a couple of points right there. 3/4

Today I have seen "The Bone Collector"! It was a real good movie. I think it was the 3rd or 4th time I have seen that movie, but it is still great! I have read a few Lincoln Rhyme novels. They are so exciting! I think Jeffrey Deaver is a good author. However, Denzel Washington and Angelina Jolie were the right cast for this movie! It is a bit sad, that there is no second movie with them! Or is there a second movie of this story?

--Sören

saw Brokeback Mountain this afternoon...

Wow. Amazing and intense film. Very awkward in parts. As it should be.

It's quite something to see, really. I don't think we expected how smartly it was written, for all of the characters, not just the two male leads.

Ledger and Gwyllendahl (sp?) should both get award nominations. And it definitely is a director's film, so Ang Lee should get a few noms for awards, himself.

Excellent film.